PDA

View Full Version : "McCain is a coward" says Ron Paul Assistant Organizer

Matt Collins
06-05-2008, 02:48 PM
06/05/08 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

“McCain is a coward for avoiding questions”
says local Ron Paul Assistant Organizer.

Following Senator John McCain’s visit to Nashville on Monday June 2nd, 2008, Former Nashville Assistant Ron Paul Organizer declares “McCain [is] a coward for sidestepping and muddling answers to questions” at the town hall meeting in the Ryman Auditorium earlier this week.

Senator McCain was first asked a question by a member of the audience “"what or who is the supreme authority in your life, and how will it be evident in your presidency"?”. McCain responded by telling a story of a sympathetic guard in the POW camp where he was imprisoned and finished with “that’s the one person I’ve always wanted to see again” before moving on to the next question. The question about his faith was not directly answered but instead sidestepped by taking the audience on a journey of his experience as a POW.

Former Nashville Assistant Ron Paul Organizer Matt Collins states “although I don’t care what religion or faith McCain subscribes to, he is a coward for not answering the question. If he didn’t want to respond then he should’ve said so and moved on to the next question. Instead he tried to trick the crowd by using underhanded oratory tactics that avoided giving a straight answer”

Senator McCain also used similar tactics when asked about his stance on immigration. After jumping to the previous question, fumbling around, and then coming back to the immigration question he stated, “all of us are created equal”.

Former Nashville Assistant Ron Paul Organizer Matt Collins discusses Senator McCain’s response “I think it’s pretty obvious his answer shows that he is pro-illegal immigration and has a desire for amnesty”. Collins also states “McCain knows that both faith and illegal immigration are hot topics here in Nashville and his response to these direct questions prove that he does not have respect for Nashvillians or he would’ve answered them head-on. It is also disconcerting that a Senator and a man running for President would ‘wimp-out’ in this situation and it’s ironic Senator McCain uses the slogan “Straight Talk” when he doesn’t have enough resolve to answer questions like this. How can he function as President?”.

Collins concluded his statement with “Since I refuse to vote for a slick liberal regardless of their party affiliation, Senator McCain will not be getting my vote”. Like many other disenfranchised Republicans Collins is still unsure if he will vote for the Libertarian candidate Bob Barr, the Constitutional candidate Chuck Baldwin, write-in Congressman Ron Paul, or simply sit out the November election.

Matt Collins was a key player in the Nashville grassroots campaign for Ron Paul as an Assistant Organizer during the Presidential Primary season. He considers himself a conservative-leaning libertarian. The Nashville Ron Paul Meetup Group does not represent, nor is it affiliated with, the official Ron Paul 2008 presidential campaign. The Nashville Meetup Group was founded May 17, 2007, and is part of the Meetup.com online community. The group currently has 820 members. Group members participate in local and national events to promote the message of Presidential Candidate Ron Paul, whose positions include support for the Constitution and the promotion of personal liberty for all Americans.

Matt Collins can be reached for questions or an interview by contacting:
Matt@UltraSonicDesigns.com

Recorded audio of these two questions can be found to here:

http://www.7616millbridge.com/temp/McCain_sidesteps_answer_on_faith.mp3

and

http://www.7616millbridge.com/temp/McCain_wants_amnesty.mp3

###

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Way to go Matt, that was good reading, hell you were being to nice;)

Matt Collins
06-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Way to go Matt, that was good reading, hell you were being to nice;)

Copy, paste. Spread it far and wide.

Perhaps we can throw some light on this.

Rhys
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
hit him with it!

if you release it with that headline at PRNewswire.com, it will get picked up at least in the blogs

Matt Collins
06-05-2008, 03:07 PM
hit him with it!

if you release it with that headline at PRNewswire.com, it will get picked up at least in the blogsHow do I sign up with PRN?

Rhys
06-05-2008, 03:11 PM
How do I sign up with PRN?

with money

ronpaulhawaii
06-05-2008, 03:14 PM
This looks great Matt, Good Job and here is to hoping someone picks it up.

IIRC - you were part of the media outlet listing threads, right?

