PDA

View Full Version : State of the Message of Ron Paul

Alien11
08-25-2007, 04:41 AM
This is my first post to the forum although I have been lurking around for a few months keeping daily tabs thanks to dailypaul and this site. I believe in RP's message down to the core and am a very avid supporter.

From what I have seen in the past few days on the forum has really bothered me. It seems to me that some members have lost the message of RP. Now I am not pointing any fingers and I am not blaming anyone. I am just saying sometimes the message tends to deviate from the original intent over time like many do. The one thing that all RP supporters need to know and need to realize is that this is a REVOLUTION and for a revolution to work we need to keep the same principals and ideas with us at all times. For a revolution to work, in other words, we need unity and need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and fight for what we believe in, in order to save our great nation.

RP has stood for that his entire time in Congress and his private life. His consistency and conviction is why many of you found his ideas, reasons and solutions to be so endearing to you and why you support him as a candidate. What we want is true freedom and not the kind of freedom that is spoon fed to you by our current politicians (other than RP) in office.

So I ask you, no I implore all RP supporters to grow even stronger bonds than before. I know we all don't agree on all issues but we are working toward the same goal and that is to save America. I remember many people said months ago this campaign isn't about Ron Paul, it is about making current and future generations come to realize about our faults and possible, yes possible, solutions for those faults in the present day. I know this message may be obvious, but i believe it needs to be said every once in a while as a friendly reminder.

john_anderson_ii
08-25-2007, 05:30 AM
You needn't worry. The message of Ron Paul is what motivates us all. The debate in this forum is healthy, if heated, and very open.

When needed, we put aside these problems and answer the call with clockwork efficiency. One of the basic principles of freedom is open debate. I wouldn't change that for all the unity in the world.

You'll witness it here. Maybe even partake in it here. But don't think for a second that we won't drop our debates and lay the full weight of the revolution upon anyone that's in need of good dose of liberty. That's not a promise, it's a record.

The major issues of the past few days have been overzealous moderators moving discussions around to avoid confusion. In all actuality the problems with the last few days can be explained with one simple law: "Don't mess with the revolution, let it run it's course. "

In short, jump in, grab hold, and keep moving forward. We do it together because of our differences, not in spite of them.

Alien11
08-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Very well put I may say. I am hoping that people like you and all of these RP supporters will think this way. I am all for healthy debate and ready to inflict the revolution from where I am, (in Japan btw), trust me I have already spread the message throughout my family and I am pleased to say they are all behind him. I know we RP people are a loyal bunch no matter where we are. Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Let me ask you a question - you say you are an AVID supporter - but are you an ACTIVE supporter? Are you waiting in the wings, in real life, as well?

foofighter20x
08-25-2007, 07:40 AM
That's a good question for everyone, Sematary.

We need more than simple summer soldiers and the sunshine patriots.

We need those who are going to stick to the fight through thick and thin.

Too much is at stake to just sit there and warm the bench.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 07:44 AM

THAT is what I'm talking about!

Sematary
08-25-2007, 07:45 AM

So let me ask everyone - watch the main board. ;-)

constituent
08-25-2007, 07:45 AM
'i'm more ron paul than you are neener neener neener'

don't start fights moderator.

foofighter20x
08-25-2007, 07:48 AM
'i'm more ron paul than you are neener neener neener'

don't start fights moderator.

Who's starting a fight? :p

We aren't going to win this by sitting on our duffs reading the latest from Google News.

We need to get out and get active. It's not that difficult to do either.

constituent
08-25-2007, 08:00 AM
foo...

most people probably are active. most people realize the urgency. really though, we don't need more division. this type of behavior is precisely why [it seems to me] this person authored this thread.

then you go and do exactly what this individual is warning against, in the very thread.

alright everybody, line up Sematary and Foofighter are handing out ranks. You're a moderator Foofighter. What are you doing back there in Australia?

You know what, I don't care what you're doing in Australia. That's your business. Over here, this is my business. Let's enjoy each others company while it lasts, because when I walk away from the comp you will be the last thing from my mind. And you know what, I'll be telling everyone I meet about Ron Paul.

You?

Nevermind.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 08:07 AM
foo...

most people probably are active. most people realize the urgency. really though, we don't need more division. this type of behavior is precisely why [it seems to me] this person authored this thread.

then you go and do exactly what this individual is warning against, in the very thread.

alright everybody, line up Sematary and Foofighter are handing out ranks. You're a moderator Foofighter. What are you doing back there in Australia?

