PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden

james1906
08-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Anyone else think the guy looks like Bob Uecker?

axiomata
08-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I haven't watched much of the democratic debates, but I saw one thing from Biden that made me absolutely sick.

During the AFL/CIO debate that took place in Chicago they opened the floor to questions from the audience. There was one woman, deeply emotional, the wife of one of the miners killed in West Virgina last year, who obviously cared a lot about the issue of laborer safety, asked Biden what he would do to make mines and similar jobs more safe. (Nevermind the politics of the question.)

What did he do? He ignored the question and went on a rant about Pakistan. If I were in his shoes I probably wouldn't reply with the answer she wanted to hear but I just couldn't comprehend how callous he was in his response. This woman lost her husband, she was given a moment at the AFL-CIO forum to ask a question pertinent to the forum, and the guy completely ignored the question to get his say in on Pakistan. Made me sick enough to throw up a little in my mouth.

And I suppose he does look like Bob Ueker.

McDermit
08-24-2007, 11:02 PM
throw up a little in my mouth.

worst phrase ever

LizF
08-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Anyone else think the guy looks like Bob Uecker?

Ah, that's who he looks like! I knew he looked like another well-known person.

They have the same goofy grin. :p

Does anybody else think that Sean Hannity looks like Fred Flinstone?

LizF
08-24-2007, 11:08 PM
I haven't watched much of the democratic debates, but I saw one thing from Biden that made me absolutely sick.

During the AFL/CIO debate that took place in Chicago they opened the floor to questions from the audience. There was one woman, deeply emotional, the wife of one of the miners killed in West Virgina last year, who obviously cared a lot about the issue of laborer safety, asked Biden what he would do to make mines and similar jobs more safe. (Nevermind the politics of the question.)

What did he do? He ignored the question and went on a rant about Pakistan. If I were in his shoes I probably wouldn't reply with the answer she wanted to hear but I just couldn't comprehend how callous he was in his response. This woman lost her husband, she was given a moment at the AFL-CIO forum to ask a question pertinent to the forum, and the guy completely ignored the question to get his say in on Pakistan. Made me sick enough to throw up a little in my mouth.

And I suppose he does look like Bob Ueker.

I missed this debate (I've been trying to watch as many as possible from both parties). Sounds like he had a real Mike Dukakis moment. :(

A couple of his comments during the CNN/YouTube debate (e.g. reaction to the gunowner; the Red State update guys) didn't impress me much. There was just a touch of snark/condescension to his response that I didn't care for.

Pauls' Revere
04-19-2019, 06:16 AM
He's running in 2020.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/04/joe-biden-running-president/587560/oe Biden is running. The former vice president will make his candidacy official with a video announcement next Wednesday, according to people familiar with the discussions who have been told about them by top aides.

Seriously, he’s actually made a decision. It’s taken two years of back-and-forth, it’ll be his third (or, depending on how you count, seventh) try for the White House, and many people thought he wouldn’t actually do it, but the biggest factor reshaping the 2020 Democratic-primary field is actually locking into place.