PDA

View Full Version : So who are we going to vote for in November?

bamacre
06-06-2008, 10:01 PM
In my opinion, McCain is a big no-no. He's already surrounding himself with neo-conservatives. While he claims to be fiscally responsible, he supports the neo-conservative foreign policy. I'm sorry, but IMO, one cannot be both. They are conflicting ideologies.

I think Obama is a bigger supporter of freedoms and civil liberties, but his record is nowhere near a clean one. And we all know he will be happy spend taxpayer money and support bigger government.

But besides these things, I think it is important that we understand our goals before we decide for whom to vote.

That said, we have got to fix the Republican party. It needs to be rid of neo-conservatism, which IMO, is a failed ideology. It was meant to unite the American people. It has not, in fact it has divided the American people more than I have ever seen.

With McCain receiving the nomination, I can only see the party losing in 2008 as a first step in fixing the party. We cannot support the party as it is today.

When the Republicans lose in November, they will study why. If we vote for Obama, it sends a mixed message to Republicans. Are they to assume that more people support bigger government, more hand-outs. That's not what we want.

I am not a big fan of Bob Barr, but I think Paul's supporters and fans should vote for him come November. I think this is the only way we can send a clear and direct message to the Republican party, that we want a smaller federal government. We need a non-interventionist foreign policy. We need lower taxes, and we need less government intrusion in our lives.

I think writing Ron Paul's name in may feel like a valiant thing to do, and certainly Paul deserves that respect. But I think as a group who obviously is willing to do what it takes to change this country, I think we need to take this decision in November very seriously, and we need to do so with a strong focus on our long-term goals. And I think voting for the Libertarian candidate Bob Barr is our best step to take with those goals in mind.

UtahApocalypse
06-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Ron Paul.

Kludge
06-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Baldwin, Barr, or a write-in....

Something you can measure and live with preferably

RPTXState
06-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Depends on your state.

BEFORE YOU DECIDE, check local write-in laws. In Texas, candidates must declare themselves write-in candidates, or their votes will not be counted. Ron Paul could get 60% of the vote in Texas, but if he isn't a declared candidate, it will be reported as 0.

IF YOU CANNOT WRITE IN RON PAUL Check to see if Baldwin or Barr will be on the ballot.

IF YOU CAN WRITE IN RON PAUL (AKA IT WILL BE COUNTED) then I highly recommend writing in RP.

Physics
06-06-2008, 10:14 PM
In my opinion, McCain is a big no-no. He's already surrounding himself with neo-conservatives. While he claims to be fiscally responsible, he supports the neo-conservative foreign policy. I'm sorry, but IMO, one cannot be both. They are conflicting ideologies.

I think Obama is a bigger supporter of freedoms and civil liberties, but his record is nowhere near a clean one. And we all know he will be happy spend taxpayer money and support bigger government.

But besides these things, I think it is important that we understand our goals before we decide for whom to vote.

That said, we have got to fix the Republican party. It needs to be rid of neo-conservatism, which IMO, is a failed ideology. It was meant to unite the American people. It has not, in fact it has divided the American people more than I have ever seen.

With McCain receiving the nomination, I can only see the party losing in 2008 as a first step in fixing the party. We cannot support the party as it is today.

When the Republicans lose in November, they will study why. If we vote for Obama, it sends a mixed message to Republicans. Are they to assume that more people support bigger government, more hand-outs. That's not what we want.

I am not a big fan of Bob Barr, but I think Paul's supporters and fans should vote for him come November. I think this is the only way we can send a clear and direct message to the Republican party, that we want a smaller federal government. We need a non-interventionist foreign policy. We need lower taxes, and we need less government intrusion in our lives.

I think writing Ron Paul's name in may feel like a valiant thing to do, and certainly Paul deserves that respect. But I think as a group who obviously is willing to do what it takes to change this country, I think we need to take this decision in November very seriously, and we need to do so with a strong focus on our long-term goals. And I think voting for the Libertarian candidate Bob Barr is our best step to take with those goals in mind.

What a joke...you want the us all to vote for... OBAMA!!!! Do you know absolutely nothing about Obama's position on gun control?!? How can he be more freedom minded when he is threatening to take away not only all concealed carry, but ALL semiautomatics as well. Obama will never get my vote. NEVER.

Vote for Obama! hahaha! I'd rather vote for Ron Paul thanks.

lol sorry for being a dick, next time I'll read more of your post.

Jeremy
06-06-2008, 10:16 PM
It depends on your state. I just hope people know what they're doing and don't vote Obama or McCain.

AJ Antimony
06-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I agree. I think the best thing for the continuation of this movement is to support Barr into the debates and then vote for him in November.

No, he's not my favorite candidate and I see why some don't like him, but as Ron Paul says, "it's not about the man, it's about the message."

