PDA

View Full Version : Orlando GOP EXPELLS Ron Paul Meetup Leader!

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Apparently in Orlando last night the local GOP voted to expel Nick E the local Ron Paul Meetup organizer.

From an e-mail he sent out:

"Lew Oliver expertly maneuvered his way into throwing me out of OCREC. After effectively shutting off any new Ron Paul type Republicans from joining since March and stuffing the monthly membership drives with only those he could trust, last night's vote was a foregone conclusion.

Lew Oliver made sure that the barest of minimum time was taken up for this important matter. We were each allotted six minutes to make our case. No questions were allowed from the floor. Questions from membership might have opened up communication, something that is to be avoided at all costs.

Chairman Oliver further stacked the deck with months of barraging the OCREC email list with outlandish statements about me. Some of which were outright lies. I requested to be able to email members my side of the story, but this request was denied! Plus he used paid OCREC staff for months to call and harangue members with wild tales of what might happen if my membership continued.

Still, the vote was much closer than one would have thought. My removal required a two-thirds majority to be successful. It passed, but only by a slim 9 vote margin of 120 votes cast. Amazing that such a small group is tasked with such a lofty goal of winning elections! I was further heartened by all the traditional Republicans apologizing for Oliver's childish behavior.

Chairman Oliver also let loose with a tasteless tirade against 'our friends who told the Orange County Parks and Recreation Department that we were having closed meetings.' This goes against the free use agreement that Parks and Recreation has with OCREC. If they want the facilities for free, meetings must be free and open to the public. Chairman Oliver tried to pull a fast one by making these meetings 'closed'. He wanted to shut out Ron Paul supporters and the media. He started shrieking, "Let's all thank our friends who want the media and Democrats in here listening to what we are doing." I'm not kidding, apparently Oliver was really feeling his oats after learning I was expelled. For 10 minutes, Oliver screamed about the NEGATIVE media, Democrats, and of course yours truly. "Thank them everyone...can we have a round of applause for them...they are causing us to spend $475 extra a month so we can have our secure meetings." Really, Uncle Lew, Democrats wouldn't be interested in your hysterical rants about them. And as to them hearing of all our secret plans for the election, I've gone to these meetings for nearly a year. The only secrets that I've heard discussed were 'who is going to be next month's speaker.' Last month we were treated to an hour long lecture on property tax appraisal."

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 12:37 PM
So we've moved past the soap and ballot box.... is it time for the jury box?

AJ Antimony
06-06-2008, 12:44 PM

Why didn't you punch the asshole in the face?

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
I live in Nashville. I wasn't at the meeting

bucfish
06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Screw Lew! Get some signs and I think your local meetup knows what to do from there

ronpaul.republican
06-06-2008, 01:14 PM

And a topic I started was moved to the off-off-off-topic section because it talked about the Founders' use of violence? :confused:

I guess the criteria for posting here is:

1. How many posts you already have (more posts=more violent references allowed)
2. How much money you gave the campaign
3. Whether or not you joined a meetup group.
4. ?

No wonder Ron lost the primary to McCain. :p

freelance
06-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Sue the bastard for those e-mail slurs, if they're not true.

TruthisTreason
06-06-2008, 01:24 PM
GOP just keeps closing doors on potential voters.

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Sue the bastard for those e-mail slurs, if they're not true.I think Nick E is doing that.

ronpaul.republican
06-06-2008, 01:48 PM

This post has been reported to the Forum Police for advocating violence.

Lucille
06-06-2008, 01:53 PM
GOP just keeps closing doors on potential voters.

Sort of. They are absolutely showing the Paul supporters the exit, but they are opening the door for more neocons, and Hillary supporters (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/05/AR2008060503513.html?hpid=topnews), to enter the current Republicrat Party. What they lose in the libertarian faction and conservatives, they will make up for by welcoming more statists into the fold.

This ain't the party of Goldwater anymore.

When I willingly signed that lettertothegop, I did it knowing I would out myself as a "traitor," pretty much guaranteeing that any participation or position the GOP may have "granted me" is no longer possible.

I don't know that I want to bother with the GOP at this point. Maybe it's best if it goes the way of the Whigs.

JS4Pat
06-06-2008, 02:01 PM

No not yet.

Nick is still in good shape - Thanks to Florida Election Law!
He'll have to wait until after November 2008 - but that is when the real fun begins anyways! :D

In Florida, once every four years the entire Republican Executive Committee of every Florida county is reconstituted. 2008 happens to be the year. Florida Statutes allows for 1 precinct committee man and 1 precinct committee woman per 1000 registered voters. Most precinct committee positions are currently vacant. The statues also allow for 1 state committeeman and 1 state committeewoman per county.

