PDA

View Full Version : Forum Nazis and Marketing Myopia.

Rhys
06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know what 'Marketing Myopia' is? In a nutshell it's where an organization thinks of themselves by the product they sell, and not the market need they fill. For instance, at the turn of the last century, companies who made horse drawn carriages had two choices, either make cars or vanish. The reason is, they are in the "personal transportation business" and NOT the horse drawn carriage business. Their product fills the need, but a new product does it better now. The old product loses. Marketing Myopia teaches to think of yourselfe as the need you fill, and NOT the way you currently fill it.

This brings me to the forum mod nazis. Posts which are 1/8 other, get sent away to death camps like germans who are 1/8 jew.

The Ron Paul campaign is all but over, and these boards WILL fail soon. This is because the need is no longer Ron Paul, but the movement. However, '1/8 other, 7/8 ron paul posts' even gets moved to the death camps by the mods here. This is because the mods see themselves as a product provider... they provide the Ron Paul Forums. However, the market doesn't need Ron Paul Forums as bad as it needs Revolution

forums... and hence the boards are dieing.

Fill the need, not love your current product.

Stop sending posts to death camps.

I have one about the grassroots, ron paul and all... it got moved. No idea which eighths was jew, but it happened.

And I'm not posting this because I'm personally mad or whatever. I care so I post. lol I love the Revolution as much as anyone, and these forums have been a great aid. However, that status is failing because, again, the need has changed but the forum mods aren't changing with it.

Countdown till this post is sent to the death camp.

amy31416
06-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Over-react much? Nazis? Death camp? Your point might have been good if you didn't make all of those ridiculous over-the-top comparisons.

Either that or you need to read up on what death camps and Nazis were really like. Try again without the comparisons.

Fyretrohl
06-09-2008, 04:39 PM
The other forums are just as easy to reach and read, if I choose. There is no need for them to be in this section of the forum. I come to this section to read about Ron Paul, etc. I can go to the others to read about Barr, Etc.

Rhys
06-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Over-react much? Nazis? Death camp? Your point might have been good if you didn't make all of those ridiculous over-the-top comparisons.

Either that or you need to read up on what death camps and Nazis were really like. Try again without the comparisons.

what's ridiculous is attacking my word choices and not the content.

and since I'm absolutely correct, I'm sorry.

ps. you should read up about how they decided who was a jew. it's the same process used here to decide what's 'other'.

Rhys
06-09-2008, 04:42 PM
The other forums are just as easy to reach and read, if I choose. There is no need for them to be in this section of the forum. I come to this section to read about Ron Paul, etc. I can go to the others to read about Barr, Etc.

Obama and McCain are cool though?

do you see how it hampers us? probably you don't. :(

Fyretrohl
06-09-2008, 04:43 PM

As a user of the product provided, I disagree. I do not wish to partake of the flavor of product you wish to espouse. So, I am perfectly fine with your flavor having its own section. This forum still provides information about this revolution and about how we believe we should move forward. There is not a concensus on Barr, Baldwin, or Mickey Mouse, so it is appropriate to keep those discussions in an area people can choose to go to.

Rhys
06-09-2008, 04:46 PM
As a user of the product provided, I disagree. I do not wish to partake of the flavor of product you wish to espouse. So, I am perfectly fine with your flavor having its own section. This forum still provides information about this revolution and about how we believe we should move forward. There is not a concensus on Barr, Baldwin, or Mickey Mouse, so it is appropriate to keep those discussions in an area people can choose to go to.

no it doesn't. not at all. not even a little. well, maybe a little. besides, the revolution has no future if we are myopic about it.

amy31416
06-09-2008, 04:46 PM

So am I. Comparing "hot topics" or "the vent" to a death camp is silly and over-the-top. It effectively weakend what you were trying to say.

From Wikipedia:

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1] is an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states:[2][3]

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Godwin's Law is often cited in online discussions as a caution against the use of inflammatory rhetoric or exaggerated comparisons, and is often conflated with fallacious arguments of the reductio ad Hitlerum form.

