PDA

View Full Version : Unite the third parties

jdpadgett
06-08-2008, 09:51 PM
We have the power right here, right now, to call upon all of the third parties who claim to stand for liberty and our constitution to unite. Tyranny is upon us.
Read more at http://unitetheparties.blogspot.com/

Captain America
06-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I wish they would form some type of unification

pinkmandy
06-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm all for it. 3 or more small parties can never do anything alone with the Republicrats at the helm. They are just a sideshow, a place for people to cast protest votes. That's it.

yongrel
06-08-2008, 10:04 PM
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060222/chd5.jpg

SeanEdwards
06-08-2008, 10:07 PM
How do you unite the greens who are running Cynthia McKinney as their candidate with the sane third party folks?

I like the idea, I just think there could be some practical difficulties

Kludge
06-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Third parties didn't start with one third party because... they are political parties with wildly different ideologies.

People say the Democrats and Republicans are different - compare the Green party to the Libertarian party.

amy31416
06-08-2008, 10:13 PM
How do you unite the greens who are running Cynthia McKinney as their candidate with the sane third party folks?

I like the idea, I just think there could be some practical difficulties

Is the Green Party at all interested in individual liberties and the Constitution? If not, I don't think they'd mesh too well. I honestly don't know much about the party--I always assumed it was an environmental party.

Other than that, the biggest problem is probably with the LP--they come off as rather intolerant (ironically) of anyone who disagrees with them on even a single issue.

pinkmandy
06-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Sans Green Party. If we could just get the CP and LP to come together, just for this one election?

I know it isn't possible. It's as likely as RP running. We're just f'ed and that's all there is to it.

Kludge
06-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Sans Green Party. If we could just get the CP and LP to come together, just for this one election?

I know it isn't possible. It's as likely as RP running. We're just f'ed and that's all there is to it.

If we could combine the .12% of the CP, and the .32% of the LP (from 2004 GE votes).... We'd have .44%!!! That'd show those Authoritarian fools where America stands!

pinkmandy
06-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Lol, thanks for the smile, Kludge. I'm back to reality now. ;) I'm just so desperate to not have what we're going to have. Totally grasping at straws, I know.

SeanEdwards
06-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Is the Green Party at all interested in individual liberties and the Constitution?

Individual liberty of spotted owls maybe.

amy31416
06-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Individual liberty of spotted owls maybe.

Heh, that's what I thought.

Peace&Freedom
06-09-2008, 07:07 AM
If we fielded another candidate in the Ron Paul mold (Christian Libertarian committed to the Constitution and American sovereignty) we would again unify the CP and LP, as they were unified a few months ago under Paul. If the Paulite candidate also happened to be aggressive on corporate welfare, and was supportive of market-only approaches to addressing carbon emissions (like supporting growing new farms to induce CO2 sequestrarian) he could attract the Greens without losing conservatives and libertarians. The candidate would have to avoid campaigning about cultural issues and the global warming debate to make the unity platform work and hold together.

bucfish
06-09-2008, 07:41 AM
It could be done. Just hope it is done soon. How big would that be. Especially with 48% of the people not happy with either candidate. Remember once Greens here about defending the Enviroment trough defense of Property Rights they can be very receptive.