We want to fill every precinct committeeman and committeewoman position in every county of the state with a small government, liberty minded conservative Republican. This will require the participation of 1000’s of conservative Republicans.

We need for you to help us by signing up to become your Precinct Committee Person with the local Republican Party. If no one else applies, you will automatically become the Precinct Committee Person. If more people apply than there are Committeemen and Committeewomen positions, the determination will be made by votes cast in the August 26th Primary Election.

There is no cost and the time commitment is to attend your local Republican Executive Committee meeting each month to represent Liberty and the U.S. Constitution.

We also need you to help us identify other like-minded family members, friends and co-workers who would be willing to do the same thing in your county. It doesn’t cost any money and requires a very small time commitment. As Precinct Committeeman/Committeewoman you would be expected to attend one meeting each month.

We are doing this because if small government, liberty minded conservatives (us) become the majority of Precinct Committee persons, then it is (we) who can get elected to the boards of county RECs, write platforms and change the rules. In short, we can return the Republican Party to its principles: pro Constitution, pro gun, pro veteran, pro low tax, pro liberty, pro limited government, pro individual responsibility, pro states’ rights!

Unfortunately we have run into resistance from some in the entrenched party establishment who would rather maintain the status quo then return the party to its conservative roots. Rules have been changed and, therefore, it is extremely important that you follow the instructions listed below exactly as written.

Instructions for Precinct Committeeman or Precinct Committeewoman

1. Fill out & Print the Loyalty Oath for Precinct Committeemen and Committeewomen (FORM DS-DE 24C).
http://election.dos.state.fl.us/forms/pdf/dsde24c.pdf

2. Have your Form DS-DE 24C notarized and hand deliver or mail the Original Notarized Form DS-DE 24C to your Supervisor of Elections between June 16 and June 20 2008. Please stress that there is ONLY a 5 DAY window. IF IT DOES NOT ARRIVE BY THE 20th before noon they will not be considered.

3. Fill out & Print the RPOF’s Party Loyalty Oath and have your signature witnessed (notary not required):
http://files.meetup.com/1148187/NEW%20Required%20Party%20LoyaltyOath_flier_021%20f or%20Precinct%20Committee%20.pdf

4. Either mail Certified return receipt requested or Hand Deliver the Original RPOF Loyalty Oath with witness signature to your county Republican Party Chairman between June 16 and June 20 2008. This loyalty oath must be turned in by June 20th into the Chairman of each county. The Chairman will then coordinate with the County Supervisor of Elections office to make sure those candidates are eligible for qualification.

torchbearer
06-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Jury Box.. then Ammo Box. Only two choices left now.

durden0
06-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I think Nick E is doing that.

Yes there is a pending defamation suit against Lew afaik.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I personally motion for a good ole fashioned revolution e-mail bombing. We have not had one of those in quite some time (at least not to my recollection)

Thomas Paine
06-06-2008, 02:42 PM

Oh, for crying out loud. There is a difference between intent and a pure expression of exasperation. If you can't tell the difference, then you must be so uptight that you should stick a lump of coal up your arse, which will turn into a diamond within two weeks.

Thomas Paine
06-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Rules are rules. Sorry. I wish the world was different, but it's not.

How much $ did you give Ron?

Enough to piss my wife off when she saw our credit card statements for November and December 2007.

SnappleLlama
06-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Enough to piss my wife off when she saw our credit card statements for November and December 2007.

Ha, ha!

Thomas Paine
06-06-2008, 03:20 PM
And it sounds like you're proud of that.

Let's just say that I found my wife's reaction quite amusing given her $200 haircuts every four weeks.

torchbearer
06-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Let's just say that I found my wife's reaction quite amusing given her $200 haircuts every four weeks.

hahahaha!
But you were taking away from her Hair and Nails fund! You bastard!
And for what? You freedoms? bah.

Dianne
06-06-2008, 03:23 PM
We must unite to do everything within our power to be sure McScam loses the election. I am sick and tired of this corrupt GOP !!!!

If my republican family has to vote for Obama over McLame, we will !! I am finished with the GOP. They must all be liars and cheaters to even consider blacklisting Paul. They must all be on the "take".

tonesforjonesbones
06-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I am amazed and sad that Ron Paul supporters would consider voting for Obama over Bob Barr or Chuck Baldwin.

torchbearer
06-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I am amazed and sad that Ron Paul supporters would consider voting for Obama over Bob Barr or Chuck Baldwin.

