PDA

View Full Version : Sign this letter to the GOP!

Sandra
06-04-2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.lettertogop.com

RPTXState
06-04-2008, 04:40 PM
A little behind the times?

#55 here

Jeremy
06-04-2008, 04:41 PM
done

but they should add Baldwin

RPTXState
06-04-2008, 04:48 PM
done

but they should add Baldwin

+1, but when I asked they told me just to pick other

Jeremy
06-04-2008, 04:50 PM
+1, but when I asked they told me just to pick other

ya, and look how many people picked other :rolleyes:

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 04:53 PM
ya, and look how many people picked other :rolleyes:

it wasn't my decision,if it helps i tried fighting for you;)

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 04:56 PM

feel free to write this in letters to editors etc etc, tell all voters, all parties,all meet-ups and every forum and DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO,:eek:

RSLudlum
06-04-2008, 05:17 PM
bump

itshappening
06-04-2008, 05:35 PM
we should keep this bumped, 350 people already!

I cant believe how many people are going to write in RP, for gods sake vote Barr or Baldwin least so it means something! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sandra
06-04-2008, 05:40 PM
401 already! I got this link from the Baton Rouge meetup. I assume it's circulating pretty fast.

RSLudlum
06-04-2008, 05:41 PM
401 already! I got this link from the Baton Rouge meetup. I assume it's circulating pretty fast.

yeah, I just sent it out to our charleston meetup about 30minutes ago.. :D

itshappening
06-04-2008, 05:41 PM
wow, 50 people in like 2 minutes, this is spreading

shouldnt the zip codes be hidden?

itshappening
06-04-2008, 06:21 PM
B.u.m.p

malkusm
06-04-2008, 07:34 PM
wow, 50 people in like 2 minutes, this is spreading

shouldnt the zip codes be hidden?

Well it doesn't show your name, it shows county/state/zip which I don't see as a problem (since there is no name) but correct me if I'm missing something.

pepperpete1
06-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Well it doesn't show your name, it shows county/state/zip which I don't see as a problem (since there is no name) but correct me if I'm missing something.

Thanks for composing the letter and allowing all of us to participate.

This letter with all the signatures would also show the campaign that we are serious about writing in Ron Paul and we need to have him registered with all those states that allow write-ins.

The zip codes will also show where Ron Paul supporters are most populous.:)

Sandra
06-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks for composing the letter and allowing all of us to participate.

This letter with all the signatures would also show the campaign that we are serious about writing in Ron Paul and we need to have him registered with all those states that allow write-ins.

The zip codes will also show where Ron Paul supporters are most populous.:)

Yea verily.

pepperpete1
06-04-2008, 11:00 PM
bump

Feelgood
06-04-2008, 11:10 PM
800+ and counting...

sidster
06-04-2008, 11:26 PM
I stopped right here:

Most of us feel that the presumptive Presidential Candidate, Senator John McCain, is a fine individual ...

I can't agree to this statement ... I can't imagine any of you could either.

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-04-2008, 11:40 PM
I sent it out to 7 meetup groups about an hour ago

parke
06-04-2008, 11:59 PM

hahahaaa

I havent posted in a while.. found this and came here to spread the word. Glad you jumped the gun on me. If you are ever on the MS gulfcoast send me an IM...

AdamT
06-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Signed.

billyjoeallen
06-05-2008, 12:03 AM
signed.

mt4rp
06-05-2008, 12:21 AM
#854 at midnight

BuddyRey
06-05-2008, 12:56 AM
We need this letter posted to every Meetup board in every bustling metropolis and one-horse hamlet from coast to coast...If the GOP thinks that we'll vote for McCain out of a feeling of party loyalty, they don't know us very well.

MMolloy
06-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Sorry, I can't sign anything that says "... McCain, is a fine individual..."
Besides I already signed a pledge not to vote for McCain put together by the same people who ran the Tea Party.