The rule does not make any statement whether any particular reference or comparison to Hitler or the Nazis might be appropriate, but only asserts that one arising is increasingly probable. It is precisely because such a comparison or reference may sometimes be appropriate, Godwin has argued[4] that overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact. Although in one of its early forms Godwin's Law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[5] the law is now applied to any threaded online discussion: electronic mailing lists, message boards, chat rooms, and more recently blog comment threads and wiki talk pages.

Godwin's law is a specific example of a more general principle that also appears to be true.

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of any comparison of any given group to another approaches one."

This law, and Godwin's Law, is supported rationally by acceptance of the fact that, the longer a conversation takes place, the more likely any given idea is to be brought up.

Sally08
06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
It goes across all forums (but requires being logged in).

So what forum a thread is created in/moved to is almost irrelevant.

Note: That also means that "The Vent" and "Hot Topics" show as having new posts, as well.

If you are not interested in those threads, simply notice the Forum name in the list.

Rhys
06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
hot topics is not what i'm talking about. i'm talking about verifiable, rational discourse. hot topics obviously should be a death camp.

Ozwest
06-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know what 'Marketing Myopia' is? In a nutshell it's where an organization thinks of themselves by the product they sell, and not the market need they fill. For instance, at the turn of the last century, companies who made horse drawn carriages had two choices, either make cars or vanish. The reason is, they are in the "personal transportation business" and NOT the horse drawn carriage business. Their product fills the need, but a new product does it better now. The old product loses. Marketing Myopia teaches to think of yourselfe as the need you fill, and NOT the way you currently fill it.

This brings me to the forum mod nazis. Posts which are 1/8 other, get sent away to death camps like germans who are 1/8 jew.

The Ron Paul campaign is all but over, and these boards WILL fail soon. This is because the need is no longer Ron Paul, but the movement. However, '1/8 other, 7/8 ron paul posts' even gets moved to the death camps by the mods here. This is because the mods see themselves as a product provider... they provide the Ron Paul Forums. However, the market doesn't need Ron Paul Forums as bad as it needs Revolution

I have one about the grassroots, ron paul and all... it got moved. No idea which eighths was jew, but it happened.

And I'm not posting this because I'm personally mad or whatever. I care so I post. lol I love the Revolution as much as anyone, and these forums have been a great aid. However, that status is failing because, again, the need has changed but the forum mods aren't changing with it.

You are one fucked puppy.

Somehow you derive solace from ignorance.

Rhys
06-09-2008, 04:52 PM
you did the same thing to me when I said McCain would get the nod and huckelberry would be more threatening than rudy. oh well, that's what I get for trying to teach myopic people to not be myopic.

JoshLowry
06-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We have a great forum for it.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193

;)

When the campaign ends we will switch gears. You make some good points. Hopefully LibertyForest.com will be a success.

Rhys
06-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We have a great forum for it.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193

;)

When the campaign ends we will switch gears. You make some good points. Hopefully LibertyForest.com will be a success.

my point is, it'll be too late.

the horse drawn carriage people said, we'll switch to cars when less people want carriages.

Ford and Toyota never made carriages.

You don't control your market. That's something we should understand better than most.

thanks for being polite though! lol

amy31416
06-09-2008, 05:07 PM
thanks for being polite though! lol

Yeah, he's pretty nice for a Nazi.

ARealConservative
06-09-2008, 05:11 PM
my point is, it'll be too late.

based on objective observable data, it's already too late.

And at the point it wasn't, it would of been too early.

I really don't think we would agree on the cause however - I don't think it is based on the type of content allowed, or the name of the domain. When people lost hope in the revolution making real change in this election, they went back to their everyday lives. These people aren't going to be a part of the cause year in and year out, but give them something/someone to get excited by and they will be right back in the game.

I'm less worried about those types then the ones that don't even know what we stand for.

ARealConservative
06-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah, he's pretty nice for a Nazi.

on a somewhat related note, can we get a new smiley of a dead horse getting kicked? :p

JoshLowry
06-09-2008, 05:14 PM
on a somewhat related note, can we get a new smiley of a dead horse getting kicked? :p

Any image can be posted on the forums. Just find some you like and save the urls.

http://www.irishbikerforum.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dead-horse-fast2.gif

Ozwest
06-09-2008, 05:16 PM
[quote=JoshLowry;1504206]Any image can be posted on the forums. Just find some you like and save the urls.

http://www.irishbikerforum.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dead-horse-fast2.gif[/quotWell done! Hahaha.

