PDA

View Full Version : Local 6 News 'Water-Running' Car Gets 100 Miles To The Ounce, Inventor Says

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Certainly not the first guy who figured out how to run his car on water but ...... I hope he doesn't get "Stan Meyered" :eek:

'Water-Running' Car Gets 100 Miles To The Ounce, Inventor Says

http://www.local6.com/news/16488151/detail.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Florida man has created a car he claims runs on tap water.

"I'm getting 100 miles to the ounce on water," inventor Anthony Brown said.

Brown said he shut his fuel injection system down and created the system that can use any type of water with a small amount of gas. He said the car is getting just fuel vapor.

"When you separate the water from the oxygen from the hydrogen, it cooks and it cooks down to a brown," Brown said. "We're not having any waste product off of it. Everything is consumed and burned."

Local 6 showed video of Brown filling up his vehicle with water and then driving around.

Brown said any profit he makes from his invention will go toward helping missionaries around the world.

"I've just been asking for a way, for the Lord to show me to raise money rapidly and I started to working on this idea," Brown said.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

asgardshill
06-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I'd hate to be this guy's life insurance carrier.

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 04:45 PM
I'd hate to be this guy's life insurance carrier.

No kidding. "Dead man walking, dead man walking, dead man walking" is on auto replay in my brain :eek:.

RideTheDirt
06-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I want one of those!.I wonder if it damages the engine?Probably wastes a lot of energy...

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Probably wastes a lot of energy...

Huh? Please explain. I'm certainly no expert but I would assume 100 miles per ounce of water is less energy consuming than, say, 100 miles per 5 gallons of gas.

orafi
06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm actually trying to make my own from an instructional ebook my friend gave me.

Thing is a mind f**k.

RideTheDirt
06-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Huh? Please explain. I'm certainly no expert but I would assume 100 miles per ounce of water is less energy consuming than, say, 100 miles per 5 gallons of gas.
I'm just not sure if is a waste of something more important than oil, which is water.

mudsling3
06-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Wow, this is a news report? where is the 5 ws? For those who are curious, google electrolysis

Drknows
06-05-2008, 05:15 PM
This is the future. The Air Car. Its suppose to hit the market this Summer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqpGZv0YT4

requires no gas.

Danke
06-05-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm actually trying to make my own from an instructional ebook my friend gave me.

Thing is a mind f**k.

Me too. I can never get mine started on humid days. :mad:

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 05:24 PM
This is the future. The Air Car. Its suppose to hit the market this Summer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqpGZv0YT4

requires no gas.

That would explain the big push to shove the "carbon tax" down our throats. Need to have that in place before they can unveil a product that runs on air for free.

OptionsTrader
06-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Water-Running' Car Gets 100 Miles To The Ounce, Inventor Says

Bullshit, I say.

RideTheDirt
06-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Air car looks like shit.Maybe its been improved HEAVILY since that video was made

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Wow, this is a news report? where is the 5 ws?

Seriously bad report considering the implications of the invention. They must not of had enough time because they were in a hurry to report Charlie Sheen's new marriage or something.

OptionsTrader
06-05-2008, 05:31 PM
You see these thermodynamically impossible stunts in the news everyday, usually associated with scam investment opportunities. Why you feel the need to post this rubbish on a political forum is beyond me.

Deborah K
06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.water4gas.com/2books.htm Check this out.

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 05:42 PM
http://www.water4gas.com/2books.htm Check this out.

Water as fuel is definately nothing new. There are people wo have been doing it for decades now. It's "suppressed" technology so we sheeple can keep lining the pockets of the NWO (global elite, shadow government, or whatever term a person prefers).

Raditude
06-05-2008, 05:43 PM
What I wanna know is if the water is destroyed, or somehow replenished back into the environment. Make too many of these cars, we could have a water shortage.

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Air car looks like shit.Maybe its been improved HEAVILY since that video was made

I wouldn't care if it was made from shit as long as I could quit paying $4 per gallon for gas :p

Carehn
06-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Water-Running' Car Gets 100 Miles To The Ounce, Inventor Says

Bullshit, I say.

yep. Its named perpetual motion and it is impossible. You cannot cut an apple and get 2 parts that = more then one apple. You can not have something that creates more "energy" then it uses.

Energy can only be transformed not made.

Yes hydrogen is in watter but it will take an equal amount or more energy to split the shit then you can get out of it.

You have to burn something. I hope I'm wrong but i don't think i am.

Carehn
06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
p.s. No Free Lunch.

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
What I wanna know is if the water is destroyed, or somehow replenished back into the environment. Make too many of these cars, we could have a water shortage.

Stan Meyers engine ran on ocean water or tap water if I remember correctly. Hard to imagine running out of ocean water anytime soon. Perhaps using up ocean water could be the solution to those melting iceberg they say will raise the sea levels and wipe out all the coastal cities that the Global Warming alarmists keep threatening us with :cool:.

Drknows
06-05-2008, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't care if it was made from shit as long as I could quit paying $4 per gallon for gas :p

No joke Ill drive a pink clown car to work if it saves me half of my paycheck every week.

I always wondered why they make them so ugly. I'm sure they could put a normal looking fiber glass body on it. I think MDI is just making the engines then plans to sell them to diffrent car manufacturers.

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 06:10 PM
No joke Ill drive a pink clown car to work if it saves me half of my paycheck every week.

ROFL...pink clown car :D The days of my car being an extention of my self worth went out the door at $3.00 per gallon :)

aravoth
06-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Certainly not the first guy who figured out how to run his car on water but ...... I hope he doesn't get "Stan Meyered" :eek:

'Water-Running' Car Gets 100 Miles To The Ounce, Inventor Says

http://www.local6.com/news/16488151/detail.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Florida man has created a car he claims runs on tap water.

