PDA

View Full Version : * * * * 30 Foot Pole Guy for Minnesota House of Rep. Money Bomb Has Started! * * * *

jaj1701
06-08-2008, 11:58 PM
GO HERE NOW!!! -----> http://johnson4mn.chipin.com/moneybomb <----- GO HERE NOW!!! ** I NEED YOUR HELP! **

and for those who missed it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zg-x-SGMng

T H A N K Y O U S O M U C H F O R T H E D O N A T I O N S S O F A R!!!!! I really appreciate it.

Hello Everyone,

Ok, so I'm FINALLY starting the money bomb! I apologize for the delay, but my fiance had some medical issues the last few weeks and now is in need of another kidney transplant. Don't worry, I'm not asking for that kind of donation!

I didn't set a goal for the money bomb. I don't feel any of you owe me a thing, so to set a goal that I thought everyone should hit....well, I didn't think that was right. While I hope it's an overwhelming success, it's totally ok if it's not.

My Campaign Status:

I was unanimously endorsed!

The head of the Minnesota Republican Party took me aside at the convention to let me know I will have the full support of the party. They need me in St. Paul.

I have the full support of the county party.

My Democratic opponent has at least a $10,000 head start on me based on her end of 2007 balance.

My website is getting a major face lift in the next week including new Biography and Issues pages.

The polling done has said that my platform is very popular and certainly has majority support in Minnesota, and Rochester should be no different.

I've been able to keep the campaign in the black, if just barely at times, but we have some items that we are going to need some additional funds for in the near future.

The ability to raise now will lock in that additional support from the party and other organizations that support Republican House Candidates in focused races.

My race, I've been told, is at least in the top 15% in the state in terms of focus.

So, I guess what I'm saying is an injection of funds would be tremendous for my campaign and would almost certainly guarantee significant support later in the campaign.

I am confident that I can win this race, but I should really use an injection of cash to get some attention and to fund some initial campaign activities. I would give details, but I don't want to tip my hand.

In closing, you seriously don't owe me a thing. But if you can see to it to help out, it would be sincerely appreciated. Be it $30 (a buck a foot), $50, or whatever you can spare, it all counts!!!! Not that I expect it to be a problem, but the LIMIT IS $500 per person!!! :)

Sincerely, THANK YOU!

Jason

***If anyone has influance on other Ron Paul websites, having the chip-in widget in other places would be great! ***

Note:
You don't need to have a PayPal account to participate in the chip in, see the link on the lower left on the PayPal page page. Please include your employer and occupation for donations over $200 (will there be any of those?? :) ).

Kotin
06-09-2008, 12:06 AM
bump!!!

good luck!!

Danke
06-09-2008, 12:15 AM
I was unanimously endorsed!

The head of the Minnesota Republican Party took me aside at the convention to let me know I will have the full support of the party. They need me in St. Paul.

I have the full support of the county party.

Of whom you speak? Ron Carey?

jaj1701
06-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Yes, Ron Carey.

He took the time in the hall outside the Minnesota Republican Convention to assure me that I have the complete support of the party. That our difference in presidental perferences isn't important, and that he needs me in St. Paul. I've been very open and honest with the party, and I do truely believe I will have their complete support. It says something that he even knows who I am. But I have been very active, open, and accessable to everyone within the party.

Jason

Danke
06-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Yes, Ron Carey.

He took the time in the hall outside the Minnesota Republican Convention to assure me that I have the complete support of the party. That our difference in presidental perferences isn't important, and that he needs me in St. Paul. I've been very open and honest with the party, and I do truely believe I will have their complete support. It says something that he even knows who I am. But I have been very active, open, and accessable to everyone within the party.

Jason

O.K. Jason who?

jaj1701
06-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Sorry.....

Jason Johnson, endorsed candidate, District 29B, Rochester, MN

http://www.johnson4mn.com

muh_roads
06-09-2008, 12:46 AM
I think this proves that Ron Carey could've been a closet Ron Paul supporter. Who doesn't ACTUALLY want fiscal conservatism and somebody promoting to get rid of the IRS?

Concerning the federal endorsement of McCain, he's just doing what he's told by the national GOP. He probably gets brownie points for that because our very own ass hat Pawlenty has a shot for VP and too many RP national delegates might've stood in Carey's way of those merit points. "Why didn't you do more to stop those Ron Paul delegates Carey? That's it, no blow jobs for you".

But on the local level, it makes sense for him to embrace some real hardcore fiscal conservatism. The national GOP doesn't care about our Minnesota House. Although they will have wished they thought that through better if you, Jason, fight tooth and nail to try and prevent that Texas Corridor from one day connecting to the portion of I-35 that touches our soil.

ChrisInMN
06-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Sorry.....

Jason Johnson, endorsed candidate, District 29B, Rochester, MN

http://www.johnson4mn.com

Hey everyone, I can vouch for Jason. He's good people and we should try to support as much as possible! He was also our meetup group leader here in Rochester and did a great job. He's in a few of the youtubes I did of our street actions here in Rochester.

Help support him - He's a true Ron Paul Republican!

Good luck, Jason.

ChrisInMN

SnappleLlama
06-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I chipped in some $$ for ya...good luck! We need more Ron Paul Republicans out there!

jaj1701
06-09-2008, 10:01 AM
FYI, Cynthina went though my campaign website instead of chipin page...
http://johnson4mn.chipin.com. So it won't show in the counter, but the donation was definately made!

Thank you very much for your support!!

Jason

SnappleLlama
06-09-2008, 10:02 AM
FYI, Cynthina went though my campaign website instead of chipin page...
http://johnson4mn.chipin.com. So it won't show in the counter, but the donation was definately made!

