PDA

View Full Version : D.C. Police sealing off parts of the city!!!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I do not know if this will effect anyone attending the march or not or even if this will still be going on when the march takes place. Either way, I thought it was something we should be aware of since it may effect travel for some attending the march and if nothing else it is something we can get in an uproar about which is always fun.

http://dcist.com/2008/06/04/mpd_to_seal_off.php

Deborah K
06-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Sounds like it is for certain high-crime neighborhoods and not the site seeing sections of D.C. like the monuments, etc. We have all the proper permits to put this on and have established a very good working relationship with the various police depts. It'll be fine. This is a family oriented event with a great-grandfather as the keynote speaker. :)

SnappleLlama
06-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Sounds like it is for certain high-crime neighborhoods and not the site seeing sections of D.C. like the monuments, etc. We have all the proper permits to put this on and have established a very good working relationship with the various police depts. It'll be fine. This is a family oriented event with a great-grandfather as the keynote speaker. :)

That just made me feel warm and fuzzy!

Aww...Ron Paul is such a great guy! :D

Rainsford
06-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Certainly, we libertarian types are stereotyped to be overly paranoid, but this definitely warrants concern.