PDA

View Full Version : Rapper Prodigy Says 'Yes' to Dr. No

RonPaulFanInGA
06-09-2008, 01:00 PM
http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2008/06/4838/

Prodigy Calls Obama 'A Phony' And 'A Puppet'

Just days after Presidential hopeful, Barack Obama, secured the nomination for the Democratic Party, hip-hop has rallied behind the black candidate -- including Diddy, Jay-Z and Russell Simmons.

However, not everyone is hip-hop is riding with Obama. One rapper in particular is incarcerated Mobb Deep rapper Prodigy, who as of late has blogged about his weariness of the government and its politics in his recurring column on Vibe.com.

Just this week, Prodigy hit us with answers to several questions sent to him, and he revealed his feelings on Obama.

"I wanna like Obama, but he's all about the world government, world banking, war and stuff like that. You know what I'm sayin'? He's a phony," P told BallerStatus.com. "I wish nothing but love and happiness for him. But he's either gonna be assassinated to create chaos and bring about Martial Law or he'll live and then years down the line, at the end of his term everybody will see that he's just like the rest of these plastic Presidents, who does absolutely nothing good. Just another puppet for the Royal family."

P has a some logic behind his strong opinions regarding the presidential race though. He explains that a true democracy would run a little different... "In true democracy, we should vote for our candidates and vote for our Presidents," he explains. "Just because Obama is black doesn't mean that Blacks should vote for him. It's not about color, it's about who is mentally capable of leading American people, defending our freedoms, [and] our human and constitutional rights. We need to spend money on healing and education, not war and one world government."

Although he didn't say he'd support any particular candidate, he admitting to liking what Texas Congressman Ron Paul -- who has been pretty much out of the running for quite some time -- was trying to do.

"As far as Ron Paul, he was the only candidate addressing these things and that probably why he's out of the election," he said.

rpfan2008
06-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Is that Smack my bitch up Prodigy??

Kludge
06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Hah... I remember a terribly cheesy music video in "Ron Paul - A Man for All Seasons" with a song titled "Say 'Yes' to Dr. No"... Wonder what I did with that...

AzNsOuLjAh27
06-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Nope its the Prodigy from Mobb Deep from Queens, Ny. Here check em out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEA-RIb6G74 - Prodigy - Illuminati

revolutionary8
06-09-2008, 01:43 PM
The band Prodigy, that wrote that song is British.

This thread is about the Rapper Prodigy from Queens.

how funny and ironic. :D

Matt Collins
06-09-2008, 05:16 PM
The band Prodigy, that wrote that song is British.

This thread is about the Rapper Prodigy from Queens.

Oh... then who cares then? :rolleyes:

:p

DealzOnWheelz
06-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Yo prodigy knows the deal

I could see Wu-tang members saying the same thing they are generally pretty educated on how the world elite operate.

Cowlesy
06-09-2008, 05:49 PM

Hah no, and Breathe is a much better song...especially if you are racing cars. :)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-09-2008, 06:10 PM
He gets it.

Here's video of a him talking to a radio show host many months ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UE9jLCUu010

It's funny, because the radio show host keeps trying to get him to talk about Obama. It's like he has no awareness that a black person might possibly not be an Obama fan.

Cinderella
06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
it kills me that the political rappers are rallying behind obama...talib is for obama and mos def is for obama...it makes me sick to my stomach

yongrel
06-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Did I read incorrectly, or did it say he was incarcerated?

SLSteven
06-09-2008, 09:20 PM

Just 3 1/2 years.

revolutionary8
06-09-2008, 09:37 PM

You read correctly. Gun charges. Go figure. Try to protect yourself, rant about the corrupt BS, actually make it out of the ghetto, and you will be targeted.

revolutionary8
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
double post. pardon me

Theocrat
06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
it kills me that the political rappers are rallying behind obama...talib is for obama and mos def is for obama...it makes me sick to my stomach

It's not surprising, though. After all, their music is very Afrocentric.

revolutionary8
06-09-2008, 09:59 PM
:(

tonyr1988
06-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Yo prodigy knows the deal

I could see Wu-tang members saying the same thing they are generally pretty educated on how the world elite operate.

One of the WuTang guys recently started a site, the first hip-hop/chess site. It's called WuChess or something.

He must be somewhat educated to have the motivation to do that.