PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr Libertarian Support Thread to Further the Message of Ron Paul

tonesforjonesbones
06-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I created this thread for Ron Paul supporters who have chosen to back Bob Barr and the Libertarian Party. Maybe we can come up with a strategy to assist him get elected and / or assist the Libertarian Party to become a real player in future elections.

svf
06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
First and foremost, Bob needs some serious cash in order to get ballot access and afford advertising.

I don't know if the whole "moneybomb" thing will work for him, but if there is a viable one we should all get on board with it.

Otherwise we should give early and give often.

tonesforjonesbones
06-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Are there any Bob Barr Meet ups yet? I saw on the LP website they are calling for meet ups to start. Also, youtube could be used to create a Money Bomb. I wonder if we should call it something else? Money Bomb is so familiar with everyone though. YOu know, that guy , Trevor Lyman just did it on his own..there is nothing saying we couldn't do it also if someone wants to make a youtube video, come up with a theme and set a date and amount. Why dont we just do it! What could be the theme? Who is good at creating youtube videos...This is something we could set up right away..and perhaps be ready for the big day in six weeks?

svf
06-05-2008, 03:21 PM
http://www.bobbarrmoneybomb.com/

Proposes a July 4 moneybomb for Barr. Not a great idea to do it on a national holiday, but I guess it's a start. No idea how many people have pledged.

http://barr08.falklands.org/

This guy proposes a July 12 Barr moneybomb. It seems poorly organized and unlikely to be successful.

ARealConservative
06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
;)

Alex Libman
06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Bob Barr is the only choice, unfortunately, so I am supporting him.

If Mary Ruwart or others ran as independents and got on the ballot in my state, I'd support them instead.

tonesforjonesbones
06-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Wow...I dunno about either of them? What do you think? The first guy has "I love this bar" as his music...maybe he's connecting that song to Bob Barr lol...kinda funny though.

tonesforjonesbones
06-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Anyone good with making videos? Those two money bombs ..well I don't think they will catch on ..any other ideas on those moneybomb sites? We need something dynamic lol..like lyman did, or does anyone want to support either of the ones listed? Whats the consensus? :o

tonesforjonesbones
06-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I didn't see anything on that first site about how much to pledge . If someone could make a youtube video we could pass the link around. etc

svf
06-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Anyone good with making videos?

can't help there, I'm afraid... Hell, I can barely post on message boards...

tonesforjonesbones
06-05-2008, 04:08 PM
LOL... I could make one but maybe we can support the July 4 moneybomb since the guy already has one posted. You are right...it's a start. I am looking for Bob Barr Meet ups and I can't find any so far.

AgentPaul001
06-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Agreed, I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but I think Barr is a much better candidate then McCain or Clinton and if I can't have Ron Paul, I'll take just about anything else at this point.