Rhys
06-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Any image can be posted on the forums. Just find some you like and save the urls.

http://www.irishbikerforum.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dead-horse-fast2.gif

rofl

ARealConservative
06-09-2008, 05:24 PM

flies and all....perfect!! :D

ButchHowdy
06-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

ARealConservative
06-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Arbeit Macht Frau

lol, we entered a concentration camp.

rajibo
06-09-2008, 05:31 PM
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/061.gif

Rhys
06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
babblefish said "work power woman" lol

Danke
06-09-2008, 05:50 PM
lol, we entered a concentration camp.

Marriage?

"Arbeit macht frei" ("work brings freedom") is the slogan the Nazis' used.

ARealConservative
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Marriage?

"Arbeit macht frei" ("work brings freedom") is the slogan the Nazis' used.

Specifically, it was the sign leading into the main entrance of Dachau.

Or at least I assumed that was what he referred to based on this forum nazi themed thread

Danke
06-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Specifically, it was the sign leading into the main entrance of Dachau.

Or at least I assumed that was what he referred to based on this forum nazi themed thread

He edited it. I kind of liked the Frau instead of Frei. :D

amy31416
06-09-2008, 06:22 PM
He edited it. I kind of liked the Frau instead of Frei. :D

Work brings babes?

There might be some truth to that!

SnappleLlama
06-09-2008, 06:22 PM
I came here for the concentration camps, and all I got was a dead horse!

ARealConservative
06-09-2008, 06:26 PM
I came here for the concentration camps, and all I got was a dead horse!

with flies

don't forget the flies.

Danke
06-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Work brings babes?

There might be some truth to that!

Not babies, wife.

Frau - plural Frau·en, a German married woman.

SnappleLlama
06-09-2008, 06:28 PM
with flies

don't forget the flies.

ROFL!! Yes, how could I have forgotten the flies?! :D

amy31416
06-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Not babies, wife.

Frau - plural Frau·en, a German married woman.

I meant babes in the colloquial use, as in babes, broads, skirts, sweeties, dames, honeys, chicks, ladies or ducks. Not actual babies. :)

ultimaonliner
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM

I agree 100%

I don't read or post much on the forums nowadays. The forums are definitely in a state of accelerated decay.

constitutional
06-09-2008, 09:53 PM

All right, that was utter bullshit. Had to stop reading it half-way through. Forum topics are just moved to the right place. Give me one topic that is moved incorrectly?

I don't want a topic in this section talking about fiji water or McClellan 's new book. Death camps? FYI, this topic belongs to Feedback and Suggestions section. Still don't like how the forums operate? go away, don't keep complaining in the wrong sections.

yongrel
06-09-2008, 10:06 PM
God, this thread fails so hard.

Anyone who compares anything that is not literally a genocide to Hitler's death camps loses. At life. Forever.

/facepalm

Rhys
06-09-2008, 10:31 PM
yongrel, if i didn't know you knew better, i wouldn't dislike you so much.

asgardshill
06-09-2008, 10:33 PM
http://419.bittenus.com/JAMESANDERSON/thumbsdown.jpg

Off to the railroad car with this thread.

Rhys
06-09-2008, 10:43 PM
lol i just realized, I could have had you all the my post's jock if all I did was talk about the audacity to hope for no myopia, instead of nazis. duh, i forgot I'm on the internet where it's fun and easy to be a myopic, nonthinking ass.

asgardshill
06-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Myopia is a medical condition, not something that can be cured by hoping. And as the saying goes, "Wish (hope) in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first."

yongrel
06-09-2008, 10:49 PM
yongrel, if i didn't know you knew better, i wouldn't dislike you so much.

Yeah.. well...

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Jamsie 567
06-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I only read 2 forums Grassroots and Revolution March. I think the mods is a bad idea I agree with the OP.

LibertyEagle
06-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Please be civil.

