PDA

View Full Version : Key McCain staffer says they donít want votes from Paul supporters.

nyrgoal99
06-04-2008, 07:44 PM
http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/06/04/mccain-staffer-says-they-dont-want-votes-from-paul-supporters/

yongrel
06-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Well, then it's convenient that they won't be getting any.

ItsTime
06-04-2008, 07:48 PM
ya who cares about 25% of the republican vote. "smooth move exlax"

LibertyEagle
06-04-2008, 07:48 PM

+1

Jeremy
06-04-2008, 07:51 PM
"Obama's big tent" smells just as bad as McCain's little tent. I'll vote for the lesser of good (Barr, Baldwin) before I vote for the lesser of evil (McCain, Obama).

ItsTime
06-04-2008, 07:55 PM
"Obama's big tent" smells just as bad as McCain's little tent. I'll vote for the lesser of good (Barr, Baldwin) before I vote for the lesser of evil (McCain, Obama).

barr will be on beck on friday (i believe) He may get my vote.

Jeremy
06-04-2008, 07:57 PM
barr will be on beck on friday (i believe) He may get my vote.

He's actually on Colbert today... which airs in like an hour I think. Somebody better get it on YouTube though, because I won't be watching TV then.

dude58677
06-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Why would we want to vote for McCain?:rolleyes:

Cowlesy
06-04-2008, 07:59 PM
When the time comes, establishment folks won't have a brother's keeper.

Ron Paul supporters will have fellow supporters, aka, fellow constitutionalists.

ItsTime
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM
When the time comes, establishment folks won't have a brother's keeper.

Ron Paul supporters will have fellow supporters, aka, fellow constitutionalists.

But they do Cowlesy. The dems and reps are in bed together. The neo cons have taken control of both parties.

However, our numbers are growing way faster than they predicted.

OptionsTrader
06-04-2008, 08:07 PM
McCain staffers, the feeling is fucking mutual.

Fyretrohl
06-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Well, according to the notes, this was a statement made by someone who later became a staffer.

brandon
06-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Apparently there are numerous lies in this article. From the comments...

The statement was made today, June 4, 2008. Michael Goldfarb posted the quoted material on March 19, 2008, over two months ago. At that time Goldfarb was presumably not yet working for McCain, since his leave of absence from the Weekly Standard began on June 2. So there are two lies.

Third party watch is not a credible source anymore. It was bought out by Richard Viguerie, who is a shill for Barr. The site is now just a propaganda mouthpiece for the LP ticket.

SLSteven
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
This is a ruse. All politicians want votes.

puppetmaster
06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
They really don't care who wins as long as it is someone from their team...they play for the same team guys!

Rhys
06-04-2008, 08:54 PM
he said this when Ron Paul was getting 5% of the vote. Wonder what he would say now.

haleyMN
06-04-2008, 08:58 PM
How credible is this site?

"New key McCain staffer previously said he donít want votes from Paul supporters."

Obviously no one did any proofreading!

LibertyEagle
06-04-2008, 09:01 PM

"New key McCain staffer previously said he don’t want votes from Paul supporters."

Well, they linked to the exact same text on The Weekly Standard's Blog. Here:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/03/a_message_to_ron_paul_supporte.asp

A Message to Ron Paul Supporters

The Washington Times reports:

Ron Paul says the legions of newcomers his presidential campaign brought to the Republican Party are getting the cold shoulder from John McCain and from the party....

"I don't think they want them," Mr. Paul told The Washington Times, adding that indifference doesn't surprise him because the party's establishment has deserted traditional conservative principles for big government and foreign intervention.

"We don't agree with them," he says. "We agree with the Old Right, and they're the New Right, which is 'The Wrong,' the New Right has morphed into neoconservative."

Allah beat me to the punch on this, but let me just say to Ron Paul supporters everywhere, and on behalf of the New Right (by which I assume Paul means the Jew Right), get lost.

There should be plenty of room for the Paulnuts in Obama's big tent. If Rev. Wright isn't exactly a 9/11 Truther, at least he's breathed new life into the Pearl Harbor Truther movement. Imagine a newsletter coauthored by the Reverend and Lew Rockwell--now that's racial harmony.

[B]Posted by Michael Goldfarb on March 19, 2008 01:14 PM | Permalink

Also note this...

