PDA

View Full Version : NV Convention Update - June 9th

pauletteNV
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
:DPress release as previously posted on DailyPaul. Take note, everyone, this is terrific news.

Recess is OVER! - The REVOLUTION will MARCH on in Nevada!

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Mike Weber Endorses June 28th Republican State Convention

"Given the dismal performance of the Nevada Republican Party at the April Convention, I have no confidence that they have the ability to convene a fair and legitimate process," Weber stated.

Reno, NV, June 9, 2008: Long-time Republican leader Mike Weber has endorsed the assembly of Nevada Republican State Convention Delegates on June 28, 2008 at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno.

Responding to the Nevada Republican Party call back to Convention in late July, long-time Republican leader Mike Weber of Reno is throwing his support behind the Republican gathering being organized by Dr. Wayne Terhune.

“I have been involved in the Nevada Republican Party for over twenty years. Given the dismal performance of the Nevada Republican Party at the April convention, I have no confidence that they have the ability to convene a fair or legitimate process,” Weber stated. “The call to the Convention issued by the State Party Executive Committee is unprecedented, is not legitimate, and is not supported by Party rules or processes.”

Weber, a former Washoe County Party Chairman and four-time Delegate to the Republican National Convention, has served as Nevada’s representative on the national Committee on Rules at the last two national conventions. Dubbed “Mr. Rules” at the April convention, Weber has a demonstrated knowledge of party processes and a well-known reputation of fighting for open and fair Party procedures.

“I am excited that the Republican Party has attracted so many new people into the process from many camps. To welcome these Republicans into the process, I offered free Parliamentary Procedure classes open to all Republicans. Many new people and several Party regulars attended.” Over the past several months, hundreds attended Weber’s classes in Robert’s Rules, and these classes seem to have paid dividends. During the recent state convention many delegates credited Weber with providing them a familiarity in the process permitting them to express their viewpoints in the large convention crowd.

Now Weber has sided with Terhune to reassemble the Republican State Delegates to complete the business of the Republican Convention. They believe that they can provide a fair and open process that will be recognized by the national Party.

“Nearly two-thirds of the attendees at the April Convention demanded an open process of nominating and electing National Delegates. If these reasonable Republicans gather together at the Grand Sierra on June 28, we will complete the Convention in the best traditions of the Republican Party,” Weber stated. “I am prepared to defend this gathering all the way to Minneapolis in September. With all of the video available from the previous State Convention, Party leaders would be well-advised to drop their futile efforts to reconvene in July and join us later this month, lest they invite further national embarrassment to themselves and the Nevada Republican Party.”

-----------------------
Please take a minute and drop Mike a thank you for his dedication to a fair process.

http://www.weber32.com/

brandon
06-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Fantastic!

SnappleLlama
06-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Awesome news!!! Way to go, Nevada!

newyearsrevolution08
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Keep up the fight, I love reading about what the revolution is doing in different states.

Keep it up Nevada!

SteveMartin
06-09-2008, 04:31 PM
I will eat my hat if the 6/28 event is recognized by the RNC.

Huge kudos for going for it, however!!!!!!

pepperpete1
06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
It appears Nevada has some pretty fair minded core GOP people there!
Let's hope that the RNC does recognize the June 28th one.

The way the April convention was "recessed" was actually an adjournment since no future time and place was given as to when the convention would resume. Does this mean that the delegates that have already been elected by the 3 CDs (the third one was almost done counting the ballots and ran to Sue Lowden with the results and then bam, the "recess" got called, will have to be voted for again?

I had asked on another post a ways back whether Bob Beers had been elected as the convention chairman. I never received an answer. Didn't he just volunteer to be the chairman?

Good luck and keep on keepin' on.

itshappening
06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Excellent, now please get the word out about the convention, they will need ad dollars?

JustBcuz
06-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Excellent, now please get the word out about the convention, they will need ad dollars?

Chip In's at www.nevada4ronpaul.com

:)

MozoVote
06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
In this corner, reigning champion....Bob "Chickenhawk" Beers!

In this corner, the challenger... Mike "Rules of Order" Weber!

BATTLE OF THE CHAIRMEN

DING

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/08-12-2007.n1a_12Wrestling.GLD274MPO.1.jpg

SLSteven
06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Keep up the heat in Nevada!

