PDA

View Full Version : Paper instead of a speech this time...

LibertiORDeth
06-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I am writing a 1,000 word argumentative essay on Austrian Economics vs. Keynesian Economics, due in 4 days, I need some somewhat brief resources on both sides, any help?

mattc2345
06-05-2008, 08:33 PM
You are probably already aware but www.mises.org would be a good place to start.

LibertiORDeth
06-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks, anymore?

LibertiORDeth
06-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I made a thread a while ago about a topic similar to this and got some good information but none of it was quite detailed enough.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126162

LibertiORDeth
06-06-2008, 08:31 PM
bump

LibertiORDeth
06-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Any help?

AutoDas
06-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Mises has their own forums but since there's a deadline just search their forums for a similar topic. Those members completely destroy Keynes thoughts.

LibertiORDeth
06-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Mises has their own forums but since there's a deadline just search their forums for a similar topic. Those members completely destroy Keynes thoughts.

Alright good idea.

LibertiORDeth
06-07-2008, 06:16 PM
I read on an article on Mises.org that although Keynesians claim that Laissez-Faire Economics is "old fashioned", Keynes' beliefs date back to medieval times. Could someone explain this?

LibertiORDeth
06-07-2008, 06:48 PM

I looked but it is hard to find what I am looking for.

AutoDas
06-07-2008, 07:09 PM
If you post specific and few questions then members there will answer what you're looking for.

LibertiORDeth
06-07-2008, 07:13 PM
If you post specific and few questions then members there will answer what you're looking for.

Alright.

What, in a couple of paragraphs, is laissez-faire/classical/austrian economics? What is Keynesian Economics? Is Monetarism a form of classical economics, or is it a third perspective? Why is Keynesian economics wrong? How are Keynesian beliefs rooted in medieval times? Anything else I should ask to write this paper?

LibertiORDeth
06-07-2008, 07:32 PM
And why do they say that a national debt is good for the country?

LibertiORDeth
06-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Do I have to keep bumping this? :(

Andrew-Austin
06-07-2008, 07:57 PM
If your familiar with torrents, search the names "Mises", "Rothbard", etc. on torrent websites.

LibertiORDeth
06-07-2008, 07:59 PM
If your familiar with torrents, search the names "Mises", "Rothbard", etc. on torrent websites.

Nope, heard of em but am not familiar with them.

Andrew-Austin
06-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Nope, heard of em but am not familiar with them.

Well if your familiar with person to person file-sharing programs like limewire, its kind of like that but better. Download the utorrent program, and search "torrent search" in google.

I've downloaded plenty of whole books, movies, etc using torrents. You can download Ron Paul's new book in audio format (don't worry I've bought some hard copies lol) and I've also downloaded a couple of Rothbard's books.

LibertiORDeth
06-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Well if your familiar with person to person file-sharing programs like limewire, its kind of like that but better. Download the utorrent program, and search "torrent search" in google.

I've downloaded plenty of whole books, movies, etc using torrents. You can download Ron Paul's new book in audio format (don't worry I've bought some hard copies lol) and I've also downloaded a couple of Rothbard's books.

How does this program stand with filling your computer with viruses/worms/Trojan horses?

Andrew-Austin
06-07-2008, 08:21 PM
How does this program stand with filling your computer with viruses/worms/Trojan horses?

I have not gotten any of that crap, it seems to be pretty safe.

When your looking at the page for a particular "torrent", people can report if there is anything wrong with the files. You can look at the file type, so if its just a bundle of MP3's or PDF's you know things will be fine.

LibertiORDeth
06-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Ok thanks but we are getting off topic, and I still need help on my paper. So far I have

"Laissez-Faire Economics vs. Keynesian Economics
Laissez-Faire Economics, (aka Austrian Economics, Classical Economics) is old fashioned. Followers of that system lack the mathematical equations to be able to make sound decisions. Times have changed, thus making this economic philosophy archaic and useless. Inflation is good for the dollar, due to the fact that it expands the economy and increases production, and a national deficit is good for the country.
Or at least, that’s what the followers of John Maynard Keynes say. Actually, this belief system dates back centuries, to the medieval belief that the King was empowered by God, and that his decisions were infallible. The modern theory of this form of economist is that the government can do no evil, and that a large government is necessary for the establishment of a peaceful, prosperous society. Keynes, a British economist who believed that higher governmental control of the market would be beneficial to the country and advocated not only a national central bank, as we have in the Federal Reserve Bank, but a world bank, in order to establish a one-world currency.
In contrast, Classical economists believe that the less government intervention in the marketplace the better. They believe that human behavior is to volatile and easily changed to be turned into mathematical formulas, i.e. there is no way to determine whether Mr. X will chose product A over product B, or that he will chose product C over A and B. Because of this, you cannot control the economy, or determine future purchasing/consumption patterns.
Keynes economics would work quite well if you didn’t account for human actions, which would be effective if we were robots without the ability to think. However, this is not the case, and we cannot determine our beliefs based on this flawed method of thinking.
"