Thanks. :)

yongrel
06-10-2008, 12:23 AM
I would just like to thank the mods for keeping this tantrum of a thread in grassroots central. The irony is delicious.

constituent
06-10-2008, 05:32 AM
i forgot I'm on the internet where it's fun and easy to be a myopic, nonthinking ass.

hard to believe. seems to me that you've been just that for at least 90% of your forum posting history.

ronpaul.republican
06-10-2008, 06:50 AM
, the market doesn't need Ron Paul Forums as bad as it needs Revolution

You could not be more correct.

The fucking assholes running this board will soon be the only ones left here, scanning the empty forum for verboten posts like vultures looking for carrion.

Most Ron Paulites are their own worst enemies. The reason the mullato communist is probably gonna win the election is because he makes people feel good.

They don't want the truth - they want to feel good. Ron Paul's message is not a feel-good message, and Ron Paulites - especially the idiotic forum nazi mods - don't help to attract anyone. Quite the opposite: people are just turned-off by the controlling behavior and visciousness and holier-than-thou attitude.

I know, I know. If I don't like it, then GET THE FUCK OUT! :rolleyes:

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Sooo....is it time to post that dead horse (and flies) pic again?

asgardshill
06-10-2008, 06:53 AM
I know, I know. If I don't like it, then GET THE FUCK OUT!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

http://www.artspan.com/images/other_member_pics/trij/Kitten_waving_tan.gif

ronpaul.republican
06-10-2008, 06:53 AM

He wasn't using comparisons, he was using analogies, you stupid literal [redacted by Mod]

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

http://www.artspan.com/images/other_member_pics/trij/Kitten_waving_tan.gif

That image placement was awesome! ROFL!!

asgardshill
06-10-2008, 06:56 AM
That image placement was awesome! ROFL!!

Grazie. And, the most amazing part? The coffeepot's broke and I've had no caffeine yet. Of course my whole outlook on life right now is like a snapping turtle with an impacted wisdom tooth, but ... ;)

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Grazie. And, the most amazing part? The coffeepot's broke and I've had no caffeine yet. Of course my whole outlook on life right now is like a snapping turtle with an impacted wisdom tooth, but ... ;)

I know, I know...I often feel like Billary before I've had my caffeine! :D

amy31416
06-10-2008, 06:58 AM
He wasn't using comparisons, he was using analogies, you stupid literal [redacted].

Oh my. Someone's tired of trolling and wants to go out in flames, eh? You have hurt me gravely, I will now take to a reclining position to attempt to get over such an insult.

ronpaul.republican
06-10-2008, 06:59 AM
you did the same thing to me when I said McCain would get the nod and huckelberry would be more threatening than rudy. oh well, that's what I get for trying to teach myopic people to not be myopic.

Yup. You're wasting your time here. Look how all the jackasses come out of the woodwork to attack you when you make a valid, rational point.

This forum doesn't have a Jew's chance in Hitler's Germany of surviving much longer. And with idiots like these for supporters, Ron's message is doomed also.

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Yup. You're wasting your time here. Look how all the jackasses come out of the woodwork to attack you when you make a valid, rational point.

This forum doesn't have a Jew's chance in Hitler's Germany of surviving much longer. And with idiots like these for supporters, Ron's message is doomed also.

Am I going to have to throw a bunch of Caturday pics at you? ;)

EEN-TO ZEE SHOWAHS!!

ronpaul.republican
06-10-2008, 07:05 AM
You are one fucked puppy.

Somehow you derive solace from ignorance.

Your post has been reported to the local Forum Einsatzgruppen for calling the OP names.

MsDoodahs
Ever watch the program "Mission Organization?"

That's why posts get moved.

Even www.LibertyForum.com is categorized - it keeps sites from being downright unreadable.

Membership loss was expected as the primaries finished up.

Sally08
You could not be more correct.

The fucking assholes running this board will soon be the only ones left here, scanning the empty forum for verboten posts like vultures looking for carrion.

Most Ron Paulites are their own worst enemies. The reason the mullato communist is probably gonna win the election is because he makes people feel good.

They don't want the truth - they want to feel good. Ron Paul's message is not a feel-good message, and Ron Paulites - especially the idiotic forum nazi mods - don't help to attract anyone. Quite the opposite: people are just turned-off by the controlling behavior and visciousness and holier-than-thou attitude.