StilesBC
06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Whatever you make the headline, ensure that Paul is not inferred. Lest it be buried with the rest of them.

In fact, make it sound like Democrats are the ones doing it.

Something like " "McCain a coward," says opposition organizer. "

Matt Collins
06-05-2008, 03:20 PM
with moneyI don't have any money for this. If someone has a PRN account and would post this that would be great.

Rhys
Whatever you make the headline, ensure that Paul is not inferred. Lest it be buried with the rest of them.

In fact, make it sound like Democrats are the ones doing it.

Something like " "McCain a coward," says opposition organizer. "

no way!

this is strife which means the MSM thinks it's news. the headline in it's current form is what makes it work. 'opposition' is weak.

ps- he talks about how the NVA wanted to use him as propaganda... he recorded dozens of anti-American propaganda tapes.

Matt Collins
This looks great Matt, Good Job and here is to hoping someone picks it up.

IIRC - you were part of the media outlet listing threads, right?Only for a couple of places - CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS.

SnappleLlama
06-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Awesome! Way to give the McCain beatdown!!

Rhys
06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Only for a couple of places - CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS.

that is the alternative. it's free to do it yourself.

it's a couple hundred dollars... if you can get donations from the meetup or a chipin.

Matt Collins
06-05-2008, 03:30 PM
it's a couple hundred dollars... if you can get donations from the meetup or a chipin.Surely someone in the grassroots has a PRN account?

phixion
06-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Gawd. People need to start confronting politicians who don't answer questions.

That guy who asked his question after the immigration one which McCain didnt' even touch, just rambled on about something else from a previous question,,, that guy should of give McCain extra time to answer the question on illegal immigration before asking his on healthcare.

"Sir, you didn't appear to answer the previous ladies question, therfore I will politely request you to before I ask my question as I believe the audience deserves to know where you stand"

What's wrong with people?

Why didn't anyone in the crowd shout 'Answer the question please, Senator' - with others joining in, even if it meant the whole crowd turning on him and it all ending in a ruckus.

Sheesh.. to let him get away with not answering questions is more disgusting than him not answering them!

Pete

ronpaulhawaii
06-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Only for a couple of places - CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS.

Well, I know there is a huge list in here somewhere...

Does anyone know what the cost is for PRN? Could come in handy if no-one already has one...

As a side note, here are some scribbles from a lecture on press releases:

Press Releases

Short and sweet
Reporters generally do not want (have time) to read releases (local is better)
Have a media list - develop personal relationships
Send lots of them, whenever something happens
Mail them locally

Writing Style
Rarely longer than 1 page
Short sentances, short paragraphs
Use acive voice - "He fights" not "he is fighting"
Inverted pyramid (who, what, when - support(quote or why) - specifics)
Never editorialize - use quotes

Finish with boilerplate
Include
For immediate release - date - contact
Bio
Pics should be 8x10 B&W w/captions
End with -30 or ### or END

Distribution
only with approval
use odd sized and colored envelopes, hand written, use stamps
No senior HQ letterhead
Must make follow-up
KEEP A COPY!!!

For broadcast - triple space - time to read

kigol
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
:cool:

Rhys
06-05-2008, 05:00 PM
i dont think you need an account. i think you just pay per release.

Matt Collins
06-05-2008, 05:13 PM

That guy who asked his question after the immigration one which McCain didnt' even touch, just rambled on about something else from a previous question,,, that guy should of give McCain extra time to answer the question on illegal immigration before asking his on healthcare.

"Sir, you didn't appear to answer the previous ladies question, therfore I will politely request you to before I ask my question as I believe the audience deserves to know where you stand"

Why didn't anyone in the crowd shout 'Answer the question please, Senator' - with others joining in, even if it meant the whole crowd turning on him and it all ending in a ruckus.

Sheesh.. to let him get away with not answering questions is more disgusting than him not answering them!

I didn't even realize these two questions weren't answered until we were leaving the building. Me and two fellow Ron Paul supporters were on the way out and we just happened to be standing next to the kid who asked the religion question outside of the bathroom. The NPR chick comes up to him and starts asking him questions. And at that point we started to talk amongst ourselves and came to realize "hey - what WAS his answer on the immigration question" and "what DID he say about his faith?"

