PDA

View Full Version : Texas convention - this week

w00ter
06-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey, all you Texas delegates/alternates to the state convention:

Platform Committee subcommittee meetings should start tomorrow afternoon (6/9/8)

The whole platform committee should be meeting by Thursday if that is when you are arriving ... come by and testify if there is an issue that you want to address -- you might want to check the 2006 platform to see what has been stated before-

http://www.texasgop.org/site/DocServer/2006_Plat_with_TOC_2.pdf?docID=2022

We especially need people to speak for Initiative and Referendum because the 2006 platform is against I&R.

Don't know what I&R is? check here

http://www.initiativefortexas.org/

I&R was supported in the party platform back in the early 90s and the 80s and the neocons yanked it in the mid-90s (when GWB arrived to run as governor)

See you all at the Ron Paul events on Thursday and Friday nights!

w00ter

wgadget
06-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Don't let them start the convention without you!

(As they did in so many other states, having Rules Committee meetings without a quorum.)

Imperial
06-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Here is what I would suggest everyone needs for the convention:

1) Bring several video cameras and/or recorders. We need evidence of the corruption. Afterwards, it can be sent to local news.

2) Learn certain parliamentary definitions and their context to be ready to answer arguments the chair will make:

Dilatory
Point of Order
Division of the Assembly
Appeal the Decision of the Chair

3) Expressly ensure you know the extent of the powers of the chairman. A chairman is not supposed to set policy, only to ensure order is kept so that debate and policy may proceed effectively.

Good luck. I wish I could be there.

itshappening
06-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Good Luck Please Be Careful Tx Has A Lot Of Neocons!

Join The Paul Side
06-08-2008, 05:34 PM
It's this week, huh? Good. Here are your marching orders:

I'm no expert, but if it were me I would:

1. Show up early with a copy of Robert's Rules in hand, find Ron Paul Republicans, and band togeather.

2. Find allies: Huck or Romney Conservatives that hate McLiberal as much as we do.

3. Get an estimate of the crowd. Find out if you outnumber the McSheeple between our people and any allies found.

If you do:

Take the fucking convention over! Vote out the chair immediately with no hesitation since he is 99.99% likely to be actively looking to screw Ron Paul Delegates.

If you don't:

Challenge everything they do! Call for votes on anything they present to you, such as preprinted McWar ballots.

Wait for them to break the rules. Seriously........it will happen.

The moment they start breaking rules .......for the love of God......please.....DO NOT HESTITATE TO ROUND UP THE TROOPS AND RUMP!!!!

Ask questions later, Just F*%king Do It!

Oh, by the way, did I mention to find allies? :rolleyes:

I can't stress enough the importance of doing this. You may find that Ron Paul Republicans are the minority. But with Huck or Romney allies you may be able to have the majority and possibly establish a quorum.

I will pray that you check this thread before you head out to the Convention. Heck, print this page and take it with you if ya have to. :cool:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=141730

Do with them what you will. :cool:

:D

Join The Paul Side
06-09-2008, 03:12 PM
bump

Brown Sapper
06-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Yeah!!! don't forget the Ice Cream Social and Rally on Thursday Night Ron and Carol Paul will be there.

RPTXState
06-09-2008, 03:46 PM
If I can find a wi-fi I'll try to post semi-live updates. I'm not a delegate, but a vendor on behalf of the RLC.

weslinder
06-09-2008, 03:52 PM
If I can find a wi-fi I'll try to post semi-live updates. I'm not a delegate, but a vendor on behalf of the RLC.

I was told that Wi-Fi will be available from the George R. Brown for $12/day.

Join The Paul Side
06-10-2008, 02:05 AM
bump

bucfish
06-10-2008, 02:22 AM
May God Bless Texas and give Ron Paul a full slate of Delegates!

RPTXState
06-10-2008, 02:34 AM
May God Bless Texas and give Ron Paul a full slate of Delegates!

T'aint likely. I know we'll get one for sure, but I can't guarantee any more :(

Brown Sapper
06-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Aren't the Texas RLC having there bi-annual meeting one of the nights of the convention. I really want to get to see what they're all about before I join them.

weslinder
06-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Aren't the Texas RLC having there bi-annual meeting one of the nights of the convention. I really want to get to see what they're all about before I join them.

1600 Lamar, Houston, TX 77010 US
When: Friday, June 13, 8:00PM
Phone: 512-573-3163(John)/512-296-5069(Nate)

The Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC) of Texas is holding its biennial convention on Friday, June 13th at the Hilton, Room 338, Houston, TX; (to be held in conjunction with the Republican Party of Texas Convention). We will host elections for RLC of Texas officers and vote on RLC of Texas bylaws changes. http://www.constitutionalcandidates.com/Bylaw%20Revisions%205.14.08.pdf

Only Regular Members will be allowed into the RLC-TX Convention. Republican credentials (voted R, or willing to declare oneself Republican) and having paid dues ($30) are the only requirements for joining. One can pay at the door, but I would encourage you to take care of this online beforehand if possible. Here is the secure dues site: http://rlctexas.org/membership/membership_online_secure_level.htm

In addition, please stop by our RLC of Texas booth, at the Republican Party of Texas Convention, to say, "Hi!" And if you can dedicate a little time at the booth, to help recruit like-minded Republicans, we would appreciate it and we promise that it will also be fun for you too!

Founded in 1990, the Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas works to advance the principles of limited government, individual liberty and free markets within the Republican Party and throughout Texas. Our candidates focus on a broad range of issues, including education, taxation, property rights, gun rights, free speech, federalism and the proper role of government.

Brown Sapper
06-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the info Weslinder.