Join The Paul Side
06-10-2008, 07:28 AM
I tip my hat to Mr. Mike Weber. Thank you, sir. God bless this man. :)

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 07:31 AM
I sent some $$$ your way, Nevada...

acroso
06-10-2008, 07:46 AM
How many ppl will we need there to meet quorum and what are the odds we'll be able to reach that number?

SLSteven
06-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Any source for this?

deadserious
06-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I had asked on another post a ways back whether Bob Beers had been elected as the convention chairman. I never received an answer. Didn't he just volunteer to be the chairman?

We voted him in as chairman.

deadserious
06-10-2008, 12:05 PM
How many ppl will we need there to meet quorum and what are the odds we'll be able to reach that number?

We need half + 1 of the 1350 delegates that were there. We had about 500 RP people there, so we need all of them to show plus about 200 non-RP people.

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-10-2008, 12:18 PM
We need half + 1 of the 1350 delegates that were there. We had about 500 RP people there, so we need all of them to show plus about 200 non-RP people.

Are you sure about these 'facts'?

From what I recall reading, we need 2/3 for a quorum,
and at least 2/3 were Paul supporters.

Where'd you get your #s?

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-10-2008, 12:19 PM
oh yeah,

Way to go Nevada Mike.

p.s. Why did we vote Beers for chairman? I also recall
reading how he was pandering to Paul supporters and
that he wasn't really one!

deadserious
06-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Are you sure about these 'facts'?

From what I recall reading, we need 2/3 for a quorum,
and at least 2/3 were Paul supporters.

Where'd you get your #s?

I was there. No way was 2/3 of the delegates RP supporters. There were almost 2/3 of the delegates that voted along with the RP people because they were fair minded and wanted to see a fair fight.

And when we were trying to reconvene (while they turned off the microphones and the lights) it was very clear that we needed 50% +1 to reconvene and elect a new chairman. The number being thrown around tdoay is that same 50% +1 number.

deadserious
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
p.s. Why did we vote Beers for chairman? I also recall
reading how he was pandering to Paul supporters and
that he wasn't really one!

Because, there were other more important fights that day. If we started right off the bat arguing about who should be chairman, then we wouldn't have passed the delegate rule change, the heavily RP party platform nor elected the 7 of 9 delegates.

Rangeley
06-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Going after the chairman right away is a good way to look disruptive and alienate people. Especially if it fails, which it has in places.

And in fact, keeping in Beers had a lucky twist - by recessing the convention, rather then adjourning it, he made it easier to resume as it would only require a quorum being reached, as opposed to going through the process of resuming after an adjournment.

pauletteNV
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I was told that Bob Beers was somewhat amenable to Ron Paul supporters. He says he was originally for Fred Thompson but isn't/wasn't a McCain supporter, but now for the unity of the party....blah, blah, blah. He is currently running for office and I think he perceives he needs the NV GOP solidly behind him to win out. He also has aspiration for the Governor of this state. Personally, I think he is just following orders, which, come to think of it does not say much for his leadership abilities. Think about it, though. If he would be there on the 28th and call the meeting to order and make sure all parlimentarian rules were followed, he could be a Ron Paul Republican hero. The way things are looking 'round the country for the olde guard Republicans, they will be losing seats and popularity left, right and center.

AJ Antimony
06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Awesome!

Sandra
06-10-2008, 01:46 PM
This is great news!

Hayek's Heroes
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I was told that Bob Beers was somewhat amenable to Ron Paul supporters. He says he was originally for Fred Thompson but isn't/wasn't a McCain supporter, but now for the unity of the party....blah, blah, blah. He is currently running for office and I think he perceives he needs the NV GOP solidly behind him to win out. He also has aspiration for the Governor of this state. Personally, I think he is just following orders, which, come to think of it does not say much for his leadership abilities. Think about it, though. If he would be there on the 28th and call the meeting to order and make sure all parlimentarian rules were followed, he could be a Ron Paul Republican hero. The way things are looking 'round the country for the olde guard Republicans, they will be losing seats and popularity left, right and center.

The item that doesn't make sense about Beers is that he is endorsed by the RLC of which RP used to be the National Chair and is still on the Board of Advisors.