(Bumped) Kristol: So long (for a while) to Michael Goldfarb

Note to our readers: The online editor of THE WEEKLY STANDARD and proprietor of this blog, Michael Goldfarb, has taken a leave of absence effective today to serve as deputy communications director of the McCain campaign. He'll be focusing on their online activities. We'll all be assisting deputy online editors John McCormack and Samantha Sault in the herculean task of filling Mike's shoes for the next five months. Then we expect to welcome him back--unless he's appointed national security adviser in the McCain White House.

Posted by William Kristol on June 2, 2008 04:47 PM | Permalink

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/06/kristol_so_long_for_a_while_to.asp

micahnelson
06-04-2008, 09:29 PM
http://micahnelson.com/?p=184

I blogged this and I think I got the links in the right places.

John McCain: The Courage to Nuke Iran, but the Wisdom to never speak to them.

lasenorita
06-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Were they actually expecting any? :p

AdamT
06-04-2008, 10:05 PM

+1,000,000

wowabunga
06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
McCain staffers, the feeling is fucking mutual.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aidyl
06-04-2008, 10:23 PM

"New key McCain staffer previously said he donít want votes from Paul supporters."

we don't want none of yer filthy stickin votes either! ;)

DealzOnWheelz
06-04-2008, 10:24 PM
We should try to make an ad that uses the quote of him saying that and get it played in a bunch of states where we did really well and get them to vote for chuck baldwin or write in ron paul

RideTheDirt
06-04-2008, 10:55 PM
+1,000,000

This

tonesforjonesbones
06-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Absolutely right. the Neo Cons have hijacked both parties. BOB BARR 2008! Does Ron Paul have a list of candidates he supporte? I didnt' think he was endorsing anyone.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-05-2008, 04:21 AM
http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/06/04/mccain-staffer-says-they-dont-want-votes-from-paul-supporters/

Here’s the way Jim Lesczynski tells the tale (http://serfcity.wordpress.com/2008/06/04/mccain-staffer-tells-paul-supporters-to-get-lost/):

As the Ron Paul Revolutionaries look forward to tonight’s epic debate on whether they should throw their support to McCain or Barr, the McCain camp has made it clear that Paul’s supporters aren’t welcome. Michael Goldfarb, neocon blogger at The Weekly Standard and deputy communications director for the McCain campaign (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/06/kristol_so_long_for_a_while_to.asp), writes:

… but let me just say to Ron Paul supporters everywhere, and on behalf of the New Right (by which I assume Paul means the Jew Right), get lost. There should be plenty of room for the Paulnuts in Obama’s big tent.

Whole thing here. On the other hand, I’m certain the Bob Barr campaign would be happy to welcome the Revolutionaries home.

freelance
06-05-2008, 05:16 AM

"New key McCain staffer previously said he don’t want votes from Paul supporters."

I have lost total patience with the illiterates. Still, if McCain doesn't want RP votes, I'm sure he won't be disappointed.

Mini-Me
06-05-2008, 05:53 AM

Damn straight. I wonder if they're making some kind of desperate attempt at reverse psychology. :rolleyes:

MMolloy
06-05-2008, 06:06 AM

LOL Amen Brother! :cool:

acptulsa
06-05-2008, 06:11 AM
The racists whom they falsely alleged were Paul supporters, however, are very welcome in the McCain camp...

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 06:56 AM
feel free to send this letter to mccain camp;)

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Anti Federalist
06-05-2008, 08:07 AM
LE posted from Weekly Standard:

A Message to Ron Paul Supporters

The Washington Times reports:

Ron Paul says the legions of newcomers his presidential campaign brought to the Republican Party are getting the cold shoulder from John McCain and from the party....

"I don't think they want them," Mr. Paul told The Washington Times, adding that indifference doesn't surprise him because the party's establishment has deserted traditional conservative principles for big government and foreign intervention.

"We don't agree with them," he says. "We agree with the Old Right, and they're the New Right, which is 'The Wrong,' [because] the New Right has morphed into neoconservative."

Allah beat me to the punch on this, but let me just say to Ron Paul supporters everywhere, and on behalf of the New Right (by which I assume Paul means the Jew Right), get lost.

There should be plenty of room for the Paulnuts in Obama's big tent. If Rev. Wright isn't exactly a 9/11 Truther, at least he's breathed new life into the Pearl Harbor Truther movement. Imagine a newsletter coauthored by the Reverend and Lew Rockwell--now that's racial harmony.

Posted by Michael Goldfarb on March 19, 2008 01:14 PM | Permalink

Also note this...