I think its the difference of belief that something can be done soon - so let's try to get our guys a good showing, or thinking that it may be better in the long run for the whole system to collapse on itself - so vote for the worst possible... and hope we can lead the rebuilding of our country after Atlas Shrugs.

Thomas Paine
06-06-2008, 03:32 PM

I really agree with this sentiment. If I find myself unable to vote for John McCain (which seems likely at the moment without slamming a fifth of John Daniels before I enter the voting booth), I would at the very least cast my vote for Bob Barr. Barack Hussein Obama is the last person in the world I would vote for given his neo-communist economic policies and apparent disregard for civil liberties for those individuals who dare to publicly espouse conservative ideals.

crazyfacedjenkins
06-06-2008, 03:41 PM

What the fuck is wrong with you?

torchbearer
06-06-2008, 03:44 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you?

think johnmccainforum.com and you will be getting warmer.

SnappleLlama
06-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I love this place.

:-)

crazyfacedjenkins
06-06-2008, 03:49 PM

haha,

But on the topic of voting for the lesser of two evils, I say no to that. I'm not even voting for a third party, I'm voting for the eviler of the two evils. I'm starting to think it has to get real bad till these Americans start waking up.

torchbearer
06-06-2008, 03:57 PM
haha,

But on the topic of voting for the lesser of two evils, I say no to that. I'm not even voting for a third party, I'm voting for the eviler of the two evils. I'm starting to think it has to get real bad till these Americans start waking up.

a thought.
think of your vote as a peaceful weapon. A politician fears you as a voter because you can vote against him.
If you don't vote you don't count, and you have no voice, no impact. nul. none.zip. nada.

How this really dawned on me... I had always heard the cliche "if you don't vote, you don't count"... and could generally understand kinda what it means...
But, until I was someone running for office... it was never so clear...
When I walked up to purchase my list... it was a list of voters... but not just registered voters... I asked for all the voters who voted in the last two elections.
Why? Because I wasn't going to waste my limited money and time talking to people who don't vote. They didn't matter. Why should I care? What are they going to do about anything? They don't vote.
If you aren't going to vote for someone... which should be option number one.. even if the person is a long shot. Then you should use your vote as a weapon against the offenders.
A no vote, send no message because no one in an Elected office cares.

Rhys
06-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Winston Churchill said something like "you can tell the caliber of a man by the nature of his enemies." We're anti-tank Sable round baby!

countrykidz4freedom
06-06-2008, 04:06 PM

I am not surprised, but I can tell you this, if there is no way to get our man on the ticket, we will not win this election, and sorry to say, but I don't think we will make a very strong statement either pulling different directions like this-Is there any way Ron Paul will consider a write in, if it comes to that? I refuse to vote for Obama, or Barr-I am surprised that some people here would consider voting for Obama-do they realize he is part of the evil scheme? From what I heard, he was at the Bilderberg meeting. How can anyone here even consider voting for him, knowing he is CFR and plans to tax us even more heavily than we already are. As far as Barr goes, I am very highly suspicious, and even more so now that it appears MSM is accepting him-everyone knows that MSM is controlled, so apparently Barr is acceptable to them-come on guys think about it-its not that hard to figure out.

As far as Baldwin is concerned, the churches would be the best possible chance for him to win, unfortunately most christians seem to be asleep as the rest of the country.

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I sounds as if the same phenomenon that happened in Colorad
is happen in Florida too... wherein many of the GOP vets are
seeing through the GOP elite's bull$hit and are sympathetic to
Ron Paul supporters!

Lets continue to reach out to them RATIONALLY and communicate
openly about our HONESTY intentions.

I know that they aren't all bad and that MANY/MOST of them want
the exact same thing that we do. They (as with most Americans)
just don't know about us or Dr. Paul yet.

Lets nurture that!!!

crazyfacedjenkins
06-06-2008, 04:18 PM
a thought.
think of your vote as a peaceful weapon. A politician fears you as a voter because you can vote against him.
If you don't vote you don't count, and you have no voice, no impact. nul. none.zip. nada.

How this really dawned on me... I had always heard the cliche "if you don't vote, you don't count"... and could generally understand kinda what it means...
But, until I was someone running for office... it was never so clear...
When I walked up to purchase my list... it was a list of voters... but not just registered voters... I asked for all the voters who voted in the last two elections.
Why? Because I wasn't going to waste my limited money and time talking to people who don't vote. They didn't matter. Why should I care? What are they going to do about anything? They don't vote.
If you aren't going to vote for someone... which should be option number one.. even if the person is a long shot. Then you should use your vote as a weapon against the offenders.
A no vote, send no message because no one in an Elected office cares.

