PDA

View Full Version : Just got bill for the Ames ad

Razmear
08-25-2007, 02:15 PM
I just got a bill for the Ames ad from the Tribune. The letter said they shipped over 1600 copies of the paper around the world.
I'm guessing in the confusion they miss placed the file for my credit card payment, so I'll give em a call on Monday to square that away, they probably never had to take 1600 orders in 2 days before so I can understand the mistake.

eb

McDermit
08-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I still haven't gotten the copy I ordered. :(

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 02:57 PM
1,600?! Good grief, I hope that count includes their regular circulation. The reason I say that is when I received my copy, it was in a regular manila envelope with a regular postage stamp---meaning someone manually sent it out.

Razmear
08-25-2007, 03:37 PM
1,600?! Good grief, I hope that count includes their regular circulation. The reason I say that is when I received my copy, it was in a regular manila envelope with a regular postage stamp---meaning someone manually sent it out.

The letter said they shipped that many just for the Ron Paul ad, so thats in addition to the regular circulation. Plus they even included a prepaid envelope for the payment which is costing them another 42cents to get their $2.
If anyone did just get a bill and is sending a check, you might want to be nice and put a stamp on the envelope to save them some cash. I don't think they made a profit on these papers at all. I think it cost about 75 cents just to mail it here.

eb

Razmear
08-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Heres a scan of the letter.

http://razmear.us/rp/trib_letter.jpg

btw, it was on really nice paper stock too.

eb