PDA

View Full Version : Let's adopt Montana's Bob Kelleher and make him a Paulian!

Badger Paul
06-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I know a lot of people were disappointed to see Murray Sabrin lose his U.S. Senate primary in New Jersey last Tuesday (although I do believe he did get his highest-ever vote total in the state-wide races he's run before).

But he did help elect anti-war, pro-life, environmentalist Republican for the U.S. Senate nomination in Montana.

You can't tell me that our turnout in Montana didn't have a down-ballot effect in electing Bob Kelleher.

Yes name recognition helped him but come on, he's run so many times before and lost.

No, it was the 22% of Montanans supporting Ron Paul that helped Kelleher win in a multi-candidate field (more candidates in New Jeresey would have helped Murray in that regard).

So let's celebrate our success and adopt Mr. Kelleher as an honorary Paulian and help him the company-man Max Baucus for the U.S. Senate!

crazyfingers
06-05-2008, 09:56 AM
This guy may be an outsider, but he's not even close to a libertarian. In fact he's a former Green Party member and still holds on to those beliefs.

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/06/former-green-wins-montana-gop-primary-for-us-senate/

The theme of Kelleher’s campaign was “no more tax cuts until hunger, health, HRDC, and job needs are satisfied and social security, Medicare and Medicaid funds are secure.”

If anything his primary victory is indicative of how far the GOP has strayed from even paying lip service to limited government.

Badger Paul
06-05-2008, 02:46 PM
So what? This is not a purely libertarian movement in case you haven't realized it yet. We have Constutionalists, Democrats and Republicans along with liberals, libertarians and conservatives a like. And yes there are Greens as well. Why not bring Mr. Kelleher along? After all, we helped win the party nomination.

Jeremy
06-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I would rather move to Russia than support somebody who has no real view of freedom. Just look at his stances... national healthcare... raise taxes until health care and all of this stuff is taken care of... go to his website and read it. He is perfectly fine with turning the American people into slaves. That's a problem.

So what? This is not a purely libertarian movement in case you haven't realized it yet. We have Constutionalists, Democrats and Republicans along with liberals, libertarians and conservatives a like. And yes there are Greens as well. Why not bring Mr. Kelleher along? After all, we helped win the party nomination.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. This is about the same views on almost every issue. And there is a difference between a libertarian and a Libertarian. You are thinking of a Libertarian... you don't have to be in the party to be a libertarian. To be in this movement you have to be the same thing: classic liberal / natural law conservative / libertarian / constitutionalist / freedom fighter. These are all basically the same thing. Compare this man's stances to the stances of Ron Paul and it's obvious why this person is anti-freedom. Even if he happens to be anti-establishment, who cares? He's anti-freedom as well.

crazyfingers
06-05-2008, 03:01 PM

I don't understand your point. Why support a candidate who disagrees with much of Ron Paul's platform? I was under the impression that this was a movement to restore constitutionally-limited government. Why coalesce around someone whose agenda calls for increased government and decreased liberty?

AJ Antimony
06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Having Cindy Sheehan upset House Speaker Pelosi would be much better than electing this guy for Senate.

Badger Paul
06-05-2008, 05:25 PM
No he doesn't agree with Ron Paul's platform on a lot of issues but I remind you that he is against the war and that this is movement broader than just libertarianism regardless of what case of L you decide to use. This is not a movement with gate keepers.

You can do what you want, but I feel we need more outside-the-box, outside the ghetto walls of our respective ideologies and parties, type of candidates running for office and Kelleher truly represents this. That to me is the essence of the Ron Paul movement, not litmus tests on certain issues.

As Jerry Brown once said "Issue are the last refuge of a scoundrel!"

Kludge
06-05-2008, 05:38 PM
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CIyuuMOImf-MwQEQ1AMYMTIInUW7NHHFk4o

lol @ Adwords.