I know this is way off topic from the original post, but in NJ we had RP republicans running for house in every congressional district. They all lost but they did damn good for just a few months of campaigning. I know a few of them quit the movement afterwards and I couldn't believe it. If they spent a full year going door-to-door, we would have destroyed everyone else.

This was posted in our South Jersey meetup forum. It talks about a conversation with Michael J. Doherty, a NJ Assemblyman who endorced Ron Paul http://people.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements/2007/12/19/michael-j-doherty/

Hi folks,
During my conversation with Mike Doherty, this past Sunday, we discussed running for office in New Jersey. Mike shared with me how he successfully ran for Warren County Freeholder and then Assemblyman for District 23.

Mike combined dogged determination with information he received from a company called Labels & Lists to win.

Labels & List is a company that compiles publicly available voter records. They provide information on who the actual voters are in a district, their address, the number of voters at an address, their party affiliation, their voting frequency, etc.

By knowing who the people that actually vote are, campaign efforts can be directly targeted to those voters. What did Mike do? He put together some basic material on his take on relevant issues, put on a suit and went out and personally canvassed as many of those voters as he could. Mike calls this "surgical campaigning". It is focused on the people who actually bother to vote.

Mike says he first became politicized when Christie Whitman sent our State into a tailspin, by funding the State budget with bonded debt. He ran for an Assembly seat and lost. he then ran for a Freeholder seat and won. He then ran for an Assembly seat and won. Mike is not a political insider. I'm sure the incumbent who lost the Assembly seat to Mike is still scratching their head wondering how it happened. As Mike said, standing out in front of Shop Rite shaking hands with random strangers is not a successful strategy.

SLSteven
06-06-2008, 04:39 PM
My removal required a two-thirds majority to be successful. It passed, but only by a slim 9 vote margin of 120 votes cast. Amazing that such a small group is tasked with such a lofty goal of winning elections! I was further heartened by all the traditional Republicans apologizing for Oliver's childish behavior.

Must not have been too many of these. Keep up the fight! Looks like they are feeling the heat.

AJ Antimony
06-06-2008, 06:41 PM

Get lost, troll

ronpaul.republican
06-06-2008, 06:50 PM
or thinking that it may be better in the long run for the whole system to collapse on itself - so vote for the worst possible... and hope we can lead the rebuilding of our country after Atlas Shrugs.

Bingo.

ronpaul.republican
06-06-2008, 06:53 PM

Oh, I'm just mouthing-off because a dickhead moderator threatened to ban me for daring to mention the founders' use of violence to obtain their freedom and for advocating (in his peabrain anyway) that we do the same.

Thomas Paine
06-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Oh, I'm just mouthing-off because a dickhead moderator threatened to ban me for daring to mention the founders' use of violence to obtain their freedom and for advocating (in his peabrain anyway) that we do the same.

I don't blame you. I've been put on double secret probation several times by some of these moderators. Just yell "toga" a few times and slam a few shots of John Daniels and you'll feel better.

torchbearer
06-06-2008, 07:11 PM

Yeh, I get heat for that same thing too. People aren't ready for that reality yet.

crazyfacedjenkins
06-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Yeh, I get heat for that same thing too. People aren't ready for that reality yet.

I always dream of a revolution in that sense, but the closest we've come to that in my lifetime were the LA riots. Man were those sweet.

Thomas Paine
06-07-2008, 05:53 AM

Holy shit, Torchbearer! I just realized you are pushing 10,000 posts.

JS4Pat
06-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I am sick and tired of this corrupt GOP !!!!

I am finished with the GOP.

They must all be liars and cheaters to even consider blacklisting Paul.

They must all be on the "take".

We're all sick and tired of the GOP - which is why it is time to do something about it! They are not "ALL" liars and cheaters. Many are sheep who just keep going in the direction in which the GOP points them. Why not do what it takes to point the party in the right direction?

There are more of us - then them!

Nick isn't stopping. He is submitting his application on June 20th to be a Republican Precinct Committeeman for the next 4 years beginning after the November election. He can't be blacklisted from that. State Law entitles him to run for that position.

This is what EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US IN THIS MOVEMENT NEEDS TO BE DOING!!!

What State do you live in?

Do you know the rules and dates for doing this?

