PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the police are getting ready for the March in DC....

wgadget
06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
:eek:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/04/AR2008060402205_pf.html

asgardshill
06-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Kinda like living in a gated community in reverse. I'll bet the retailers in Trinidad are going to be thrilled about this one.

RideTheDirt
06-05-2008, 04:47 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=141504

IChooseLiberty
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
It's not because of the march :rolleyes: It's due to the insane amount of recent murders in DC

Deborah K
06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
As I have stated elsewhere: Sounds like it is for certain high-crime neighborhoods and not the site seeing sections of D.C. like the monuments, etc. We have all the proper permits to put this on and have established a very good working relationship with the various police depts. It'll be fine. This is a family oriented event with a great-grandfather as the keynote speaker. :)

james1844
06-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I GUARANTEE you those checkpoints will not be effective. The bulk of homicide victims are killed by individuals know to them, e.g. spouses, acquaintances, etc. The objective of the police checkpoints are to screen the automobile traffic for "outsiders" , this belies the factual reality of homicide today. If most people are killed by those known to them, then screening for "outsiders" will not prevent homicide.

For those of you who don't know it, the neighborhood where the checkpoints are being held is predominately minority.

Here is another interesting fact for you - every major incidence of civil disturbance in the US over the past 50 years has been preceded by police interactions with minority males.

E.g. these checkpoints are the kind of things that cause riots to occur.

I am quickly loosing respect for Cathy Lanier, the DC chief of police. Major Fenty made a very poor decision in hiring her.

Best,

James

yongrel
06-05-2008, 07:34 PM
For some strange reason, I suspect this has more to do with DC's insane murder rate than it does with a few of us showing up with bullhorns.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-05-2008, 07:39 PM
This has nothing to do with us and it should not effect any portion of our proposed march route or rally locations. I started a thread on this subject this morning because I know there will be others who will be driving in that morning from MD,DE,VA,PA etc and those of us who are familiar with the area and who may travel through that way may want to take an alternate route to avoid getting caught up in any of this. The other reason I started this is because high crime neighborhood or not, this just screams of "papers please" to me.

mediahasyou
06-05-2008, 07:42 PM
DC has the most crime in the nation. Federalism, simply, does not work.

yaz
06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
DC has the most crime in the nation. Federalism, simply, does not work.

For some reason that reminds me of the movie Minority Report, lol.

Knightskye
06-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Hahahahaha! Check this out!

"I knew eventually we'd be a police state," said Wilhelmina Lawson, who has lived in the neighborhood for 20 years. "They don't talk to us, they're not community minded."

And her last name's "Lawson". I just found that funny. Wonder if she's related to B.J.?

moostraks
06-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Give us your guns...then papers please. Ugh!! What a mess. My heart goes out to those who are in the middle of this fiasco and would like to just live unmolested from thugs, government employed or otherwise.