PDA

View Full Version : For those against Internet neutrality

freelance
06-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Say buh BYE to the forums. Here is what you'll live with soooooooooooooon.

NO, I don't like govt. regulation, but there's GOING TO BE regulation. I am not pure enough that if there's going to be regulation, at least I want it in my favor.

So enjoy...

http://ipower.ning.com/netneutrality2

AND, when it happens, you can enjoy the fact that you were PURE libertarian, even though such a thing does not exist. For God's sake, wake up and work with the cards we are dealt, until we can change the dealers. Yeah, yeah, I know Ron Paul is against Internet neutrality, but if this is what it comes down to, why even have an Internet? It's MSM reigning over yet another medium--our beloved Internet.

Until we get a free market, I want to the deck stacked in my favor whenever possible.

ARealConservative
06-09-2008, 05:40 PM
if there's going to be regulation, at least I want it in my favor.

the 16th amendment was designed to "soak the rich". Prior to its passage, government was funded exclusively by the rich and the poor payed no tax on labor.

Now look at it. Most people are taxed before they see a dime and the amount taxed is substantial. Ironically, around the same time we passed an amendment to tax the wealthy at a higher rate, we were also moved off of sound money.

Today the internet is virtually free from government regulation. Whatever regulation that is passed will not stay in my favor for long. That much I'm sure of.

AutoDas
06-09-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=141957

oh conspiracy theorists

Lol

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
"We're here to help."

Pentagon: The internet is an enemy "weapons system"

globalresearch.ca — The Pentagon's Information Operations Roadmap is blunt about the fact that an internet, with the potential for free speech, is in direct opposition to their goals. The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system"

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=JES20080202&articleId=7980

---------------------------------

US plans to 'fight the net' revealed
Last Updated: Friday, 27 January 2006, 18:05 GMT

By Adam Brookes
BBC Pentagon correspondent

A newly declassified document gives a fascinating glimpse into the US military's plans for "information operations" - from psychological operations, to attacks on hostile computer networks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4655196.stm

---------------------------------

"Net neutrality is the new deal for the internet. Instead of addressing the real problem, you're ceding more liberty to the government in the hopes that they'll deal with the symptom you see most clearly. "

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=133902&page=2

pcosmar
06-09-2008, 06:16 PM
It was only a matter of time.
the PTB have seen the dangers of the free exchange of ideas. In order to control people they will have to control information.
Whether Government entities or Corporate entities it makes little difference.

There will be other means of spreading information.
The system will be hacked or circumvented.

One option to learn.
Hellschreiber

werdd
06-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Taxing the internet is the next step.

No i really dont think its part of some great one world goverment scheme.

I just think that our politicians are exceptionally greedy, and our political spectrum has shifted so far to the left.

more taxes = more earmarks = more investing in votes = they get elected.

Every politician loves taxes, because they love the idea of finding that one special issue that they can earmark to tickle to taints of someone or a group of people who care deeply about an issue.

One thing is for sure, coders will develop another protocol and make congress sign a bill just about every month.

Dieseler
06-09-2008, 08:00 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=141957

oh conspiracy theorists

Lol

You think this is a conspiracy?
This is a business decision for the telecom companies, You know, the people that own the fiber optic and copper cable infrastructure that leads up to the side of your house.
Oh yeah, they are the same people that own all the equipment that processed all of the information between your PC,Mac or Wtf' ever you use and Ron Paul Forums Server in this thread.
They have a lot of clout in the FCC.
They will likely get what they want. Then you wont have to worry about anymore conspiracy theories or anything else you like about the internet because you wont have access to sites like this anymore.
You will have access to what they provide.
Its their bandwidth in their opinion.
Think what you want.

AutoDas
06-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Okay, Diesler.:rolleyes:
They obviously want to silent such a smart fellow like yourself. Keep going for the truth;)

Dieseler
06-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Okay, Diesler.:rolleyes:
They obviously want to silent such a smart fellow like yourself. Keep going for the truth;)

This really doesn't have anything to do with my intelligence and
I will be the first to admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
What it is about however, is that the telecoms would like to charge websites individually for their bandwidth in such a manner that would make it virtually un- affordable for sites such as this one to continue to operate freely.
These sites would have to pass the buck.
How much did that last post cost you Auto?
It was free right?
Do you like it that way?
If you do, you need to do the research and find out what Net Neutrality is all about.
This subject concerns all who use the internet freely outside the cost they pay their ISP or whomever hosts their sites.
On the even further downside, if the telecoms do get their way, the internet will become a lot more quiet for the majority of its users and that is for certain.
An even worse scenario could be that you purchase to view certain sites ala carte similarly to the way we wish cable operators would offer subscriptions. In other words, pay for the sites you wish to view individually and not have to pay for the ones you do not care for.. That would suck ass for us but it is in the works and is a very real possibility. The internet is free for now sort of like the wild west once was but you have to keep in mind that outside you're Pc, Mac or Wtf ever you use, you do not own any part of it that makes it work. There is tremendous potential for more profit for the people who own the infrastructure and they will fight to eek out every penny of that profit.
Think what you want.
Thats the truth.

freelance
06-10-2008, 03:15 AM
It was only a matter of time.
the PTB have seen the dangers of the free exchange of ideas. In order to control people they will have to control information.
Whether Government entities or Corporate entities it makes little difference.

There will be other means of spreading information.
The system will be hacked or circumvented.

One option to learn.
Hellschreiber

That's what I'm counting on! Medium-term, we're screwed. Short-term, we still have the Internet, long-term, some smart bleeding-edge group of geeks will create an alternate means of communication for us, and then we'll start the process all over again, until they find a way to shut that down. Rinse, lather, repeat...

Kludge
06-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! They tooked my internets away!

Patriot123
06-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm still a bit skeptical due to the fact that the only real source is this sole website and they're claiming that 'they have inside information,' but if it is true, which I'm still very skeptical about, someone had aught' to organize some sort of "mass letter-bomb" to patronize the ISP's about this and threaten to discontinue your service if they even talk about doing it.