So what's the best way to spread the message this fall with the world watching? Is it to write in Paul in an effort that may make 5% of the national votes uncountable? No, I agree that voting Libertarian will be most productive in giving the people a taste of liberty.

The people, for all intents and purposes, saw Paul and were turned off from his blunt truths and thus unfortunately shut their minds from all libertarianism. Barr would be different because he talks with much more mainstream lingo. He at the very least would expose people to liberty and then hopefully more people would take interest in Paul's "extreme" libertarian views.

The most important part of supporting Barr in my opinion, is getting him into the debates. Paul ran Libertarian in 1988 and got 400,000 votes in the general election. He ran Republican and has over 1,000,000 votes. What did it? The debates (the exposure). If most, if not all, of Paul's million voters support Barr, that just may give him the numbers in the polls he needs to be eligible to participate in the presidential debates. The result? More people are exposed to liberty, more people are exposed to the frauds in our government, and a third party finally breaks through. With such success in the general election, the Libertarian Party would boom and see many more of their liberty-minded candidates elected all over the country.

Writing in Paul won't do that.

OptionsTrader
06-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Please, don't use "we" and Obama in the same sentence without some "nos" "nots" and "no fucking way in hells."

Join The Paul Side
06-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Me, I'm not sure. It kinda depends on what happens. I'm still holding hope for a miracle for Ron Paul at the RNC. It may sound crazy, but with each passing day Juan McCain shows how unelectable he is (at least with Conservatives). The more he opens his mouth the better for us. And now that the Dem race seems to be settled, they are going to go after him, which benefits us. I predict a very long hard summer for McSame. I'm hoping there will be pissed off delegates at the RNC.

bamacre
06-06-2008, 10:36 PM
What a joke...you want the us all to vote for... OBAMA!!!! Do you know absolutely nothing about Obama's position on gun control?!? How can he be more freedom minded when he is threatening to take away not only all concealed carry, but ALL semiautomatics as well. Obama will never get my vote. NEVER.

Vote for Obama! hahaha! I'd rather vote for Ron Paul thanks.

Oh yeah, and to be honest, I kinda consider you to be an idiot for even thinking that I as a Paul supporter would even consider supporting Obama.

Perhaps you should read the OP again.

pinkmandy
06-06-2008, 10:42 PM
The OP wasn't saying vote for Obama. He was pointing out good reasons we should not- one being that the GOP might liberalize itself even more thinking they have to move even closer to being democrats to capture votes. The GOP isn't very good at "getting messages" it seems so I think his point is important. Can you imagine if, after Obama sweeps the elections, the GOP chairs decide the party platform must mirror the Dem platform more than it does now? And we think the whole "compassionate conservatism" screwed us. It would turn the GOP into the new Democrats and the Dems will run further left!

Perry
06-06-2008, 10:43 PM

Is that bamacre from the big A forum? If so welcome aboard buddy!:) If not welcome aboard anyway!:D
Folks...bamacre here is a long time freedom fighter. We've been fighting together on other battlefields for some time.
Trust me he's not pushing Obama.

rockandrollsouls
06-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Obama is against civil liberties more than McCain is! He's already crapped all over the second amendment. He's a charade and is just as bad as McCain.

I'm hoping Ron is on the ballot in November. If not, I will vote for whoever he endorses, and if he doesn't endorse anyone I'm not sure. I will either vote Barr or write him in since he's basically given the go ahead on Barr and Baldwin.

bamacre
06-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Is that bamacre from the big A forum? If so welcome aboard buddy!:) If not welcome aboard anyway!:D
Folks...bamacre here is a long time freedom fighter. We've been fighting together on other battlefields for some time.
Trust me he's not pushing Obama.

:) Hey, bud!

countrykidz4freedom
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Me, I'm not sure. It kinda depends on what happens. I'm still holding hope for a miracle for Ron Paul at the RNC.
+1
I honestly think we would be in far better shape, to stay united behind Ron Paul, as this late in the game, I do not see how a third party can win, and also more and more people are asking about Ron Paul as time goes on, and they see he knows what he is talking about. It has taken this long and all Ron Paul's hard work to get this far, but at least now most people have heard about him, more than we can hope for from the third party candidates.

The Revolution March will wake more up, and the book is still helping out also. We just need to keep the enthusiasm and ideas coming-its not over yet. Also, I feel that if it were possible to win as a third party, Ron Paul would have been willing to switch over as so many of us requested. He knows a lot more than most of us do about this stuff going on, and he chose the best way to try and win, so everyone has to do what they think best, but for myself, I really can't throw my support behind someone else, when I am really still hoping for a miracle also.