Quote:
(Bumped) Kristol: So long (for a while) to Michael Goldfarb

Note to our readers: The online editor of THE WEEKLY STANDARD and proprietor of this blog, Michael Goldfarb, has taken a leave of absence effective today to serve as deputy communications director of the McCain campaign. He'll be focusing on their online activities. We'll all be assisting deputy online editors John McCormack and Samantha Sault in the herculean task of filling Mike's shoes for the next five months. Then we expect to welcome him back--unless he's appointed national security adviser in the McCain White House.

Posted by William Kristol on June 2, 2008 04:47 PM | Permalink

Ugh. I threw up in my mouth a little.

It's like a big inbred hillbilly camp.

salsero96
06-05-2008, 08:32 AM
I find this absolutely hilarious!!

For the entire length of the campaign, Paul supporters have been saying that they will never vote for McCain.

Paul supporters have always been campaigning against McCain.

Ron Paul said numerous times that he will never support McCain.

And now this?

He reminds me of a little kid who wants something, and keeps asking for it, and crying for it, and his mother keeps telling him no. Then, finally, he says "I don't want it"

acptulsa
06-05-2008, 08:43 AM
He reminds me of a little kid who wants something, and keeps asking for it, and crying for it, and his mother keeps telling him no. Then, finally, he says "I don't want it"

That, I think, secures John McCain neatly in a nutshell.

Good place for that nut.

countrykidz4freedom
06-05-2008, 08:45 AM
According to his track record of bills and his comments on debates, he will most likely change his mind again tomorrow, but I think we should spread the message far and wide not to vote for McCain, since he apparently feels he doesn't need to the votes anyway-(scary part is, he may be right.) A big part of the general public voted in the primary, from fear, trying to ensure they didn't get a democrat in office, so I guess they are going to realize at the end of this election, they need to vote their own conscience. Someone told me the other day, they think a depression might actually be good for our country, because it will teach people to get back to being more independent and growing their own food again. The worst thing is, people don't realize, the situation will be much worse than the Great Depression, because of the way our rights are being taken away. :(

amy31416
06-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Good, because they can continue screwing themselves, like they've been doing for the last 8+ years. What a bunch of idiots.

The Republican Party is truly corrupt to the core. It needs to be burned down and resurrected.

SnappleLlama
06-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Well, who are we to disappoint such a "fine man" as John McCain?

I'm voting for Ron Paul in November.

Grandson of Liberty
06-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Happy to oblige.

Maltheus
06-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Alright, I'll finally unify and give McCain what he wants. I won't vote for him. :D

james1844
06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
McCain is a smart guy, so I've been trying to think about why he might not want to deal with the libertarian wing of the GOP.

Possible reasons might be:

1) He recognized Paul's importance but is concerned that Paul's rep as a racist will harm his efforts to reach out to minorities and Jewish people. - But, given that McCain has delt with fringe elements of the Christian right, he should be used to finessing these issues, so I'm not sure this is the issue.

2) He views Paul as unimportant. His staff reinforces the idea of Paul's marginality so McCain does not believe they are important. This may also be McCains assessment of Paul in given the results of the first few primaries where Paul remained under single digits. This would be consistent with his condescending attitude towards Paul in the debates. For example, McCain would laugh, make derisive jokes, fiddle with his notebook or drink water when Paul spoke - indicating his disrespect of Paul and his views. Finally, McCain's pride may play a role here.

3) He dislikes libertarian ideology. McCain has been quoted as preferencing well run over constitutional government. On some level McCain may take a very dim view of the role of mass democracy. This would be consistent with McCains early career in which he expressed a desire to be a "player" by becoming a senator and via his marriage to a member of one of New Mexico's wealthy families. In short, his career has not really been based on mobilizing mass political action, rather by working with the power elite. - This is contrary to Paul's libertarian beliefs which are Jeffersonian and fundamentally more democratic.

4) His staff have done the cost/benefit analysis and written off Paul supporters.
A quick scan of the forums here would show even a casual observer that Paul's people aren't exactly big fans of McCain. He may have decided that the votes and dollars Pauls people could bring in would not be worth the outreach effort. Or alternatively, McCains staff may believe there is not an effective way to harness the diffuse nature of the libertarian wing.

5) McCain is not obligated to Paul or to other GOP libertarian types. We know that Paul isn't willing to compromise- we love him for it- but because of this key members of the GOP, including McCain may not owe Paul any favors that Paul can call on to be included.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-05-2008, 11:45 AM
The racists whom they falsely alleged were Paul supporters, however, are very welcome in the McCain camp...

Aye. McCain be a true Nazi. Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.