I know, I know. If I don't like it, then GET THE FUCK OUT! :rolleyes:

So much for rational discourse?

hot topics is not what i'm talking about. i'm talking about verifiable, rational discourse. hot topics obviously should be a death camp.

It's threads like this that are killing off the forums (and harming the credibility of RP supporters).

Good job-

LibertyEagle
06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Well, "ron paul republican", I'm wondering why you are here anyway, since you just told me you were supporting Obama. That, along with the "F" comment. :rolleyes:

Oh, I see you have Obama '08 in your sig too. How quaint.

amy31416
06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Your post has been reported to the local Forum Einsatzgruppen for calling the OP names.

Hey there Spazmos of the Message Boards of Doom, so far you've called people names such as dickhead, c***, asshole among other names.

You're obviously either a troll or have some serious anger issues. Wasn't your first post inquiring about stirring up some good old-fashioned violence on a public message board?

What a genius.

ronpaul.republican
06-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Still don't like how the forums operate? go away

This is exactly the approach you should use when proselytizing for Ron Paul.

ROTFLMAO

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 07:13 AM
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9927/0383gd1.jpg

amy31416
06-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Hope that was a perma-ban, his posts have been pretty obvious from day one.

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Hope that was a perma-ban, his posts have been pretty obvious from day one.

Wow...I just noticed that! He'll probably just create another account and continue his bashing...

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Wow...I just noticed that! He'll probably just create another account and continue his bashing...

...whatever dead horse he can find.

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 07:25 AM
...whatever dead horse he can find.

FTW!

Okay, this thread is over. No one can trump the dead horse w/flies pic!!

amy31416
06-10-2008, 07:26 AM

We've seen it before, we'll see it again. The mods generally do a good job of balancing a free exchange of ideas (even if unpopular) with policing. So we're bound to have some trolls that hang around here longer than other boards.

Rhys
06-10-2008, 08:40 AM
wow, my nazi post sure brought out the crazies. lol

i'm still right though, just like when you all called me stupid in november for saying McCain would get the nod. I can't remember all the names you folks used on me then... similar to how stupid I must be and what a troll I must be. lol who's laughing AT you now? I am. And the crazy poster is right... yall's nuts. He is too though. I don't make the forums look bad, all your crazy name calling and snide comments do. The myopia is rendering the forum usless for anything other than chearleading though. It reminds me of when I played games online and there was these people we called "fanbois" because they would defend the game to it's utter death, even when things obviously needed changing. It reminds me of the rest of the GOP too because they act like fanbois too.

ronpaulhawaii
06-10-2008, 08:48 AM
The debate between the "big tent" vs. the "orderly camp" style has been surfacing here since last summer. As long as there are still conventions and other presidential election campaign issues, I see no big changes in mod-style. We are all individuals and doing our best to work towards our common goals. Some are more re-active than pro-active regarding "housecleaning". I like the "big tent" style, also, but will not advocate it much until after this election cycle

regards

RPH - The Mad Tyrant ;)

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 08:51 AM
RPH - The Mad Tyrant ;)

Seig aloha, mein dude!

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 08:56 AM
wow, my nazi post sure brought out the crazies. lol

i'm still right though, just like when you all called me stupid in november for saying McCain would get the nod. I can't remember all the names you folks used on me then... similar to how stupid I must be and what a troll I must be. lol who's laughing AT you now? I am. And the crazy poster is right... yall's nuts. He is too though. I don't make the forums look bad, all your crazy name calling and snide comments do. The myopia is rendering the forum usless for anything other than chearleading though. It reminds me of when I played games online and there was these people we called "fanbois" because they would defend the game to it's utter death, even when things obviously needed changing. It reminds me of the rest of the GOP too because they act like fanbois too.

You've made your point umpteen times on this thread. Why are you doing this:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4129/beatingadeadhorsecb6.gif

Rhys
06-10-2008, 09:39 AM
cause yall aint dead yet....

and you're wrong.

and i'm sick of always being correct and you guys always being wrong.

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 09:43 AM

Can't complain. This is exactly the kind of stubbornness this movement needs.

