PDA

View Full Version : Against the odds Ron Paul Republicans have victory in Indiana.

airborne373
06-07-2008, 04:17 PM
During the Indiana Republican Party State Convention held at the Indiana Convention Center located in Indianapolis on June 2nd, party bosses subvert the rules by employing the political tactics of Stalin and Mao. These big government, Neo - Conservatives fearful of traditional conservative Republicans elected during county primaries will violate national committee rules, abandons Robert’s Rules of Order and rely on the strong-arm of the law to prevent any video recording of their nefarious deeds.

Creating the Conservative Republican Statesman Caucus 400 delegates elected by Republican primary voters are prevented from fully participating in the national delegate selection process by party insiders determined to maintain top down control. The subversion of the democratic process would begin three days prior to the convention when party insiders would alter the rules of the Indiana Republican State Convention in direct violation of rule 15(e) (1) of the Republican National Committee, every state party is required to adopt their procedure for selecting delegates to the Republican National Convention by the 2nd Tuesday of last September of the year before the year in which the national convention is to be held.

Read full article here:
http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Republicans_from_Indiana_battle_dark_forc es

AJ Antimony
06-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I sorta miss how this has anything to do with a victory

Crickett
06-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Sheesh..me too ..sounds horrific

Unspun
06-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Apparently no one reads the article?

"The CRSC would not leave the convention without a victory however as they were likely the deciding votes in the contest for Indiana Attorney General between Neo-Conservative John Costas, and conservative Greg Zoeller who would go on to win the nomination over Costas by 354 votes."

pepperpete1
06-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Any state that breaks the RNC rules, and changing the rules prior to this years convention is breaking the rules needs to be challenged and/or a contestment filed with the RNC

pepperpete1
06-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Any state that breaks the RNC rules, and changing the rules prior to this years convention is breaking the rules needs to be challenged and/or a contestment filed with the RNC

This should be added to the wiki page. I do not know how. Would someone who does know how, please add it to the wiki?

Sandra
06-08-2008, 04:39 PM
It's like a virtual cut to the convention's throat when the insiders make up their own rules as they go.

WRellim
06-08-2008, 04:57 PM

Which, sadly will accomplish absolutely nothing, since the RNC is the actual root source of these state parties changing their rules at the last minute.

The only sense that this is a "victory" is that it reveals to many of the rank and file (most of whom did NOT vote for McCain, and who are not all that happy with the McCain faction) exactly how corrupt (and after a huge "thumping" loss in November -- exactly how BLIND) the current RNC and GOP State leaders are. They are sacrificing everyone's children (the state party agendas) to their current pagan god of McCain (aka "Molach") in a desperate attempt to salvage their own status quo.

End result is that it will very likely cause more than a little blowback next year. (And even this year in an unwillingness to man phones, canvass precincts, etc.) GOP'ers who do manage to "survive" and stay in office will be very angry at their loss of committee positions, etc. and will be looking for a new way to energize the party to prevent even worse in the future.)

Sandra
06-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Which, sadly will accomplish absolutely nothing, since the RNC is the actual root source of these state parties changing their rules at the last minute.

The only sense that this is a "victory" is that it reveals to many of the rank and file (most of whom did NOT vote for McCain, and who are not all that happy with the McCain faction) exactly how corrupt (and after a huge "thumping" loss in November -- exactly how BLIND) the current RNC and GOP State leaders are. They are sacrificing everyone's children (the state party agendas) to their current pagan god of McCain (aka "Molach") in a desperate attempt to salvage their own status quo.

End result is that it will very likely cause more than a little blowback next year. (And even this year in an unwillingness to man phones, canvass precincts, etc.) GOP'ers who do manage to "survive" and stay in office will be very angry at their loss of committee positions, etc. and will be looking for a new way to energize the party to prevent even worse in the future.)

The RNC won't TOUCH it or condone it, that would leave a paper trail. They are so fractured right now only a complete shakeup in party leadership will suffice.

WRellim
06-08-2008, 06:43 PM
The RNC won't TOUCH it or condone it, that would leave a paper trail. They are so fractured right now only a complete shakeup in party leadership will suffice.

Oh, there are ways of them "condoning" it without leaving anything at all for a paper trail... What the heck do you think your state's "National Committeeman" and "National Committeewoman" positions are for? To meet for "verbal" instructions and then bring those back to verbally (no paper) tell the state party chairmen what to do.

And in some senses they are pretty blatant about it... My State GOP chair always asks if there are any "reporters" in the room whenever he makes a speech. (Pretty indicative of his LACK of character and honesty... but normally just about everyone in the room laughs.)

wowabunga
06-08-2008, 11:30 PM

I'm guessing that the RNC national is the ones setting the marching tempo.... the local state chapters are just beating drums the way they have been instructed.

Personally my energy needs to go where I can see some true progress... I'm waking up my neighbors, and who knows where that might lead. Big thank you's to all the delegates reguardless, when I read about the grief the state GOP's have tossed your way it inspires me to work harder for liberty :)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-09-2008, 05:40 AM

I agree with you on that point, but these things need to be documented. Some convention-goers believe they need to be protected from any idea that doesn't involve McCain, but most are smart enough to know that they don't want to be constantly directed from the top down. Right now, some are under the illusion that this is good. They likely won't keep that attitude after everything sinks in. So, document - and force the liars into telling more lies. It will eventually make everything clearer.