PDA

View Full Version : Couches and Floors

Nik
06-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Hello. I thought I might start a thread for those of us who are trying to save hotel money and avoid sleeping outdoors. Nine students from the University of Central Florida, including myself, will be in D.C. for the march. If you are in the D.C. area and you are willing to open up your home and allow some of us to crash on your couches/floors for the nights of July 11th and July 12th, we would really appreciate it. Please email me at nikritchie@gmail.com

Thanks!

Susan Wolfe
06-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey Nik -

I hear ya about not wanting to sleep outdoors, and also not wanting to spend a bundle for hotels, even at the group block rates!

If nothing else, we do have an all-cabin campground reserved for marchers - at Camp Mawavi, the rate is $20 per person, for the weekend, and that includes the vehicle fee to the campgrounds, breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings, and shuttle to the metro station in Springfield to take us to the march. (Shuttle back, as well, of course.)

People can pay their $20 at http://campmawavi.eventbrite.com.

It's an option anyway!

Susan

Nirvikalpa
06-15-2008, 09:58 PM
As a fellow student, I hear your pain -

The Holiday Inn at the Capitol is $125/night, and split 4 or 5 ways that's only 25-32 bucks per person. It's only a few blocks away from the Capitol and the March. The thing is is that you (apparently) have to have someone who is 21 or older check-in.

If that's not the way to go, I would go with the campgrounds...

But good luck :) It's hard being a student and paying for this.

yongrel
06-15-2008, 10:00 PM
One thing you might want to do is contact some DC college students that also support Ron Paul. The major DC colleges all have very lax policies regarding guests. If you can find 4 or 5 Ron Paul supporters who'd be willing to share your room, you'd be in the clear. American University, for instance, has a 3 week cap on visitor stays.

Check out the facebook groups and whatnot.

Nirvikalpa
06-15-2008, 10:12 PM
One thing you might want to do is contact some DC college students that also support Ron Paul. The major DC colleges all have very lax policies regarding guests. If you can find 4 or 5 Ron Paul supporters who'd be willing to share your room, you'd be in the clear. American University, for instance, has a 3 week cap on visitor stays.

Check out the facebook groups and whatnot.

That's a really good idea. There are tons of Universities around DC.

-Regent University
-George Washington
-Georgetown U
-Catholic U of America
-George Mason (Fairfax VA)
-Trinity College
-American University

yongrel
06-15-2008, 10:22 PM
That's a really good idea. There are tons of Universities around DC.

-Regent University
-George Washington
-Georgetown U
-Catholic U of America
-George Mason (Fairfax VA)
-Trinity College
-American University

Don't forget Gallaudet (or however you spell it), University of the District of Columbia, Howard University, Potomac, and the various branch campuses.

fahayek
06-18-2008, 03:56 PM
My fiance will kill me for this but I live in Richmond, VA and I have room for maybe 3 or 4 people. I plan on driving up early in the morning (about an 1.5 hour drive). I have a full size bed in one room and have a queen size blow up mattress for the other room. You'll need to bring your own towels and bedding if interested. PM if anyone needs free board. No serial killers please :D

Danke
06-18-2008, 04:00 PM
No serial killers please

Whadda ya got against serial killers? :mad:

asgardshill
06-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Whadda ya got against serial killers? :mad:

Yeah! I murdered a bowl of Cocoa Puffs just this morning myself.

You ... you ... cerealist ;)

hotbrownsauce
06-18-2008, 10:12 PM
125 a night? Wow! I should be getting it for $30. I may offer a place to stay to people at the march as I hope others will.