I will, however, keep spreading the message of Hope, and tell everyone about the other third party choices, so they don't feel they have to vote for who they don't believe in. Also, there are just too many differences in Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin, that we are not going to be able to come together as one voice- there is just no way we are going to be able to gain the following with a third party that Ron Paul has acquired-(even some former democrats I've spoken with have chosen him because they can see the proof that he is the real genuine man, who has proved he believes what he claims)-sorry guys, I am a realist. :) I realize that we must continue on even if he cannot win at the RNC, but I am also not going to set myself up for false hope, for all of us to have worked so hard, and only been able to get this far is a great achievement, but just think if he had run third party, most people would still not have heard of him-

We must continue working at the local levels, & that is where the real change will come. For myself, I am now getting more active putting the word out about people running in my state that I know respect the true laws of the land-and I am looking for proof of their views thru their actions.

Perry
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
To add my two cents to the thread...there is not another super-candidate like our man Ron Paul. Therefor there will be no unity between us. Some will vote for Barr, some for Baldwin, some will write in Paul, a small few who "want their vote to count" will vote for Obama and tiny few will turn back, vote for McCain and will instantly be turned to stone.:D
My point is that there's nothing here to unify us so I don't spend too much time worrying about it. As long as we vote for a real candidate that's good enough for me since none of our candidates will be elected anyway.

Looking forward to Paul on the ticket in 2011. Call me crazy...it's gonna happen folks.

satchelmcqueen
06-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Ron Paul!!!!

qh4dotcom
06-07-2008, 12:27 AM
The majority of RPF members are going to write in Ron Paul on the ballot...vote for Bob Barr...or vote for Chuck Baldwin

I don't know if I am going to be able to write in Ron Paul...so my second choice is Barr as he can get ballot access in all 50 states...Chuck Baldwin will be lucky to appear in the ballots of half of the states.

JK/SEA
06-07-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm voting for Marshall Law....

Perry
06-07-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm voting for Marshall Law....

Don't have to vote for Marshall Law. That's what happens when you don't vote.

Jaykzo
06-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Consider that the total vote tally of nation wide write-in votes for Ron Paul will not make any sort of news coverage, and will only be celebrated by us Ron Paul supporters.

If we all rally behind a Libertarian candidate, and do it with some FORCE and PASSION like we did with our buddy Ron, we could send a clear and direct message that the media WOULD pay attention to.

I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to say that we could produce an abnormally voter percentage for a third party candidate. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Barr, but to be completely honest, I haven't done my homework on him. I do know, however, that the Libertarian party currently represents me better than either of the two mainstream parties.

So basically, I'll be voting Libertarian this year as my first presidential vote.

randolphfuller
06-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Murray Rothbard said that Democrats were nearly always preferable to Republicans because on the three major questions they were right on two--foreign policy and civil liberties whereas Republicans were only right one one, and the least important one, of domestic policy.. My only knowledge of Bob Barr is from the Clinton impeachment proceedings where he struck me as a mean, nasty little bastard.. Chuch Baldwin is probably better but fundamentalist, evavelical Baptist pastors surely make poor allies. Randolph Fuller

Rhys
06-07-2008, 02:02 AM
If I can do a write-in, I will.

If not, I suppose Barr. I hate to say it, but Baldwin is pretty much an unknown. It would be like voting for myself just because I support Ron Paul.

I like Baldwin more... but that's about it really.

I'm also drunk so I may change my mind.

bamacre
06-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Consider that the total vote tally of nation wide write-in votes for Ron Paul will not make any sort of news coverage, and will only be celebrated by us Ron Paul supporters.

If we all rally behind a Libertarian candidate, and do it with some FORCE and PASSION like we did with our buddy Ron, we could send a clear and direct message that the media WOULD pay attention to.

I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to say that we could produce an abnormally voter percentage for a third party candidate. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Barr, but to be completely honest, I haven't done my homework on him. I do know, however, that the Libertarian party currently represents me better than either of the two mainstream parties.

So basically, I'll be voting Libertarian this year as my first presidential vote.

Excellent point!

SnappleLlama
06-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Pennsylvanians can write-in candidates who are not registered, so my vote is for Ron Paul!

UtahApocalypse
06-07-2008, 10:16 AM
If the damn computer in Utah wont allow me to write in Ron Paul, My Sharpie marker will.

I don't care about the stupid laws about 'having to be listed as a candidate' thats pure BULL!! I am a free American, with the RIGHT to vote for who I feel fit to run this nation. I will NOT vote for Barr, or any other person.

Ron Paul gets my vote, counted, accepted or not..... I will always know in my conscience I have done what i could.

SLSteven
06-07-2008, 10:20 AM
I think Obama is a bigger supporter of freedoms and civil liberties

He has no regard for the freedom of citizens to opt out of the social security debacle, opt out of the government healthcare, or keep the fruits of their labors.

bamacre
06-07-2008, 11:35 AM
He has no regard for the freedom of citizens to opt out of the social security debacle, opt out of the government healthcare, or keep the fruits of their labors.

