PDA

View Full Version : PHP programmer wanted - PA area preferred

69chevy
06-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I am looking for an experienced PHP/MySQL developer to help me build an interactive online site. The goal of the project is to build an online community where people in a local area can find out whats going on in their area. It's going to be something like a online newspaper. At first, there will be no politics involved, just networking, revenue generation, and building up the sites reputation. When the time is right, I will be working to put Ron Paul republicans or any other liberty minded candidates into local offices. The papers around here don't really give news, as much as they just repeat what the corporate media puts out. I'm not too concerned about the federal government, my goal is to mainly influence where I live and work.

I have already built the basic framework and got a plan down, but I can't take on a project of this magnitude solo. If you are an experienced PHP/MySQL programmer and reside in Central PA, PM me for more info if your interested. If you don't live in the area, but want to still help, and maybe launch a similar site in your area once we have a finished product, that would be cool too.

Oyate
06-14-2008, 02:47 AM
I am looking for an experienced PHP/MySQL developer

OK, I'm a developer and I got a PHP/MySQL guy. I pay him $45/hour. He's really good and he's a nice guy.

If you want to know how much your project will cost, then I have to get involved and your cost just went up at least 20%. That's what it takes me to get involved. That means your $45/hour just went to $65/hour.

I give you his contact info on one condition. Just pay him what he says you owe him. That will get you best value. And he's the sweetest guy in the world. My kids call him "Uncle Mike".

So I'll give you my resource at best value but I swear by Gods, it's so easy to abuse a geek, you don't always know when you are doing it, but if you do, you risk me coming with a vengeance.

We are the geeks of the movement. Often we give ourselves away for free but we have families and kids too. And for quality, you pay.