PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Ron Paul Mention the March on RonPaul2008.com?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Someone here said the official website (http://www.ronpaul2008.com) couldn't mention the march because they're not allowed to be involved with the grassroots.

If that were true, how could Ron Paul himself attend the march on July 12th?

Makes no real sense.

qwerty
06-07-2008, 07:30 AM
I donīt understand it too ?

IT WAS THERE, but then they removed it, donīt know why ?.... :(

But i guess that Ron Paul does not maintain that site ;)

ronpaulhawaii
06-07-2008, 07:33 AM
RP can speak as a congressman, not as a candidate. There is some restriction on "campaigning" in DC.

Others know more, I think they wanted to try to move it to the congressional site but have not checked...

SnappleLlama
06-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I had posted something in the comments section about the march in July, and it was immediately put under review by the moderators. They did allow it to go through, though. So I guess we're allowed to spread the message in the comments section (the Daily Dose), but they can't promote the event on the main site.

Susan Wolfe
06-07-2008, 09:11 AM
The McCain-Fiengold act for Campaign Finance Reform specifically denies campaigns the ability to support grassroots efforts by promoting or otherwise helping grassroots organizations.

What this did is, it prevents candidates like Dr. Paul from helping out supporters by using the media or their website, that type of thing, from promoting any events being put in "in support of" that candidate. Of course, this did nothing to actually create true campaign finance reform, so big money lobbyists are still able to get the candidate that they want. It's just the little guys like us that aren't allowed to do it, it seems.

SnappleLlama
06-07-2008, 10:18 AM
The McCain-Fiengold act for Campaign Finance Reform specifically denies campaigns the ability to support grassroots efforts by promoting or otherwise helping grassroots organizations.

What this did is, it prevents candidates like Dr. Paul from helping out supporters by using the media or their website, that type of thing, from promoting any events being put in "in support of" that candidate. Of course, this did nothing to actually create true campaign finance reform, so big money lobbyists are still able to get the candidate that they want. It's just the little guys like us that aren't allowed to do it, it seems.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and I don't approve of the McCain-Feingold Act. :)

Primbs
06-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Maybe we could get Congress to change these free speech rules.

intelliot
06-09-2008, 01:42 AM
In my opinion the Revolution March website is extremely ugly. :eek: Can't someone redesign it?