PDA

View Full Version : Moral compass off track

Ron Paul Vermont
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/05/ignored.hitrun.ap/index.html

Sad, sick, I need a thesarus..... No word to desribe it.

SeanEdwards
06-05-2008, 03:47 PM
It's the gubmints job to sweep bodies out of the street.

Edit: Hit and run drivers should be punished by being run over by a car themselves.

Jeremy
06-05-2008, 03:57 PM
This happened in my state? :|

(and yongrel's and MRoCkEd's)

James Madison
06-05-2008, 04:04 PM
What'd you expect? Someone to help him? That's so 18th century.

malkusm
06-05-2008, 04:04 PM
"...[W]e have bought into the soul-killing logic of the welfare state: somebody else is doing it for me. I don't need to give of myself, since a few scribbles on a tax form fulfill my responsibility toward my fellow man. Do our responsibilities as human beings really extend no farther than this?"

-Ron Paul, "The Revolution, A Manifesto" (pp. 85)

phixion
06-05-2008, 04:09 PM
How could those people not rustle up 1 cell phone call between them or run in to a local shop and request to use their phone?

Are they mindless, or something?

Pete

James Madison
06-05-2008, 04:13 PM

Yes.

Dorfsmith
06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
"...[W]e have bought into the soul-killing logic of the welfare state: somebody else is doing it for me. I don't need to give of myself, since a few scribbles on a tax form fulfill my responsibility toward my fellow man. Do our responsibilities as human beings really extend no farther than this?"

-Ron Paul, "The Revolution, A Manifesto" (pp. 85)

Quoted For Truth!

SeanEdwards
06-05-2008, 04:15 PM
There's actually a hell of a lot pressure to not be involved. In anything. Sticking yourself out there, involving yourself, takes a lot of courage these days. I'm terrified of coming under the scrutiny of the state. The soulless machinery of the state grinds people up and destroys them without a second thought.

Go help a stranger, and pretty soon police are going to be asking you questions. Looking into your finances. Trying to find some way to squeeze a fine out of you, or punish you for something. It's all tied together in this system of state authority we've built up.

It's like the scenes you see in the African savanna, where predators are attacking some herbivore. The other herbivores stand around in a huge herd watching impassively. Their primary defense is to stay in the herd and pray they are not focused on by the predators (state power).

Dorfsmith
06-05-2008, 04:20 PM
There's actually a hell of a lot pressure to not be involved. In anything. Sticking yourself out there, involving yourself, takes a lot of courage these days. I'm terrified of coming under the scrutiny of the state. The soulless machinery of the state grinds people up and destroys them without a second thought.

Go help a stranger, and pretty soon police are going to be asking you questions. Looking into your finances. Trying to find some way to squeeze a fine out of you, or punish you for something. It's all tied together in this system of state authority we've built up.

It's like the scenes you see in the African savanna, where predators are attacking some herbivore. The other herbivores stand around in a huge herd watching impassively. Their primary defense is to stay in the herd and pray they are not focused on by the predators (state power).

Not just that. Remember the guy a few years back who got sued for saving some guys life in a car accident? Something along the lines of you saved my life but I'm paralyzed so you owe me everything you got...:(

SeanEdwards
06-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Not just that. Remember the guy a few years back who got sued for saving some guys life in a car accident? Something along the lines of you saved my life but I'm paralyzed so you owe me everything you got...:(

Exactly!

Why didn't you help me faster? Why didn't you do this, or that.

Nobody should be shocked when the end result is people saying to themselves, "I'm getting the fuck out of here before the cops show up."

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-05-2008, 04:24 PM
In my expert opinion, THIS [the accident] is greatly due to:

a) 'pedestrians have the right-of-way'
b) 'pedestrians have to use cross walks'

The FACT that we have these two laws IS a large reason why...

a) the pedestrian (and the public in general) have become
dumb to their personal responsibility for their own safety
b) why drivers have become dumb to their personal responsibility
for looking out for pedestrians

THIS is the downside of most any traffic law!
And is the reason why my life's mission is to
evolve society and repeal most of these stupid
traffic laws.

Hunter

p.s. But the people in power will just use it to create more laws
and stiffer penalties.

p.p.s. The dumbing down of bystanders is also due to the
programming that we get, which is directly and indirectly
related to laws like this.

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Exactly!

Nobody should be shocked when the end result is people saying to themselves, "I'm getting the fuck out of here before the cops show up."

exactly!!!

revolutionary8
06-05-2008, 04:39 PM
How could those people not rustle up 1 cell phone call between them or run in to a local shop and request to use their phone?

Pete
From the article:

"We have no regard for each other," said Chief Daryl Roberts, who on Wednesday released the video in hopes of making an arrest in the accident that left Angel Arce Torres in critical condition.

However, Roberts and other city officials backtracked on Thursday. After initially saying he was unsure whether anyone called 911, he and other city officials appeared at a news conference in which they said that four people dialed 911 within a minute of the accident, and that Torres received medical attention shortly after that.

"This moved too quickly," said Calixto Torres, City Council president. "People were putting information out too quickly."
SeanEdwards wrote:

Exactly!

exactly.