PDA

View Full Version : *** IMPORTANT -- VA 8th and 10th Get Out The Vote FOR LIBERTY TODAY!

mrchubbs
06-10-2008, 11:24 AM
[Mods please don't move until after 7pm tonight, please? and maybe help bump it]

The GOP primary is being held today in Virginia in two districts where Ron Paul Republicans are running... the 8th and the 10th.

The turnout is EXTREMELY Low.

If anyone reading this knows anyone in either of these districts or you live in either of these districts and haven't voted.... get out there and vote. Get up, pick up the phone and call all your friends and get them to vote.

Oh yeah, make sure they are going to vote for:

Vern McKinley in the 10th
Amit Singh in the 8th

Two hours after the polls opened in my precinct there were a total of 9 votes on the GOP side, including mine and I live in the largest precinct in my county.

The winners will be the ones who are able to best get out the vote. That is the point of this message.

Amit Singh has a great chance since he's running against a previous primary loser non-incumbent.

McKinley will certainly have a much much harder road, but if we can find more support and get them to actually vote he may pull to within striking distance or maybe even win. If he were to beat 28 year incumbent Frank Wolf in this primary it would likely make national news.

Please help out if you can.

Thank You.

Jeremy
06-10-2008, 11:30 AM
If Amit Singh doesn't win, I'll blame Ellmore's recently sent out false post card

mrchubbs
06-10-2008, 11:42 AM
If Amit Singh doesn't win, I'll blame Ellmore's recently sent out false post card

Yes, that was a pretty nasty move on Ellmore's part. I can say though it is not surprising with some of the things I've learned as a volunteer for the McKinley campaign such as:

1 - Two very prominent Republicans in the State met/called McKinley and tried to strong arm him out of the race. (One is a sitting Congressman, the other is now running for Governor.)

2 - This may be just a coincidence, but Vern's wife was almost run off the road on Sunday on her way to church with the kids. She, of course has a McKinley bumper sticker on her car. As the other car passed by she noticed the Wolf bumper sticker on it. This may or may not have anything to do with the "opposing" stickers but it certainly makes one wonder.

3 - There is A LOT of hatred towards McKinley from established Republicans in the district because they really seem to love Wolf and McKinley has the balls to fight against Wolf's big government ways. They are treating and have treated McKinley like they treat Democrats and in some cases worse.

4 - There seems to be an unwritten rule that states, "the challenger must play by the rules, but the incumbent doesn't have to." Case in point is the sign fiasco at the District convention. The entrance to the auditorium clearly stated "No Campaign Sings Permitted." So McKinley's signs were all posted outside, all over the place. Inside the auditorium above the stage hung a huge airplane style banner reading "Wolf For Congress". Completely unfair and disgusting.

DISCLAIMER: The words expressed above are my opinions and are not nor meant to be any official word from the McKinley campaign.

GET OUT THERE AND VOTE. IF YOU DON'T LIVE HERE AND YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES CALL THEM AND GET THEM TO VOTE FOR McKinley or Singh.

Enjoy.

pinkmandy
06-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm leaving in a few to vote for Vern. Dh did this morning.

We have a 60% possibility of severe storms later so if you're contacting people get them out asap before they roll in. If they're anything like our last storms people won't run out to vote once they start.

MRoCkEd
06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm leaving in a few to vote for Vern. Dh did this morning.

We have a 60% possibility of severe storms later so if you're contacting people get them out asap before they roll in. If they're anything like our last storms people won't run out to vote once they start.
Get all vern's people to vote - and let the wolf people stay home

liberteebell
06-10-2008, 11:56 AM

I know what you mean but really it's the fault of stupid voters who aren't informed in the least and people who won't bother to vote for whatever reason (excuse) they can find. The sad thing is that it is on the local level that our votes actually make a real difference. No electoral college, no weighted votes, no convention shennanigans. Barring vote fraud, this is where it really counts and yet, people stay home for these elections.

All the more reason why we Liberty minded people can make a real impact with Liberty candidates, especially in races such as these.

skiingff
06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I just cast my ballot for Amit Singh. My mom & dad also cast their ballots for Amit Singh.

There were only 30 votes on the Republican side and 25 on the Democratic side when I voted.

Jeremy
06-10-2008, 01:54 PM
bump

No1ButPaul08
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
When do the polls close?

Jeremy
06-10-2008, 02:21 PM
When do the polls close?

i think 7... but idk

mrchubbs
06-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Yes 7pm in VA.

pinkmandy
06-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I just got back and I was the only one there. All the poll workers were sitting around a table eating donuts and chatting. Nobody came in before me, while I was there, or while I was leaving.

winston_blade
06-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Is low turnout good for us? I take it that it is.

pinkmandy
06-10-2008, 03:54 PM
And my 7 yo looked totally cute in his RP tshirt- he seems to think that is how you dress when you go vote. ;)

malkusm
06-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Hmm, the district map is really tricky right around the Vienna area. I have friends up there but I don't know what district they are in (either 10 or 11). Can anyone who lives around there give me any insight/clarification before I message them and make a fool of myself?

dw1345
06-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Is there a website we can see results come in?

powerofreason
06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Is there a website we can see results come in?

Thats what I want to know...

skiingff
06-10-2008, 04:20 PM
The results will be posted here:
http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/cms/Election_Information/Election_Results/Index.html

But they aren't up yet, it'll probably be at least 30 min. - 1 hour after polls close.

I expect the Amit election to be a nailbiter because of EXTREME low turnout, Vern will hopefully benefit from this too but he is facing a popular incumbent in his primary.

Every vote truly will count in such a low-turnout primary.

dw1345
06-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Guys, I did everything I could to try and get my mom to vote for Amit. She simply refused to get out of the house and go vote saying she "had no interest in this election." I begged her for a good hour until the point of annoyance. If Amit loses by a vote, I'll never forgive my mom.

Go Amit!

dw1345
06-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Polls have closed! I really hope Amit and Vern win...

Jeremy
06-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Guys, I did everything I could to try and get my mom to vote for Amit. She simply refused to get out of the house and go vote saying she "had no interest in this election." I begged her for a good hour until the point of annoyance. If Amit loses by a vote, I'll never forgive my mom.

Go Amit!

omg, is that hard to vote? :o

dw1345
06-10-2008, 05:16 PM
omg, is that hard to vote? :o

Seriously, that's what I told her.

dw1345
06-10-2008, 05:21 PM
RESULTS
https://www.voterinfo.sbe.virginia.gov/election/DATA/2008/1F04BDCA-048C-407E-9518-82294DEC67C5/Unofficial/6_s.shtml

With 9% of precicts in, Amit is losing by (only) 50 votes. Vern's not looking so great. Let's hope Amit can pull this one out.

Arlington County isn't in yet, where I think Amit is supposed to do well.