PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in South Carolina??? Please help!

Justin4RonPaul
06-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I have a lot of family in South Carolina, mostly in Columbia (Richland County). Can someone help me figure out who the best candidates are in this area? Any Ron Paul supporters running for office? I'm going to ask everyone to vote for Buddy Witherspoon for US Senate in the primary (to hopefully beat Lindsey Graham, McCain-lover) and then vote for Mark McBride in the general election. I need more info about other candidates...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't come on here much so please email me if you can justinstout1983@yahoo.com

ressurectingadream
06-07-2008, 10:49 PM
We have 2 people running that will fully support Ron Paul

Bob Conley is running for Senate (taking Lindsey Grahams seat)

Ted Christian is Running for 4th Congressional district, (Bob Inglis seat.)

Both are running as Democrats & both a long time Ron Paul supporters.

Witherspoon is not a Ron Paul supporter & will not be supporting several of his bills. One thing is he intends to stay in this war and finish the job. Sound familiar??

The Southern Avenger is a well known political conservative activist in Charleston read his article
http://southernavenger.ccpblogs.com/2008/05/30/why-i-am-not-supporting-buddy-witherspoon/

We can finally do something for Dr Paul. This is the next best thing to having Dr Paul as President is to give him a strong Congress & Senate to work with. Bob & Ted are just that.

People that are pushing Buddy have there own agenda, and it's GOP only!!!

Teresa

RSLudlum
06-07-2008, 11:37 PM
I originally thought Witherspoon was the right candidate until I found out about his stance on Iraq, then I started looking more toward McBride and really liked his positions on things....Now I got another candidate, Bob Conley, to consider?? Damn I got alot of homework to do..

What's Conley's chances of getting the Dem nomination? I was planning on voting for Witherspoon in the Repub primaries, just to try and push Graham out of the picture, then in the general I would be voting for McBride, which would be running as Independent since the GOP didn't want to support him based on his stance on Iraq and Foreign Policy.

Oh, BTW, here's the text of SA's article mentioned in OP

Why I am not supporting Buddy Witherspoon
source (http://southernavenger.ccpblogs.com/2008/05/30/why-i-am-not-supporting-buddy-witherspoon/)

The good folks at the Conservative Heritage Times are reporting good news out of Greenville, where apparently Buddy Witherspoon has defeated Lindsey Graham soundly in a Republican straw poll. For those who share my view - that Graham deserves to lose this election - this is encouraging.

However some have expressed disappointment in my refusal to endorse Witherspoon. Writes Weaver:

“The Southern Avenger is standing opposed to Graham, but judging by this post he won’t be backing Witherspoon due to Witherspoon’s stance on Iraq, which is a shame. Witherspoon is right on every other issue and is no war monger. Does the war in Iraq issue then truly outweigh the combination of every other issue?”

Here is my response:

I am not voting for or endorsing Buddy Witherspoon for the U.S. Senate - who is stellar on illegal immigration - for the same reason I am not voting for Barack Obama - who at least appears stellar, in comparison to his opponents, on foreign policy.

Many conservatives (like Kyle Rogers) have made a good case for supporting Witherspoon. Many conservatives (like Andrew Bacevich and Justin Raimondo) have made a good case for supporting Obama. I find much to agree with from both perspectives.

But as I have said for at least a year now - I have two litmus tests for ANY candidate - they must be right on foreign policy and illegal immigration. In terms of America’s safety, economy, demography, health, identity and future - no other two issues even come close.

We can raise or lower taxes, ban or allow abortion, let gays marry or not, yap about global warming and even have disagreements over more serious issues like NAFTA and CAFTA - but all of this pales in comparison to the irreparable damage being done by our interventionist foreign policy and our complete lack of borders.

Being wrong on either issue means being complicit in causing problems that may very well haunt the United States for decades, and then some.

I have interviewed Witherspoon, consider him leaps and bounds better than Lindsey Graham, and was prepared to write a full commentary endorsing him to be aired both on WTMA the day of the primary election and to run as a column in the Charleston City Paper the week before June 10. I was even looking forward to it. No one finds Lindsey Graham more disgusting than I do. Here’s a reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB2av9lS96U

Then I read this on Witherspoon’s website:

“We have achieved some success in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and I am not willing to set a deadline for withdrawal and I will not cut and run.”

Who wrote this? Bill Kristol? Sean Hannity? John McCain?

As someone who well understands the professional hazards of being antiwar and working in the heavily military state of South Carolina, I can understand any Republican’s reluctance to take a full blown Pat Buchanan/Ron Paul hard-line stance on foreign policy, and even if Witherspoon had remained more muted or silent on the subject, I might have considered endorsing him.

But to blatantly use the language of the neocons, in support of what almost everyone on the paleoconservative, traditionalist, and libertarian Right agrees is a complete disaster is not only illogical - but extremely counterproductive.

The genuine conservative’s response to “cut and run!” might be “stay and wither?” but while I don’t expect everyone on the Right to be Ron Paul - I do expect them to not help make the neoconservatives’ argument for them.

I hope Witherspoon does well on June 10, primarily because Graham doesn’t deserve to win. I have even been sarcastically encouraging “illegal aliens to sign up and vote for their boy Lindsey on June 10″ on the radio, to drive home exactly how I feel about Graham.

But I cannot, in good conscience, sign off on any candidate who still doesn’t seem to ‘get it’ on one of the two most crucial issues in the contemporary United States

link to Jack Hunter, aka Southern Avenger, YouTube commentary ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/southernavenger

ressurectingadream
06-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Just to let you know I just found out recently that Bob Conley is a good friend of Aaron Russo's press secretary. Not a rumor heard, I from Ilona myself. She's behind him & I know she's done her home work...

And Ted is a personal friend of mine if you know anyone in Greenville, Spartanburg & Union counties. Ted lived in RP's district when he worked for NASA in the 80's.

Again both are on the Democratic ticket