PDA

View Full Version : New to Politics

EgwaTlvdatsi
06-09-2008, 02:11 AM
Siyo, Hi...

I've never really been too into politics, not because I didn't want to and neither that I didn't care, but because I never really trusted any of the presidential candidates.

I would have voted for Kerry the last time, for his livelyhood seemed to me that he'd have more experience with balancing finances. However, I lost interest for some reason back then that I can no longer remember.

This year, as I finally thought of it, I began to use the internet to find out about the other candidates that are not discussed on the local TV and Cable stations and found out about Ron Paul. And I must admit, although I don't agree with everything, and also the fact that I am certain I haven't heard the full content of what he has proposed, I still believe he is a better choice above all others.

And as a last note, I'd like to express my admiration of the internet. Now it seems that there can be a true democracy where everyone can have a voice and not just those who can afford it and have the backing of 'wealthy' corporations.

Wado, thanks...

pahs1994
06-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the forums!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/ If you haven't seen it already, The issues page on RP's website is a great way to get a general outline on where he stands on most issues.

There are plenty of great videos floating around the net on Ron Paul. And many sub-forums here where you can ask questions and exchange ideas. Perhaps we can change your mind about some of the issues that you disagree with Paul on :D

I agree, without the wonders of internet, a candidate like Ron Paul would never get as much attention as he has. As soon as the Media figured out that people liked this guy and his message of following the constitution, early in the election cycle, they decided to either black him out or only run smear pieces on him.

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-09-2008, 11:17 AM
If you have not read it yet, you should read Ron Paul's new book The Revolution: A Manifesto.

Kludge
06-09-2008, 11:27 AM
This is an excellent primer to libertarianism (http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf) if you have not yet seen it in the form of a flash video.

Welcome to the forums. Hope to see you continue in our movement.

Ozwest
06-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Politics, as a practice, has always been the systematic organization of hatreds.

Welcome.

josephadel_3
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I was new last year. You won't be any happier. Probably, you'll feel depressed and angry more frequently. But, it's still a good thing, you know.

Conza88
06-11-2008, 08:04 PM
I was new last year. You won't be any happier. Probably, you'll feel depressed and angry more frequently. But, it's still a good thing, you know.

Depends on the person, you can think positive thoughts as well as negative.

I'm happy.. I actually feel EMPOWERED.. once you get to the real truth of things; the small things cease to matter, you've got the bigger picture. Things are put into perspective.

yongrel
06-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Welcome.

Kludge
06-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Depends on the person, you can think positive thoughts as well as negative.

I'm happy.. I actually feel EMPOWERED.. once you get to the real truth of things; the small things cease to matter, you've got the bigger picture. Things are put into perspective.

I channel my anger gained from these forums into fierce and fast argumentative prowess! Well... usually my mouth ends up spasming out from my intensity and I can't speak but... I'm angry all right!