Thank you very much for your support!!

Jason

Ha, ha...ooops! Sorry about that! I'm glad you got the funds, anyway! :)

jaj1701
06-09-2008, 01:38 PM
For those of you from Minnesota....two things.......

#1 I will be travelling to Makato for a Ron Paul meetup group meeting. Your welcome to join us.

#2 Each person in Minnesota can donate $50 to any MINNESOTA candidate (no US candidate like US Senate, etc) and get it back via a rebate check in 4-6 weeks. If you donate and are from Minnesota, you will get a reciept and a rebate form to collect your rebate.

Again, the limit is $50/person ($100/couple) and the rebate can only submitted once. So if you donated $20, sent in the rebate, then donated another $30, you could not collect on the $30. If you didn't send in the rebate before you donated a 2nd time, then you could submit for the full $50.

Thanks again,

Jason

Danke
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM
For those of you from Minnesota....two things.......

#1 I will be travelling to Makato for a Ron Paul meetup group meeting. Your welcome to join us.

#2 Each person in Minnesota can donate $50 to any MINNESOTA candidate (no US candidate like US Senate, etc) and get it back via a rebate check in 4-6 weeks. If you donate and are from Minnesota, you will get a reciept and a rebate form to collect your rebate.

Again, the limit is $50/person ($100/couple) and the rebate can only submitted once. So if you donated $20, sent in the rebate, then donated another $30, you could not collect on the $30. If you didn't send in the rebate before you donated a 2nd time, then you could submit for the full $50.

Thanks again,

Jason

Mankato?

I have been previously solicited with this "get your money back" (at other's expense).

Problem is, it is against my principles. But I can understand the argument that the opposition uses it, so should we. However, I think it makes us look bad calling for smaller government intrusion in our lives and then dipping into taxpayers money to support our political candidate.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Jason,

Haven't heard from anyone down there about coordinating an effort. If you guys do decide you want to set something up, let me know. They're going to go where they can get people, essentially. The GOP also wants to set up phone banks in various 1st District areas, for what that's worth. I'm not terribly motivated at the moment to help the party.

Michael Landon
06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Good luck, Jason.

We also have another Ron Paul Republican running for the House up in House District 7A, Ryan Stauber.
www.VoteStauber.com

Perhaps we can make the great state of Minnesota a truly Ron Paul State!!

- ML

ultimaonliner
06-09-2008, 09:47 PM
I still crack up when I think about the T.V. cameras panning all of the Hilary supporters at the New Hampshire debate to find your Ron Paul sign following the camera as it tried to avoid you.

Nice going with the 30 foot pole!!

Good luck on your election!!

Don't be shy, post about it a bit more!

jaj1701
06-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Mankato?

Yes...Mankato....1 1/2 hrs west of Rochester.

I have been previously solicited with this "get your money back" (at other's expense).

Problem is, it is against my principles. But I can understand the argument that the opposition uses it, so should we. However, I think it makes us look bad calling for smaller government intrusion in our lives and then dipping into taxpayers money to support our political candidate.

I stuggled with that too. But it came down to the argument that the vast majority of people that will be getting money back for contributing are getting their own tax money back. My entire campaign staff is Ron Paul supporters and they thought it was the right thing to do....those we all had a little bit of hesitation. As much as Minnesota overtaxes and overspends, at least my donors have a say of where $50 of it is spent.

I know, not a perfect argument....but it certainly isn't a perfect system either.

Ron Paul Vermont
06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Wait I dont get it. You were the guy holding the poll?

Good luck! You have a good chance in Minnesota looking at the primary results!

rodo1776
06-11-2008, 08:38 PM
This email confirms that you have donated $50.00 USD to Jason Johnson for House Committee (donate@Johnson4MN.com) using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *JASONJOHNSO".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donation Details

Confirmation number: 6SC21860LB7141
Donation amount: $50.00 USD
Total: $50.00 USD
Purpose: Jason Johnson for House Committee

Use it wisely!!! I'm sure you will.

For those interested this district is definitely winnable. Just look at the 2006 and 2004 results general election at the Minnesota secretary of state website and you can see.

Another good RP candidate for state house is Bill Jungbaur. Bill will probably not be around much on the forums but if you go to his blog:

http://jungbauer2010.blogspot.com/

you can see he knows his opponent and has been running for two years and is also an endorsed candidate.

Here is his campaign website:

http://billjungbauer.com/

After helping out Jason please consider helping Bill as well. Sure would be nice to get 2 or more state reps in Minnesota. Especially after we have seen how hard it is to elect senators and congresspeople.

Think local folks that is the way to take over.

Imperial
06-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I wish you the best of luck! I have a lot of family up north in Rochester, sadly almost all liberals.

Still, maybe I can slide in a word when I go up there next...

jaj1701
06-13-2008, 11:03 PM
I wish you the best of luck! I have a lot of family up north in Rochester, sadly almost all liberals.

Still, maybe I can slide in a word when I go up there next...

You HAVE to convert them! :) Last years vote differential was 99 votes. Every vote is so critical. I'd be happy to meet them in person if that would help.

Oh, and to the newest donors (not sure if you want your names to be mentioned by name or not)....THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! It is appreciated.

I will email you personally, but wanted to say thank you publicly as well.

BTW, the total is low because some people went right to my campaign sight.

Thanks again for the support.

Sincerely,

Jason

Imperial
06-17-2008, 08:25 PM
I will see what I can do. Definitely I will see where they stand, and I will refer them to your website.