PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in South Carolina? Please help!

Justin4RonPaul
06-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I have a lot of family in South Carolina, mostly in Columbia (Richland County). Can someone help me figure out who the best candidates are in this area? Any Ron Paul supporters running for office? I'm going to ask everyone to vote for Buddy Witherspoon for US Senate in the primary (to hopefully beat Lindsey Graham, McCain-lover) and then vote for Mark McBride in the general election. I need more info about other candidates...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JiMMy_247
06-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Buddy Witherspoon is THE LAST person anyone behind Ron Paul should vote for. How he managed to pull the wool over so many eyes is beyond me. Just visit his own website:

"We have achieved some success in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and I am not willing to set a deadline for withdrawal and I will not cut and run. We need to get all of the oil wells in Iraq pumping at full capacity and defend those wells from terrorist attacks. By doing this, Iraq will be able to rebuild its own economy and start paying us back for our losses. The war against terrorism will always be an ongoing battle that must be fought on all fronts."

-Buddy Witherspoon

Come on guys. That's just the tip of the iceberg with that guy. We have other candidates here in SC that are viable and reliable. One is Bob Conley. I suggest people start doing a bit more research instead of taking everybody's word for it. Start looking at these candidates themselves, at least before you go promoting them.

RSLudlum
06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Buddy Witherspoon is THE LAST person anyone behind Ron Paul should vote for. How he managed to pull the wool over so many eyes is beyond me. Just visit his own website:

"We have achieved some success in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and I am not willing to set a deadline for withdrawal and I will not cut and run. We need to get all of the oil wells in Iraq pumping at full capacity and defend those wells from terrorist attacks. By doing this, Iraq will be able to rebuild its own economy and start paying us back for our losses. The war against terrorism will always be an ongoing battle that must be fought on all fronts."

-Buddy Witherspoon

Come on guys. That's just the tip of the iceberg with that guy. We have other candidates here in SC that are viable and reliable. One is Bob Conley. I suggest people start doing a bit more research instead of taking everybody's word for it. Start looking at these candidates themselves, at least before you go promoting them.

Does Conley have a website? I was also planning on voting for Witherspoon tomorrow in the primary to boot Graham out and then vote for McBride in the general.

JiMMy_247
06-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Here is Conely's Website. I find this quote on his website a bit more reassuring than that warmonger nutcase Witherspoon's:

"Help me fight the neo-cons and advance the cause of liberty"

http://www.aimhighwithbob.com/

Why he hasn't gotten the support from the Paulites around here is beyond me. If you like what you read, then please help spread it before these votes are wasted.

Razmear
06-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Conely is a democrat, so I'll still be voting against Ghramm tomorrow by voting for Witherspoon. I doubt I'll support Witherspoon in the general, but I want Lindsey out asap.

I'm in Anderson county, so senate is the only race we have in common, but for anyone else in the upstate, my votes for tomorrow will go to:

US Senate Witherspoon
Solicitor Adams
Sheriff Skipper
Congressional District 03 NOTA
SC Senate District 04 Ortiz (opposes cig tax)
Anderson County Council: 03 Moore

eb

kirkblitz
06-10-2008, 08:12 AM
ill vote for witherspoon because i hate graham then i will vote for mark mcbride for senator in november. He was the former mayor and he has a personal interest in stopping the illegal aliens because they almost killed one of his family members :(

BlufftonTiger
06-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Conely is a democrat, so I'll still be voting against Ghramm tomorrow by voting for Witherspoon. I doubt I'll support Witherspoon in the general, but I want Lindsey out asap.

I'm in Anderson county, so senate is the only race we have in common, but for anyone else in the upstate, my votes for tomorrow will go to:

US Senate Witherspoon
Solicitor Adams
Sheriff Skipper
Congressional District 03 NOTA
SC Senate District 04 Ortiz (opposes cig tax)
Anderson County Council: 03 Moore

eb

I voted this AM in the Republican primary. I voted against Grahamnesty! That fruitcake/McCain lap dog needs to be sent home. Just like you, I don't expect Witherspoon to do well in November, but I do hope he makes it to November. A lot of people do not like Graham, but there are just as many die hard supporters of Graham.

My wife joined our Chamber of Commerce's annual fly-in to DC a couple years ago. They had scheduled time to meet with several of our state's leaders in DC. Most of them went out of their way to answer questions and get to know the group's concerns and issues. My wife said no one was impressed with Lindsey. He showed up late, talked down to them and wouldn't answer questions directly. They said he was very arrogant.

To top it off, all of his pages were young attractive men; no women like most senators. Everyone came back thinking he might be a closet ****. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

BlufftonTiger
06-10-2008, 09:07 AM
http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/search/label/Lindsey%20Graham

BlufftonTiger
06-10-2008, 10:31 AM

-Buddy Witherspoon

I wouldn't touch Bob Conley with a ten foot pole.

In November, my vote will be with Mark McBride. Here's his website:

http://www.markmcbride.us/

He's an independent.

ressurectingadream
06-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Now why not back Conley ... or maybe I'm on the wrong website. Nope, I checked this is Ron Paul forums. Actually I would really like to know why. I've been in the revolution for some time now and have become aware of certain people nation wide that have infiltrated and are doing much harm to the movement. They are endorsing people that have nothing to do with the Revolution and of coursr they have thier own agenda. Don't believe what anyone says, even me. Read the Candidates websites yourself. Most GOP that are opposing Graham are tough on immagration. But the key that you need to look for on the websites is their view on the war, if they want to stay in it , you know they have nothing to do the revolution. There are people that are pushing candidates like WItherspoon that have they're own personal agenda, there only concern is to oil the GOP wheels. Start reading and thinking, it's to important!!!!!!

kirkblitz
06-10-2008, 01:37 PM
like i said i hate graham so i hope we can force him out in this primary but mark mcbride will have my vote in november.

kirkblitz
06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
wtf? bob wasnt on my ballet.

JiMMy_247
06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't touch Bob Conley with a ten foot pole.

Any chance you could present a reason for that?

And just as an overall response to some of this thread; didn't we already establish long ago that so called "strategic voting" was the wrong way to go, especially when its a bad one? Seems to me if we have a valid candidate that backs Ron Paul and stands for most if not all of the same things: we should just vote for him. Crazy thought, I know.

P.S. I just got back from voting; so far with 15 minutes left: 26 democrats and 112 republicans voted in my district.

kirkblitz
06-10-2008, 04:56 PM
it was about even for my district which is a first i have ever seen!!!!!! But why wasnt bob on my ballot?????

RSLudlum
06-10-2008, 05:00 PM
P.S. I just got back from voting; so far with 15 minutes left: 26 democrats and 112 republicans voted in my district.

Just got back from my polling place around 6:30 and there had been only 15 Repub vs. 75 Dem votes.

BlufftonTiger
06-11-2008, 07:48 AM
it was about even for my district which is a first i have ever seen!!!!!! But why wasnt bob on my ballot?????

If you voted in the Republican primary, Bob wouldn't be on it. Bob is a Democrat.

It's too bad Graham won the primary and it looks like it was by a landslide. It's going to get nasty in the Fall. I'm worried about the general election. Most South Carolina voters, especially older Republican voters, will vote straight ticket and right in line with McCain. It looks like Graham will be back in office and doing lap dances for McCain.

kirkblitz
06-11-2008, 10:21 AM
yep graham is a douche and i embarresed to have him represent my state, cant the govenor recall his ass? :(

On the bob thing i didnt realize he was a democrat until i had posted that lol, i feel stupid :O