PDA

View Full Version : Over 100 Thousand

antdengineer
06-09-2008, 04:57 AM
From the latest revolution march email:

"Over 50% of our online pollers estimate 100 thousand people to be at the March on July 12!"

Revolutionaries, we must continue to promote the march as much as possible! This is going to be big.

Conza88
06-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Oh snap! Well a bit of an update; I am coming from Australia to the US around Jan 09 :D
Nothing solid yet, but Canada or US is more than likely.. I can detour anywhere, want to come see all my RP revolutionaries..

Meeting Rp is rather the main goal. :D

justatrey
06-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Does anyone know why http://www.revolutionmarch.com/ still only shows "about 14,000"?

It has been "about 14,000" for months now and is very discouraging. Anyone visiting the site may think its not really worth going to if 14,000 is the best we could come up with.

SnappleLlama
06-09-2008, 07:06 AM
100,000 is a good start...one of the main points of this march is to prove to everyone that we are enough of a force to be reckoned with.

crusader
06-09-2008, 07:13 AM
i'm gonna go out on a limb and be a troll here.

You just quoted a polling result. What the fuck does polling someone's opinion on what will probably happen have to do with what will really happen?

"Over 50% of our online pollers estimate 100 thousand people to be at the March on July 12!"

So... how many online pollers were questioned? 100? so 50 people think 100 thousand people will march? based on what? pure irrationality? Get the fuck off this board, shit like this is what makes RP folks look bad.

We dont need internal propoganda to fight the governments propoganda. Lets just tell it like it is instead of building people up to fall on our faces. It looks like about 15 thousand people will be there, not 100 thousand. Still an amazing feat to have those 15 thousand. Be proud that we have that, and if we get 100 thousand, praise it after the fact.

SnappleLlama
06-09-2008, 07:18 AM
We dont need internal propoganda to fight the governments propoganda. Lets just tell it like it is instead of building people up to fall on our faces. It looks like about 15 thousand people will be there, not 100 thousand. Still an amazing feat to have those 15 thousand. Be proud that we have that, and if we get 100 thousand, praise it after the fact.

Not trying to be argumentative, but how did you arrive at the 15,000 result? The counter on that site has been stuck at 14,000 for months, so really, nobody has any idea how many people are going to show up. One can hope, though... :D

MRoCkEd
06-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Does anyone know why http://www.revolutionmarch.com/ still only shows "about 14,000"?

It has been "about 14,000" for months now and is very discouraging. Anyone visiting the site may think its not really worth going to if 14,000 is the best we could come up with.
It broke when ronpaulmarch.com went down
i also think it should be updated ASAP - at least add all the pledges after the 14,000 manually if you cant get the counter working automatically yet

crusader
06-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Not trying to be argumentative, but how did you arrive at the 15,000 result? The counter on that site has been stuck at 14,000 for months, so really, nobody has any idea how many people are going to show up. One can hope, though... :D

I'm not trying to be argumentative either, but lets go off of facts, its what RP praises, not making crap up out of our butts (thats what real politicians' do).

What we know: the site says 14k+

I.E.

"Its gonna be big, we are gonna have at least 14k+ people"
"I'm pumped about the 14k+ people we are going to get"

NOT:

"oh man, i hope its not only 14k people, i'll be discouraged, it better be 100k, [and if its not 100k, i'm not gonna do crap for the RP movement and i'll go back to playing video games]".

SnappleLlama
06-09-2008, 07:26 AM
I'm not trying to be argumentative either, but lets go off of facts, its what RP praises, not making crap up out of our butts (thats what real politicians' do).

What we know: the site says 14k+

I.E.

"Its gonna be big, we are gonna have at least 14k+ people"
"I'm pumped about the 14k+ people we are going to get"

NOT:

"oh man, i hope its not only 14k people, i'll be discouraged, it better be 100k, [and if its not 100k, i'm not gonna do crap for the RP movement and i'll go back to playing video games]".

LOL...okay, I play video games, I admit it!

I'll be there, regardless of how many clicks on the counter there are. I just wish they'd get it fixed so that we can go into this thing feeling all warm and fuzzy! :)

crusader
06-09-2008, 07:38 AM
i play video games too :P I just hate being let down.

Stating known facts keeps me in line with reality, and keeps me engaged with the movement.

steph3n
06-09-2008, 01:03 PM
I'd expect maybe 3500 people there, I know I can't come, working!

RonPaulFanInGA
06-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Can the counter please hurry up and be either removed or fixed already?

rathskeller
06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
From the latest revolution march email:

Revolutionaries, we must continue to promote the march as much as possible! This is going to be big.

90% of "online pollers" said that Ron Paul was going to sweep the primaries. What is your point?

Sorry, but anyone expecting 100,000 people is out of their mind and will be ridiculously disappointed.

DealzOnWheelz
06-09-2008, 06:22 PM

and under 50% of our online pollers estimate Ron Paul and 12 spammers to be at the March on July 12!

antdengineer
06-09-2008, 08:19 PM
--

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
06-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Are we gonna bullhorn the White House or something?

Pauls' Revere
06-10-2008, 01:52 AM
WAY TO GO!
Dam I wish I could be there.

Is somebody trying to fix the counter on the march website?

WOO HOO!!! Give a shout for me and drink a pitcher I'll donate I can do that much.

:)

nobody's_hero
06-10-2008, 05:37 AM
I wonder how many have heard the story of Kitty Genovese.

Everyone looking at each other waiting to see who will do something . . .

Oyate
06-11-2008, 08:36 PM
and under 50% of our online pollers estimate Ron Paul and 12 spammers to be at the March on July 12!

LOL. That would be my point. We're experts at making ourselves look larger than we are online. I wonder if we're buying our own spam!

But hey, the largest mobilization the movement has ever done was Philly. Estimates ranged between 3-5000. If we hit in that range it proves the mobilized core is still at work.

And what is it with this pledge counter business? There's a lot of difference between clicking a button and actually getting yourself to DC for a day in the roasting sun.

ARealConservative
06-11-2008, 08:49 PM
LOL. That would be my point. We're experts at making ourselves look larger than we are online. I wonder if we're buying our own spam!

But hey, the largest mobilization the movement has ever done was Philly. Estimates ranged between 3-5000. If we hit in that range it proves the mobilized core is still at work.

And what is it with this pledge counter business? There's a lot of difference between clicking a button and actually getting yourself to DC for a day in the roasting sun.

Seemed like the Iowa straw poll had more. We only got 1246 votes but had easily 5X that in attendance with out of stater's.

Oyate
06-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Seemed like the Iowa straw poll had more. We only got 1246 votes but had easily 5X that in attendance with out of stater's.

Huh. Well OK. I guess what I'm trying to say is this fixation on numbers....what's going to happen if we have 10,000 as opposed to 5000? Balloons drop from the sky? And if we get 100,000, what, we all get free ice cream or something?

The mainstream media instantly swoons over us and comes over to our hotel rooms to give us foot massages?

These early mobilizations, these are training exercises. They teach us how to do bigger, better things.

raiha
06-12-2008, 01:30 AM
I like your visionary thinking Oyate. "Early mobilizations" :)

Hey Conza I'm coming from NZ. Are you Australian or an American in Australia? Would be nice to see you there. Are you wearing a name tag? Well if i don't bang into you that will be a good sign meaning there were so many people there it was impossible to meet people you think you know. Be good to chat though!