Actions have Consequences.

:)

wecandoit
05-26-2007, 07:02 PM
The simplest way to explain it IMO:

Actions have Consequences.

:)

Probably so.

But the neocons spin "actions" into "peaceful nation building help" and consequences into"unjustifiable evil"

I like the "dumping trash" idea, because I do think it's pretty descriptive, and most people have had to deal with something similar on a personal level at least once in their life.

But I see Mindbender's point of how it could be twisted.

"Are you equateing our heros in uniform actions to that of dumping trash?"

so maybe not, but I do think it's a good description.

Bryan
05-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Paul's ideas are hard to package into soundbites. The sheeple are so conditioned
by pre packaged nuggets of entertainment style politics, that someone using a logical, detailed explaination of something goes right over their head or bores them out of paying attention.

On the "blowback" issue of our flawed foreign policy, I'd like to see Ron explain it in this way, or something similar.

"If you dump trash in someone's yard, you shouldn't be shocked to wake up the next morning and find trash in your yard".

Less than 10 second explination, packaged in a way that hits home with most people.

So there, my first post is out of the way.
If your going the entertainment style politics, consider the following quote:

"Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."
-Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven

Blowback?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/quotes

Welcome to the forum!

wecandoit
05-26-2007, 07:22 PM
If your going the entertainment style politics, consider the following quote:

"Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."
-Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven

Blowback?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/quotes

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome.

yea, that's some pretty serious "blowback"

wecandoit
05-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Paul's ideas are hard to package into soundbites. The sheeple are so conditioned
by pre packaged nuggets of entertainment style politics, that someone using a logical, detailed explaination of something goes right over their head or bores them out of paying attention.

On the "blowback" issue of our flawed foreign policy, I'd like to see Ron explain it in this way, or something similar.

"If you dump trash in someone's yard, you shouldn't be shocked to wake up the next morning and find trash in your yard".

Less than 10 second explination, packaged in a way that hits home with most people.

retrorepublican
05-26-2007, 07:32 PM
good idea... something along the lines of "Imagine how many Christians would hate us if we had army bases in the Vatican." (the Muslims consider Saudi Arabia their Holy Land)

Mindbinder
05-26-2007, 07:43 PM

I agree that soundbytes, slogans, and style has become ever more important in this day and age. However, you have to be careful with the words you use. If Ron Paul compares what we do in other countries with dumping trash, or equates our actions with those whom a great many people feel are our enemy, then the media and neocons will rip him to shreds. You can't leave room for words to be twisted around and used against you, or else they will be.

angelatc
05-26-2007, 08:43 PM

Welcome aboard!!!!

I agree that he needs some stupid sound bites, especially if he's going to end up against Ferd T hompsen.

Korey Kaczynski
05-26-2007, 09:00 PM
You know democracy is a failure when you know that someone needs soundbites to persuade the voters.

Mindbinder
05-26-2007, 10:41 PM
You know democracy is a failure when you know that someone needs soundbites to persuade the voters.

I couldn't agree more. It's just unfortunate that if we wish to change the way the game is played, we must first win under the current rules.

PennCustom4RP
05-27-2007, 12:39 AM
good idea... something along the lines of "Imagine how many Christians would hate us if we had army bases in the Vatican." (the Muslims consider Saudi Arabia their Holy Land)

I see what youre trying to say, but not all Christians, just the Catholics would be upset by this, and the Vatican is in Italy, not the US, so it could be an out of sight, out of mind thing.

I think RP was more to this point by saying 'what if the Chinese had battleships in the Gulf of Mexico, or walked in and build an Embassy here'

You can look at blowback as .."what goes around, comes around...x3

What happened to the Golden Rule? 'do unto others, as you would have others do unto you'
the US has forgotten this...

~Mik

Estanislao
07-07-2007, 09:27 AM
recently RP used a new analogy that really resounded with me.

He was talking about us putting up missle defense in Europe and said,

"How would we like it, if Russia put up a missle defense system in Mexico."

This is a much more powerful visual than he had been using.

Then follow that up with something else he said.

[what if another country was threating us with nuclear attack?]
[what if another country was openly trying to overthrow our President?]
how would we feel?

This is what we're doing now, and have been doing around the world for decades, and it has consquences and it's called "blow back". This is our current foreign policy, it endangers our national security and Ron Paul is the only candidate who has spoken out against it.