PDA

View Full Version : Why didnt ron paul do a book tour?

ClayTrainor
06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Why didnt RP get on all the talk shows like colbert and stewart for his highly successful book?

was there an official reason for no book promotions?

Ethek
06-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I happen to know of one book signing that he did for the Louisville rally. He had a book signing at the Borders before hand with a Photog and reporter from the New York Times. I don't know if anything was actually puiblished about it. I have a signed first edition though. :)

He zipped through about 6 or 700 signings in about an hour and 15 mins. I think hes done one or two others in TX.

wgadget
06-10-2008, 07:01 PM
It's a good thing he only has 7 letters in his whole name...

garrettwombat
06-10-2008, 07:09 PM
it seems like there are never any press conferances... no media is ever notified of what we do... now no book signings... i just cant help but think how unprofessional the way this campaign has worked.

slacker921
06-10-2008, 07:14 PM
good question.

slacker921
06-10-2008, 07:16 PM
it seems like there are never any press conferances... no media is ever notified of what we do... now no book signings... i just cant help but think how unprofessional the way this campaign has worked.

now.. there were some press releases (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/316/ron-paul-1-on-new-york-times-best-seller-list/).. but... yeah..

NightOwl
06-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Why didnt RP get on all the talk shows like colbert and stewart for his highly successful book?

was there an official reason for no book promotions?

They were all pitched and none were interested. What else can be done?

WRellim
06-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Ummm... maybe he didn't do a book tour because he's not interested in the main purpose of book tours... After all, if the "William Forrester" character (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181536/quotes) in "Finding Forrester" (http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/f/finding-forrester-script-transcript.html) is to be believed, the book tours, readings and signings are NOT really about selling books:

Forrester: You know those things they [authors] do, that coffee shop reading shit? Do you know why they do it?
Jamal: To sell books, I guess.
Forrester: No, It's because they want to get laid.
Jamal: Really? Women will sleep with you if you write a book?
Forrester: Women will sleep with you if you write a bad book.

{Dang! That reminds me I gotta finish writing that book!} :D

Which would explain why Ron didn't bother... He's still in love with his wife. :)

Besides, it's not like he needed to do it to boost sales. ;)

literatim
06-10-2008, 07:57 PM

You do realize that his campaign has absolutely nothing to do with his book? The book is published by a large publishing house, if it is being ignored it is the media's or the publisher's fault.

tonesforjonesbones
06-10-2008, 08:28 PM
I wish he would do a book tour. I went to Glenn Beck's book signing which was sponsored by Books a Million and our talk radio station. The talk radio guy (local guy) claims to be a libertarian but voted for Mitt Romeny. HOw annoying. But he DID show up to all of our local Ron Paul events. Maybe he secretly voted for Ron Paul..and just TOLD the audience he voted for Mitt...my town was a heavy Mitt Romney town. TONES

rathskeller
06-10-2008, 08:56 PM
He did. He raised millions of dollars for that book tour, that began last year, and seemingly ended around February 5.

garrettwombat
06-10-2008, 09:12 PM
You do realize that his campaign has absolutely nothing to do with his book? The book is published by a large publishing house, if it is being ignored it is the media's or the publisher's fault.

really now?

i wasnt talking about his presidential campaign...

spacehabitats
06-10-2008, 11:17 PM
He had a book tour already. Didn't you notice?

It was patterned after his presidential campaign.

He had two or three book signings; now he's going to wait until all of the interest dies down and then he'll have one in Pennsylvania and a couple more in his hometown in Texas.

What more could you ask for?:rolleyes:

WRellim
06-11-2008, 12:00 AM
He did. He raised millions of dollars for that book tour, that began last year, and seemingly ended around February 5.

QFT

He had a book tour already. Didn't you notice?

It was patterned after his presidential campaign.

He had two or three book signings; now he's going to wait until all of the interest dies down and then he'll have one in Pennsylvania and a couple more in his hometown in Texas.

What more could you ask for?:rolleyes:

QFT +1000

Both are funny... :D but sadly both are equally true! :(

angelatc
06-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Maybe, just maybe, he didn't do a tour because Congress is in session?

Omphfullas Zamboni
06-11-2008, 01:32 AM

But none of the other presidential candidates miss publicity because of their day jobs.

RideTheDirt
06-11-2008, 03:20 AM
But none of the other presidential candidates miss publicity because of their day jobs.
So? Do you want him to?

spacehabitats
06-11-2008, 09:51 AM

And I am really glad he stayed around to interview the Iraqi politicians

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7100024511957262999&q=%22Ron+Paul%22+Iraqi&ei=YPJPSLDMJ4j6-gHA5dS6DA

and I don't really think that he has been neglecting the promotion of his book.

I did think that he seriously underestimated the importance of personal appearances throughout his campaign, and regardless of the admirable reasons behind his behavior (dedication to his congressional duties, etc.) we all have paid a price in lost opportunities.