"I'm getting 100 miles to the ounce on water," inventor Anthony Brown said.

Brown said he shut his fuel injection system down and created the system that can use any type of water with a small amount of gas. He said the car is getting just fuel vapor.

"When you separate the water from the oxygen from the hydrogen, it cooks and it cooks down to a brown," Brown said. "We're not having any waste product off of it. Everything is consumed and burned."

Local 6 showed video of Brown filling up his vehicle with water and then driving around.

Brown said any profit he makes from his invention will go toward helping missionaries around the world.

"I've just been asking for a way, for the Lord to show me to raise money rapidly and I started to working on this idea," Brown said.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

This is not his invention. There are groups of people in washington, oregon, california, and montana that developed this same shit years ago. You can get the book, and the parts for less than 200 bucks. The guy is claimig credit for something he did not invent.

PatriotOne
06-05-2008, 07:03 PM
This is not his invention. There are groups of people in washington, oregon, california, and montana that developed this same shit years ago. You can get the book, and the parts for less than 200 bucks. The guy is claimig credit for something he did not invent.

Got a link handy where the book and parts handy? I may just have to go have a talk with my mechanic. A couple years ago he took a car and turned it into a boat. He'd probably be willing to experiment with this :)

aravoth
06-05-2008, 07:03 PM
yep. Its named perpetual motion and it is impossible. You cannot cut an apple and get 2 parts that = more then one apple. You can not have something that creates more "energy" then it uses.

Energy can only be transformed not made.

Yes hydrogen is in watter but it will take an equal amount or more energy to split the shit then you can get out of it.

You have to burn something. I hope I'm wrong but i don't think i am.

He's ionizing the water by running a current through it. Then he runs the vapor through his air intake into the combustion chamber. That's how he gets past the timing problem, he doesn't have to go through the injectors.

Yeah it takes energy to Ionize, but not very much, you can do it right off your car battery. He doesn't need to produce a lot of it since hydrogen burns so hot. Thats what he means when he says he gets a "complete" burn. It's not so much that Hydrogen is powering the car, it's just allowing his car to burn 90-100% of his gasoline in the combustion chamber. That allows him to use less gas since the average vehicle burns only about 30% of it's gasoline in the combustion chamber, with the remaining 70% being burned out through the exhaust system.

In short, he is wasting nothing. Now if he wises up and figures out that you don't need as much Oxygen coming through the intake anymore, since the burn is smaller, he could increase his mileage even more.

mudsling3
06-05-2008, 07:32 PM
the basic principle is eletrolysis...done in my junior high chemistry lab. Hydrogen gas is very volatile, explosive stuff. I can see it got some benefit as an additive to burn hotter and cleaner if done under controlled and safe condition.

pcosmar
06-05-2008, 08:11 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Did anyone take a chemistry class in school?
Do you have any more than the vaguest idea how an internal combustion engine works?

I know these are desperate times and the fuel costs are getting to everybody, But come on.
Get real. Read some, study, learn. Hydrogen power works, but not like that.
There ain't no magic beans kid.

OptionsTrader
06-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Some peole think they can build a device that can break covalent hydrogen bonds freeing hydrogen and then burning that hydrogen to break more covalent bonds.

pcosmar
06-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Some peole think they can build a device that can break covalent hydrogen bonds freeing hydrogen and then burning that hydrogen to break more covalent bonds.

Hydrogen IS usable. and there are ways to do it.
But burning water is bullshit. A SCAM, flim-flam.
You just don't get something for nothing.

Now using Boron to liberate Hydrogen would be an option.
There is still the problem of getting the infrastructure in place.

mattc2345
06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Hydrogen powered things I think are still a long long long time away. I've been seeing articles here and there for 15 years or more saying its right around the corner.

driller80545
06-05-2008, 08:55 PM
I am going to try it. Never been one to take the word of naysayers, always have to see for myself.

Danke
06-05-2008, 09:01 PM
But burning water is bullshit. A SCAM, flim-flam.
You just don't get something for nothing.

Well I haven't been able to achieve 100 mpo yet. But ~92 is routinely happening if the humidity is low.

driller80545
06-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Why do you get better results with low humidity?

Danke
06-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Why do you get better results with low humidity?

I'm not sure, that wasn't addressed in my ebook. Neither were the starting problems.

driller80545
06-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Electrolysis must be effected by humidity, leaning the mixture. I wonder if a small fan might help? Or a vented enclosure for the bottle. There are anti humidity things for boats that might be adaptable. Curious!

RideTheDirt
06-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I am going to try it. Never been one to take the word of naysayers, always have to see for myself.
If you do, will you tell me how it turns out?I want to try it but i do not want to destroy my engine, but I have a friend w/ a lot of cars, so we might convert one just to test this out.

driller80545
06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't think there is any danger of destroying an engine. I have been reluctant because of the possibility that it probably doesn't work. But gas has gotten high enough now that I must do something and this seems to be a cheap try. Lots of testimonials on the internet, so maybe it is legitimate. I am going to see.

Carehn
06-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok guys i got some beach front property i need to ditch for cheap in West Dakota. Any takers only $3 an acre

driller80545
06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Are you selling the mineral rights? Might be a diamond in the rough.

Danke
06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Ok guys i got some beach front property i need to ditch for cheap in West Dakota. Any takers only $3 an acre

With all the money I have been saving on my water running car, I just might be able to scape enough together to take you up on your offer.