Actually, that was his beef with Hillary's health care plan, that it was mandated, people were forced to buy health insurance. His plan does not.

Just sayin'. :)

Thomas Paine
06-07-2008, 12:12 PM

You can vote for whoever you want but no way in hell I am going to vote for that neo-communist liberal Barack Hussein Obama. I have to check into write in laws in Michigan (unless someone on this forum knows right off the top of their head) but I will probably write in Ron Paul or if this is not feasible, then I will vote for McCain depending on who his running mate is. If McCain selects Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindahl (spelling?), or SC Governor Mark Sanford, then I will vote for the GOP ticket. Why? Because I don't think McCain will survive his first term in office given that the presidency ages a person exponentially and McCain has already aged exponentially due to his experience as a POW. Erego, McCain's VP is likely to become the next President and head of the GOP.

AJ Antimony
06-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Me, I'm not sure. It kinda depends on what happens. I'm still holding hope for a miracle for Ron Paul at the RNC. It may sound crazy, but with each passing day Juan McCain shows how unelectable he is (at least with Conservatives). The more he opens his mouth the better for us. And now that the Dem race seems to be settled, they are going to go after him, which benefits us. I predict a very long hard summer for McSame. I'm hoping there will be pissed off delegates at the RNC.

You forget that his pre-approved delegate slates are the ones being elected all over the country. His campaign isn't going to pre-approve people who would be smart enough to get angry and not vote for him.

SLSteven
06-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Actually, that was his beef with Hillary's health care plan, that it was mandated, people were forced to buy health insurance. His plan does not.

Just sayin'. :)

I never could understand their squabbling over the subtle differences. I am sure he wants some sort of "universal healthcare". Why not just go for "universal affluence" while he is at it.

Thomas Paine
06-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I never could understand their squabbling over the subtle differences. I am sure he wants some sort of "universal healthcare". Why not just go for "universal affluence" while he is at it.

For that matter, why doesn't Barack Hussein Obama just drop all pretense and announce that he and his liberal allies in Congress will enact legislation whereby every American citizen shall simply assign each and every paycheck over to the United States government and that some federal bureacrat in DC will decide how best to spend that citizen's paycheck on behalf of the citizen.

JK/SEA
06-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Don't have to vote for Marshall Law. That's what happens when you don't vote.

Are you sure about that?...

Deborah K
06-07-2008, 02:45 PM

He is a socialistic globalist: http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/192745.php He would love nothing more than to stip us of our 2nd amendment rights. I would no sooner vote for him than I would McCain. We have no real choice. Sorry, no offense meant to Barr or Baldwin or their supporters, just my flea bitten opinion.

If I can't write RP in, I won't vote. This will be the first time for me. :(

RonPaulFanInGA
06-07-2008, 02:49 PM
For me, it's a toss-up between Bob Barr and writing in Ron Paul.

bamacre
06-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Why are people coming to the conclusion that I was recommending people vote for Obama?

Is the OP confusing?

tonesforjonesbones
06-07-2008, 05:41 PM
You can write anyone in no matter what state but it doesn't count. They do not count write in votes unless the candidates go state to state and do it officially which Ron Paul is not going to do. I called his campaign weekly to ask if he was going to do a write in and the answer was always no. So it forced me to have to select someone else. I have selected Bob Barr. I honestly don't think Ron Paul wants to be president...I think he wasn't to educate people and spread a message and he did a darn good job of it too! I love Ron Paul. My vote will go to Bob Barr and the libertarian party.

bamacre
06-07-2008, 10:26 PM
You can write anyone in no matter what state but it doesn't count. They do not count write in votes unless the candidates go state to state and do it officially which Ron Paul is not going to do. I called his campaign weekly to ask if he was going to do a write in and the answer was always no. So it forced me to have to select someone else. I have selected Bob Barr. I honestly don't think Ron Paul wants to be president...I think he wasn't to educate people and spread a message and he did a darn good job of it too! I love Ron Paul. My vote will go to Bob Barr and the libertarian party.

Nice.

parocks
11-21-2009, 05:46 AM
You can vote for whoever you want but no way in hell I am going to vote for that neo-communist liberal Barack Hussein Obama. I have to check into write in laws in Michigan (unless someone on this forum knows right off the top of their head) but I will probably write in Ron Paul or if this is not feasible, then I will vote for McCain depending on who his running mate is. If McCain selects Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindahl (spelling?), or SC Governor Mark Sanford, then I will vote for the GOP ticket. Why? Because I don't think McCain will survive his first term in office given that the presidency ages a person exponentially and McCain has already aged exponentially due to his experience as a POW. Erego, McCain's VP is likely to become the next President and head of the GOP.

Did you end up voting for McCain then?