PDA

View Full Version : Fox Ambushes Bill Moyers,Jounalists Ambush Fox

speech
06-10-2008, 05:17 AM
At the National Conference for Media Reform 2008, a producer for FOX's The O'Reilly Factor, Porter Barry, ambushes PBS's Bill Moyers and peppers him with questions regarding his political affiliations and his "refusal" to appear on O'Reilly's show. Moyers disputes FOX's "facts" for the record and asks to interview someone at The O'Reilly Factor about Rupert Murdoch and the show's coverage during the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. The journalist crowd then reacts, chasing down Barry and intentionally giving him a dose of FOX-style bullying reportage.
http://vidzking.com/Tags/Fox-Ambushes-Bill-MoyersJounalists-Ambush-Fox

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 06:27 AM
I don't care if he is a liberal. I'm mighty grateful for Bill Moyers. This is the next best thing to a Edward R. Murrow "Have you no decency" type moment. Maybe better because they're policing each other.

Kade
06-10-2008, 07:41 AM
I don't care if he is a liberal. I'm mighty grateful for Bill Moyers. This is the next best thing to a Edward R. Murrow "Have you no decency" type moment. Maybe better because they're policing each other.

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 07:53 AM

Well, we already knew you don't mind how liberal he is.

Kade
06-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Well, we already knew you don't mind how liberal he is.

You mind if someone is liberal?

Get those freedom juices flowing eh? "Freedom for everyone who believes as I do!"

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 08:00 AM

Get those freedom juices flowing eh? "Freedom for everyone who believes as I do!"

Easy now. All I said is I don't care if Bill Moyer is a liberal. Didn't say anything else.

LittleLightShining
06-10-2008, 08:02 AM

Get those freedom juices flowing eh? "Freedom for everyone who believes as I do!"Settle down.

I think you should get the prize for Most Effective Forum Masochist. Everything offends you. And yet you keep coming back. I don't get it. I don't think you should leave, but all your arguments are "I'm persecuted for being an atheist, " Religion is stupid and I'm so persecuted because of it" and "I'm persecuted for being a liberal."

Personally, I don't care what you are or what you believe. I can get along just fine with liberal atheists and Bible-thumping conservatives. Sometimes the former is easier to deal with, sometimes the latter. I appreciate a balance in journalism and unfortunately it's hard to find. I think acp was expressing the same idea, not attacking liberals in general.

Kade
06-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Settle down.

I think you should get the prize for Most Effective Forum Masochist. Everything offends you. And yet you keep coming back. I don't get it. I don't think you should leave, but all your arguments are "I'm persecuted for being an atheist, " Religion is stupid and I'm so persecuted because of it" and "I'm persecuted for being a liberal."

Personally, I don't care what you are or what you believe. I can get along just fine with liberal atheists and Bible-thumping conservatives. Sometimes the former is easier to deal with, sometimes the latter. I appreciate a balance in journalism and unfortunately it's hard to find. I think acp was expressing the same idea, not attacking liberals in general.

If you find where I wrote that I was being persecuted, I'll concede your point. In fact, I do believe you are copying my same criticism from a post I just made about ten minutes ago...

I'm neither a masochist or unsettled, as you imply. Rather, I think it is my duty to help some of my more dimwitted peers become more informed, especially about their perceived "enemies".

Liberal is a hijacked word, and atheism is common sense. Anything else?

LittleLightShining
06-10-2008, 08:20 AM
If you find where I wrote that I was being persecuted, I'll concede your point. In fact, I do believe you are copying my same criticism from a post I just made about ten minutes ago... Maybe not "persecuted." I'll concede. But you do spend an awful lot of time discussing how bad the Christians are and then you get offended when people make offhand but not offensive comments about liberals.

I'm neither a masochist or unsettled, as you imply. Rather, I think it is my duty to help some of my more dimwitted peers become more informed, especially about their perceived "enemies". Wow! That is so generous of you! You provide an invaluable community service for us.

Liberal is a hijacked word, and atheism is common sense. Anything else?Hmm... Conservative is a hijacked word and Christianity is truth.

Kade
06-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Maybe not "persecuted." I'll concede. But you do spend an awful lot of time discussing how bad the Christians are and then you get offended when people make offhand but not offensive comments about liberals.

Wow! That is so generous of you! You provide an invaluable community service for us.

Hmm... Conservative is a hijacked word and Christianity is truth.

I don't think Christians are bad... at all.