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/51485

In Florida, once every four years the entire Republican Executive Committee of every Florida county is reconstituted. 2008 happens to be the year. Florida Statutes allows for 1 precinct committee man and 1 precinct committee woman per 1000 registered voters. Most precinct committee positions are currently vacant. The statues also allow for 1 state committeeman and 1 state committeewoman per county.

We want to fill every precinct committeeman and committeewoman position in every county of the state with a small government, liberty minded conservative Republican. This will require the participation of 1000’s of conservative Republicans.

We need for you to help us by signing up to become your Precinct Committee Person with the local Republican Party. If no one else applies, you will automatically become the Precinct Committee Person. If more people apply than there are Committeemen and Committeewomen positions, the determination will be made by votes cast in the August 26th Primary Election.

There is no cost and the time commitment is to attend your local Republican Executive Committee meeting each month to represent Liberty and the U.S. Constitution.

We also need you to help us identify other like-minded family members, friends and co-workers who would be willing to do the same thing in your county. It doesn’t cost any money and requires a very small time commitment. As Precinct Committeeman/Committeewoman you would be expected to attend one meeting each month.

We are doing this because if small government, liberty minded conservatives (us) become the majority of Precinct Committee persons, then it is (we) who can get elected to the boards of county RECs, write platforms and change the rules. In short, we can return the Republican Party to its principles: pro Constitution, pro gun, pro veteran, pro low tax, pro liberty, pro limited government, pro individual responsibility, pro states’ rights!

Unfortunately we have run into resistance from some in the entrenched party establishment who would rather maintain the status quo then return the party to its conservative roots. Rules have been changed and, therefore, it is extremely important that you follow the instructions listed below exactly as written.

http://www.RLCNF.org (http://www.RLCNF.org)

SLSteven
06-07-2008, 09:32 AM
I always dream of a revolution in that sense, but the closest we've come to that in my lifetime were the LA riots. Man were those sweet.

Sweet for who?? Window replacement companies?

SLSteven
06-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Holy shit, Torchbearer! I just realized you are pushing 10,000 posts.

Three cheers for Torchbearer!

Thomas Paine
06-07-2008, 11:43 AM
The best thing for Ron Paul supporters to do is to get actively involved in their local GOP organizations and draw good contrasts between themselves and some of the idiots like the head of the Orlando GOP. At the end of the day, the rank and file like to see fair play and if they see Ron Paul supporters playing by the rules while morons like the head of the Orlando GOP manipulate the rules, then they will begin to vote against such manipulators.

Now, in the case of the Orlando GOP where they actually went so far as to expel a Ron Paul supporter, I would just start up a rival competing GOP organization or find another local GOP organization to get involved in. For instance, where I live, there is the regular county GOP organization, plus the local congressional district GOP organization, plus the Young Republicans, plus the Teen Age Republicans, plus a GOP organization focused on just a particular large town/city in my county. Each of the foregoing organizations have different leaders and not all of the existing leaders look kindly at one another thanks to human egos.

torchbearer
06-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Three cheers for Torchbearer!

I think, in the spirit of term limits, I should retire my tenure here at 10,000.
Include the hundreds if not thousands of emails i've sent through 3 meet-ups groups for the past year, and the hundreds of phone calls... and dozens of meetings, sign waves, caucuses, rallies, and speaking engagements...
add to that, I do two jobs and try to maintain a relationship... I stay busy.

How do I have time to post? I work on computers, when computers are scanning etc.. I read and post here.

jcarcinogen
06-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I must say, although I don't post or read the forums daily, I usually agree with you and if you're retiring at 10,000 that won't be long.

But as you can see the GOP is against us. The GOP issue is what prompted me to register and post on the forums when everyone was blaming FNC.

A 2 party system, 2 wings of the same bird contrived to give us an illusion of choice and using the 'divide and conquer' technique to keep us blind.

JK/SEA
06-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but can anyone explain if there is a difference between using GOP as identifying your affiliation versus using Republican?

Dino Rossi is running for Governor in Washington State, and his preference is 'GOP' instead of 'Republican' as compared to other candidates who use Republican. Why would anyone do this?

Any theories?

Thankyou

Matt Collins
06-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but can anyone explain if there is a difference between using GOP as identifying your affiliation versus using Republican?

Dino Rossi is running for Governor in Washington State, and his preference is 'GOP' instead of 'Republican' as compared to other candidates who use Republican. Why would anyone do this?

Any theories?

Thankyou
My guess is that the word "Republican" has a negative connotation to it, ESPECIALLY after Bush. But that's just a guess.