You know what, I don't care what you're doing in Australia. That's your business. Over here, this is my business. Let's enjoy each others company while it lasts, because when I walk away from the comp you will be the last thing from my mind. And you know what, I'll be telling everyone I meet about Ron Paul.

You?

Nevermind.

We're trying to get people to DO something.
almost 800 meetup groups and tens of thousands of members and I see only a FEW, a very FEW, doing anything of any substance. Too many meetups are going nowhere due to poor leadership, or no leadership. There are people in some groups I've seen that are revolting and starting NEW meetups because the ones they were in were lethargic.
Many of us believe that the very future of our nation is at stake in this next election and cannot FATHOM how anyone can sit on their asses and do nothing to save the future. There are too many people who do nothing and wait for someone else to do it. We need people to move, now, and start talking to people, and handing out literature, and getting the message of freedom and liberty out to the masses, where Ron Paul is a NON ENTITY. Nobody in middle America knows who Ron Paul is and it is up to US to get them to know who he is.

Revolution9
08-25-2007, 09:29 AM
We're trying to get people to DO something..

Why are you acting like they aren't and need you and Foo to push it? I could fill half a page with what i have done in the last 48 hours and going to do in the next 24.. So what?? It feels like bragging to me. I have alot of peple around here.. Some people live in 1500 person towns.. Some out in the boondcks. They cannot comoete with my efforts at the numbers level..but their enthusiasm is not to be counted for less than mine. Someone may spend tew mnths lurking before makng a move.. At least they have all the collateral info down to do so with..

Best
Randy

Sematary
08-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Why are you acting like they aren't and need you and Foo to push it? I could fill half a page with what i have done in the last 48 hours and going to do in the next 24.. So what?? It feels like bragging to me. I have alot of peple around here.. Some people live in 1500 person towns.. Some out in the boondcks. They cannot comoete with my efforts at the numbers level..but their enthusiasm is not to be counted for less than mine. Someone may spend tew mnths lurking before makng a move.. At least they have all the collateral info down to do so with..

Best
Randy

It's not the people, such as yourself, and myself, and countless others, who ARE doing something that we are trying to reach. We don't HAVE months. The first primaries are in January and in many states, the last day to sign up as a Republican is MUCH sooner than that. People NEED to get out and get his name out to the people NOW. Time IS running short and those people who are waiting for something need to stop waiting.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 09:34 AM

Best
Randy

I live in the boondocks. I go to where the people are.

Craig_R
08-25-2007, 09:42 AM
We're trying to get people to DO something.
almost 800 meetup groups and tens of thousands of members and I see only a FEW, a very FEW, doing anything of any substance. Too many meetups are going nowhere due to poor leadership, or no leadership. There are people in some groups I've seen that are revolting and starting NEW meetups because the ones they were in were lethargic.
Many of us believe that the very future of our nation is at stake in this next election and cannot FATHOM how anyone can sit on their asses and do nothing to save the future. There are too many people who do nothing and wait for someone else to do it. We need people to move, now, and start talking to people, and handing out literature, and getting the message of freedom and liberty out to the masses, where Ron Paul is a NON ENTITY. Nobody in middle America knows who Ron Paul is and it is up to US to get them to know who he is.

you know you're right, I'm going to quit going to work, I'm gonna quit paying the mortgage, I'm going to quit mowing the lawn, I'm going to quit cleaning up after the flood, I'm going to quit doing all those things that keep my head above water. I'm going to be homeless but I'll have plenty of time to had out fliers.

thanks for guilting me into it.

Not everyone has the time or talents or funds to be a "major" player. People who do what they can and still support paul are no less worried about the future of our country. They most likely , like me, dont have much spare time, money, and "talents".

Syren123
08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
In the interest of getting things done for Ron Paul (right now is big $ fundraising), I have to endure some of the weirdest behavior I've ever seen...stuff in my normal life I'd put up with for 5 seconds. The key is to let it go and move on. I don't need to be right about stuff...I just want things to get done. I also don't have to be applauded and recognized for every little thing I do, which is not the case for some people LOL.

If it weren't so vitally important to get this message out and if I didn't believe so strongly in Ron Paul, I wouldn't be working this hard, putting in so much time and spending so much money.

But it is and I do. And if you do, then just get on with it.