Frankly, most of you scare the crap out of me, but doesn't mean I'm not going to do everything I can to help my friends and brothers of a different faith when they need it... I have nothing against Christians, I'll debate when I can, but that is all in good nature, and part of what it means to be human I imagine... Christians who desire my death, namely Theocrat, I do have a problem with...

I'll make offhand remarks about Christians when I can, and we'll see how that makes you feel...

LittleLightShining
06-10-2008, 08:28 AM
I'll make offhand remarks about Christians when I can, and we'll see how that makes you feel...Probably the same place it would get me to make offhand remarks about atheists ;)

At any rate, and to get the thread back on topic, Bill Moyers, though valuable for counterbalance, is CFR and not to be trusted too much. This being said I never watch FOX News. I try to limit my MSM news consumption to Glenn Beck (even though he is infuriating at times) and Lou Dobbs. And the rest comes from my liberal friends on NPR.

Kade
06-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Probably the same place it would get me to make offhand remarks about atheists ;)

At any rate, and to get the thread back on topic, Bill Moyers, though valuable for counterbalance, is CFR and not to be trusted too much. This being said I never watch FOX News. I try to limit my MSM news consumption to Glenn Beck (even though he is infuriating at times) and Lou Dobbs. And the rest comes from my liberal friends on NPR.

Without being offensive, I would like to know what is so bad about CFR... I can't find anything in my research. I admit it is not something I understand very well.

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 08:34 AM
And the rest comes from my liberal friends on NPR.

Unfortunately, they spoiled us and now they're slipping into the abyss. One day you're cruising through your morning and Bob Edwards is telling you how many minutes until the hour and within a year you're hearing them claim that when it's nine p.m. in Washington, D.C. it's already midnight in California. Their decline within the last two years was precipitous.

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Without being offensive, I would like to know what is so bad about CFR... I can't find anything in my research.

They have major influence, they limit their membership to elite team players and they're quite secretive as you discovered.

That's enough for most of us.

LittleLightShining
06-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Without being offensive, I would like to know what is so bad about CFR... I can't find anything in my research. I admit it is not something I understand very well.I'm sorta surprised to see you say that since you do get around these forums quite well. There are countless posts about the CFR and threads which delve quite deeply into the topic. Here's a good post that I found in about 2 seconds of searching: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1496320&postcount=31

LittleLightShining
06-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Unfortunately, they spoiled us and now they're slipping into the abyss. One day you're cruising through your morning and Bob Edwards is telling you how many minutes until the hour and within a year you're hearing them claim that when it's nine p.m. in Washington, D.C. it's already midnight in California. Their decline within the last two years was precipitous.I know. and they really ticked me off when they ignored Ron paul just like everyone else. I let my local station know during their last pledge drive that I felt NPR's news coverage was of no better quality than any other outlet for AP and UPI press releases. I do, however, really like the radio medium in that I am spared the rolling death count and Zetia commercials. They also have (what I hope really is) excellent international coverage.

Kade
06-10-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm sorta surprised to see you say that since you do get around these forums quite well. There are countless posts about the CFR and threads which delve quite deeply into the topic. Here's a good post that I found in about 2 seconds of searching: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1496320&postcount=31

None of those claims seemed verified... I have searched, it just seems people hate them strongly, and I want to be part of the group, but I can't just hate indiscriminately.

Kade
06-10-2008, 11:44 AM
The current president of CFR wrote this piece:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2006/02/21/2003294021

Yikes.

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Yikes.

Yeah. One world government isn't good enough--it has to involve corporations so it can be one world fascism.

LittleLightShining
06-11-2008, 06:52 AM
The current president of CFR wrote this piece:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2006/02/21/2003294021

Yikes.
Richard Haass was Huckabee's foreign policy adviser. And your man Obama is clutching tightly to Zbiegniew Brzezinski.

Here are some links in case you don't know much about him.
http://www.wanttoknow.info/brzezinskigrandchessboard
http://www.rense.com/general80/obb.htm

HOLLYWOOD
06-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Simple:

The O'Reilly 'McCarthyism' Factor, Porter Barry = JackASS

Kade
06-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Richard Haass was Huckabee's foreign policy adviser. And your man Obama is clutching tightly to Zbiegniew Brzezinski.

Here are some links in case you don't know much about him.
http://www.wanttoknow.info/brzezinskigrandchessboard
http://www.rense.com/general80/obb.htm

Spoken with such vitriol.

Now, when it comes to Zbiegniew Brzezinski, I've done about as much research as one could possibly do, and I'm not as wary of him as some of you seem to be... he seems to be a rather intelligent and relatively accurate guy.

He is only one of Obama's foreign advisers.