At that point I realized how good of a social engineer McCain is and how his oratory skills are superb at misdirecting the focus of the issue on to something different. He is a master at this apparently.

And that is unique, usually when I go see politicians speak, even if I don't agree with them, I typically gain respect for them as I have for Al Gore. However the more I think about McCain and how he skirted the issues and sidestepped things and manipulated the crowd the madder I get and the more it infuriates me.

satchelmcqueen
06-05-2008, 09:26 PM
OK, This gives me the go ahead. McCains going to get another youtube question from me Saturday. I need you guys to help spread it. Im gonna tell him what i think of him for dodging Paul and being a coward in this election. It might make some people think. Hopefully itll get on the news..."small town guy calls McCain a coward for dodging Ron Paul"...help me guys. Ill post the link saturday in a new thread. Lets nail the coward.

TruthisTreason
06-05-2008, 09:33 PM
So, his "gun guard" is his supreme authority? :eek:

He didn't even touch that immigration question.

devil21
06-05-2008, 09:39 PM

Pete

The sheep like warm and fuzzy stories about how McCain misses his POW captors. It's all about telling a long winded, heart warming story to make the masses forget the question that was asked.

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 12:05 PM
OK, This gives me the go ahead. McCains going to get another youtube question from me Saturday. I need you guys to help spread it. Im gonna tell him what i think of him for dodging Paul and being a coward in this election. It might make some people think. Hopefully itll get on the news..."small town guy calls McCain a coward for dodging Ron Paul"...help me guys. Ill post the link saturday in a new thread. Lets nail the coward.

See this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=141000

and then this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=140100

MMolloy
06-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Here goes a follow up question whenever he does his song and dance about captivity: Senator, maybe you could reply to some of the comments that former Congressman Bob Dornan and Senator Bob Smith -- both conservative republicans -- make about you in the video produced by Vietnam Veterans Against Jonn McCain? :confused:

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

tmosley
06-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Since he avoided the question, that makes me think that he is either a member of an unpopular religion, or an atheist. I think the latter is more likely.

mkeller
06-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Of course, Ron himself evaded the faith question at the Values Voters debate. :( Which also disappointed me . . .

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Of course, Ron himself evaded the faith question at the Values Voters debate. :( Which also disappointed me . . .What did Ron say?

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Since he avoided the question, that makes me think that he is either a member of an unpopular religion, or an atheist. I think the latter is more likely.Then he should have the guts to come out and say it!

Lord Xar
06-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Copy, paste. Spread it far and wide.

Perhaps we can throw some light on this.

Did he completely ignore the immigration question? Give me specifics on this, if you can.

Also, we should be going to ALL OF HIS TOWN HALL MEETINGS and asking him questions on illegal immigration - film it, or record it. This shill for special interests must be taken to task.

When he responded "we are all created equal", why didn't someone say "if that is the case, why are we bombing iraq. Why not open our borders and supply boat ferries from africa to here? etc.." you catch my drift. "This is not about equality under the creator, but about following laws. Allowing the american citizen to not bear the burden of a failed government." etc..

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Did he completely ignore the immigration question? Listen to it here:

http://www.7616millbridge.com/temp/McCain_wants_amnesty.mp3

When he responded "we are all created equal", why didn't someone say "if that is the case, why are we bombing iraq. Because he is such a good manipulator no one realized what he said until long after the event was over. He really is a slimy snake.

torchbearer
06-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, I know there is a huge list in here somewhere...

http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=44

torchbearer
06-06-2008, 06:58 PM
bump

mkeller
06-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Of course, Ron himself evaded the faith question at the Values Voters debate. :( Which also disappointed me . . .What did Ron say?

You can read it here (http://www.valuesvoterdebate.com/downloads/transcript.pdf) (it's a PDF; search for the phrase "Tell us about your personal faith and what it means to your life" for the candidates responses). Reading it again, I guess it doesn't sound as bad as I originally thought, but the other folks gave more direct responses, I thought. Ron mostly talked about the doctrine of a Just War, instead of his personal faith. :)