PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Flags/Eagle Marketing Group committing fraud in the name of Ron Paul

RPTXState
06-05-2008, 01:28 PM
http://haysfreepress.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=34100&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=&S=1
https://ronpaulflags.com/The_Texas_Outrage_.php

Just got an e-mail from Jen Biundo, who was kind enough to do a story on the challenge I filed with the Texas GOP back in late April. The site at the 2nd link, Ron Paul Flags (but the headline says Eagle Marketing Group) has reposted her story, but edited it significantly to add bias. They claim they "received it in that form", but as I was inter vied in this story and have provided the real link, I can tell you with absolute certainty that is simply not true.

Her publisher is considering a lawsuit, as this constitutes fraud (implying that these biased words are her own) and defamation. If the owners of this site could please take the article down and contact me by PM or in this thread, and can the readers help me with this also. Hays Free Press has been very helpful to us, and having them turn against Ron Paul because of this will make my work in San Marcos harder.

asgardshill
06-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Why am I getting the following error message when I read this thread?

Unable to verify the identity of 7m5hPlsr3xvFs8xJl as a trusted
site.

Possible reasons for this error:

- Your browser does not recognize the Certificate Authority that
issued the site's certificate.

- The site's certificate is incomplete due to a server
misconfiguration.

- You are connected to a site pretending to be 7m5hPlsr3xvFs8xJl,
possibly to obtain your confidential information.

Please notify the site's webmaster about this problem.

Before accepting this certificate, you should examine this site's
certificate carefully. Are you willing to accept this certificate
for the purpose of identifying the Web site 7m5hPlsr3xvFs8xJl?

revolutionary8
06-05-2008, 01:54 PM
When I clicked on the link to this thread, I got a prompt to review a certificate b/c the source cannot be identified. :eek:

revolutionary8
06-05-2008, 01:55 PM
You beat me Asgard, I am getting the same thing, but couldn't copy and paste it. thanks!

RPTXState
06-05-2008, 01:56 PM
It's Dannno's post that causes the certificate thing.

amy31416
06-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Why am I getting the following error message when I read this thread?

Unable to verify the identity of 7m5hPlsr3xvFs8xJl as a trusted
site.

Possible reasons for this error:

- Your browser does not recognize the Certificate Authority that
issued the site's certificate.

- The site's certificate is incomplete due to a server
misconfiguration.

- You are connected to a site pretending to be 7m5hPlsr3xvFs8xJl,
possibly to obtain your confidential information.

Please notify the site's webmaster about this problem.

Before accepting this certificate, you should examine this site's
certificate carefully. Are you willing to accept this certificate
for the purpose of identifying the Web site 7m5hPlsr3xvFs8xJl?

Got the same thing. :confused:

ronpaulhawaii
06-05-2008, 02:03 PM
OK den, was this forum where this thread started?

amy31416
06-05-2008, 02:06 PM
It's Dannno's post that causes the certificate thing.

What the heck did he post?

revolutionary8
06-05-2008, 02:08 PM
What the heck did he post?
I just saw a read icon, no body in the post. I refused the certificate- that is probably why I couldn't read the body of the post.

I am no longer getting the prompt, so RPTX is correct that it was danno's post. I have no idea what the heck it was.

asgardshill
06-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Cue Twilight Zone music ...

Folks here have good instincts. Its ALWAYS good practice to refuse to accept a site certificate when you get a message like that.

asgardshill
06-05-2008, 02:19 PM
You beat me Asgard, I am getting the same thing, but couldn't copy and paste it. thanks!

I had to manually type it into a Notepad window when it came up. Weird ...

constitutional
06-05-2008, 02:33 PM
It this normal that you get a certificate message when you open this thread. Your computer is already trying to check the web sites listed in first post. And one of those web sites has a certificate.

ARealConservative
06-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Cue Twilight Zone music ...

Folks here have good instincts. Its ALWAYS good practice to refuse to accept a site certificate when you get a message like that.

not really.

Although I would certainly not enter sensitive info on a secure site with a certificate error.

Rhys
06-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I am beyond confused.

Where are you getting a certificate thing? Why is danno's post doing it, when danno didn't post? Why is not accepting a certificate a good thing? What does a certificate do? How can a post on RPF mess up another website? Why is my computer trying to "check" linked websites? What part of my computer is doing what to do the checking?

dannno
06-05-2008, 03:40 PM
:confused:

Wow guys, sorry for all of the confusion.. I was just trying to post a picture. I don't know what the deal with the certificate is, so I will post the img tag that the host website is telling me to use.. Originally I copied the image location and tagged manually, the host site must not like that because it is the full size picture. You can get the full picture by clicking on the picture below.

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/387656_hoffine2.jpg (http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/387656/hoffine2.jpg.html)

So it shouldn't happen this time, but if it does feel free to delete the post again..