Well, the format has been doctored before and will be again before it's over. I kind of like the evolutionary way they make the changes. Anything more revolutionary and I'd be lost when I showed up. We'd all have to learn a whole new territory.

Patience is a virtue, my friend.

SLSteven
06-10-2008, 09:49 AM

Now you know how Ron Paul feels in congress!

ronpaulhawaii
06-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Can't complain. This is exactly the kind of stubbornness this movement needs.

Well, the format has been doctored before and will be again before it's over. I kind of like the evolutionary way they make the changes. Anything more revolutionary and I'd be lost when I showed up. We'd all have to learn a whole new territory.

Patience is a virtue, my friend.

"...before it's over..."

over??? It shall never be over... :D

The way I see it, even if that hip looking dude with the mexican name, the one who people always argues about and is remembered for magically keeping the wine flowing at the parties, even if that dude came back and worked a "Liar, Liar" gag on the 3 Stooges resulting in RPs Inaugaration; there would still be a place like LibertyForest for folk like us to network.

"Eternal vigilance is required and there have to be people who step up to the plate, who believe in liberty, and who are willing to fight for it." -- Milton Friedman

Seig aloha, mein dude!

arrgh dee arrgghh, matey :)

http://piratesonline.station.sony.com/spoilers/John-Paul-Jones_thumb.jpg

yongrel
06-10-2008, 10:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

acptulsa
06-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I, too, hope the fight never ends. This does not, however, mean I consider John Paul Jones a pirate.

freelance
06-10-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm neither a moderator nor a control freak, but imagine if you organized your hard drive the way people "file" their posts here. Do you keep your milk and butter in the bathroom? How about your dining room table? Is it in your bedroom? You get the idea...

Nicketas
06-10-2008, 11:05 AM

LibertyIn08
06-10-2008, 11:51 AM
There's a lot of "I's" in that post.

I don't recall that a product, service, or political movement now only requires one happy user.

Hence the problem with Rhys' thread.

:rolleyes:

Liberty_is_NORML
06-10-2008, 12:04 PM
You guys are all fucking nuts.

This forum has degraded into a fifth grade cluster fuck.

I love Ron Paul and the Movement but there are a lot of stupid posters, mods, and admins on this board...and in real life.

Get over yourself and quit moving threads all the time.

Rhys
06-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Hence the problem with Rhys' thread.

naw, i'm not thinking of me.

it's like when I go onto geek forums to find out why my computer doesn't work, and I can't find the post I was reading because it got moved, i become frustrated.

when newbies post, it gets moved, they never come back.

plus, it's like the mods are deciding which direction we move in because everything they don't like, gets moved.

where's my dead horse pic? lol

LibertyEagle
06-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Guys... as time goes by and the RP campaign winds down, some of the subforums are going away. But, we still need some, or it would be very difficult for people to find the subject matter that they are wanting to read. For example, "Other Presidential Candidates" is the place to go if you want to read about Barr, Baldwin, Obama or McCain. If you want to read about guns, "2nd Amendment Rights" is going to interest you. Until Ron Paul ends his campaign, "Ron Paul Grassroots Central" will still be about news and events related to Ron Paul, in addition to short-term announcements.

Hang in there; things will be evolving....

LibertyEagle
06-10-2008, 12:20 PM
naw, i'm not thinking of me.

it's like when I go onto geek forums to find out why my computer doesn't work, and I can't find the post I was reading because it got moved, i become frustrated.

when newbies post, it gets moved, they never come back.

plus, it's like the mods are deciding which direction we move in because everything they don't like, gets moved.

where's my dead horse pic? lol

If threads are mis-posted and therefore moved, a link to its location is always left in its place.

With regard to your comment about things being moved that Mods "don't like", could you give me a specific example of what you're upset about?

Rhys
06-19-2008, 12:12 PM
bump for amistad who really likes this post

yongrel
06-19-2008, 12:15 PM
bump for amistad who really likes this post

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/sylviaviridian/macros/Cat%20Macros/FACEPALM.jpg

Spirit of '76
06-19-2008, 12:23 PM
cause yall aint dead yet....

and you're wrong.

You're my hero.