The reasons also should start with:
1) McCain is not a Republican and has been given to us by the MSM and a few party elites.
2) Every time McCain has reached across the isle the Republican Party and America has lost (McCain/Feingold... _). America and the Republican Party can not stand the advancement of these type of policies for another 4 to 8 years.
3) There is no way that McCain will be able to keep the Religious Right Coalition together as we will most certainly lose the support of a majority of the Pro-Life vote to independent candidates or write ins.
4) Independents, McCain's supposed stregnth, will have many viable options and the lie of voting for the lesser of two evils will be much harder to sell this election since there is so little to seperate McCain and Obama.
5) Economics
6) Etc.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 07:02 AM
its the letter thats the point, do we agree that mccain is a fine? hell no ,but it's a letter that makes a point. we took suggestions for 36 hrs on this forum,but thanks, please sign thank you

Sorry, I can't sign anything that says "... McCain, is a fine individual..."
Besides I already signed a pledge not to vote for McCain put together by the same people who ran the Tea Party.

The reasons also should start with:
1) McCain is not a Republican and has been given to us by the MSM and a few party elites.
2) Every time McCain has reached across the isle the Republican Party and America has lost (McCain/Feingold... _). America and the Republican Party can not stand the advancement of these type of policies for another 4 to 8 years.
3) There is no way that McCain will be able to keep the Religious Right Coalition together as we will most certainly lose the support of a majority of the Pro-Life vote to independent candidates or write ins.
4) Independents, McCain's supposed stregnth, will have many viable options and the lie of voting for the lesser of two evils will be much harder to sell this election since there is so little to seperate McCain and Obama.
5) Economics
6) Etc.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 07:04 AM
We need this letter posted to every Meetup board in every bustling metropolis and one-horse hamlet from coast to coast...If the GOP thinks that we'll vote for McCain out of a feeling of party loyalty, they don't know us very well.

amen, it's the message we are sending to the gop/mccain "unity camp " the same camp that has blacklisted republicans and broke convention rules. they know we know,so the focus on the letter is to wake up the gop not slander mccain

Rangeley
06-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Its up to 1170. I was lucky number 1129.

Gin
06-05-2008, 08:26 AM
1171 and counting...30 more in the 5 mins since I signed.... Go Paul Go!!

TurtleBurger
06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
What exactly are we asking him to do? The petition isn't clear on that. Do we want him to void the primaries and state conventions and put Ron Paul in McCain's place? I don't think the GOP chairman has the authority to do that.

MRoCkEd
06-05-2008, 08:46 AM
What exactly are we asking him to do? The petition isn't clear on that. Do we want him to void the primaries and state conventions and put Ron Paul in McCain's place? I don't think the GOP chairman has the authority to do that.
really, it won't make any actual impact on the nominee - but it will send a strong message

signed it.

1208 so far

SteveMartin
06-05-2008, 09:07 AM
We want to all be on record calling McCain a "fine" man??

No thanks...

Can't sign that.

AFM
06-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Signed

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 09:24 AM

we will not vote for john McCain, its a subtle warning that their unity isn't unity;)
we are asking them to reevaluate their choice and so called unity, umm the GOP has all the power to do exactly what we say. will they who knows?? doesn't matter anymore the McCain/GOP corruption have burnt the bridges thats what we are saying , WE WILL NOT VOTE MCCAIN, the GOP knows their corruption already and why we are doing it;)

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 09:27 AM
well would you rather we put asshole sob?? the point of the letter is WE WILL NOT VOTE MCCAIN...

NEVERMIND DON'T answer that;)

We want to all be on record calling McCain a "fine" man??

No thanks...

Can't sign that.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 09:29 AM
just contacted the LP/DNC/Mises/Mary Ruwart, DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO.. (all were excited to get involved:)

ALL VOTERS ARE WELCOME

Sandra
06-05-2008, 09:43 AM
just contacted the LP/DNC/Mises/Mary Ruwart, DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO.. (all were excited to get involved:)

ALL VOTERS ARE WELCOME

To sign the letter, speciallyblend?

Sandra
06-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I wish we could get a little contest going between states.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 09:57 AM
To sign the letter, speciallyblend?

any voter can sign, remember its the mccain folks that say they can get democrats and independents, but they are to late ,they already went to obama.

I assume the mccain folks will bring in iraqi nationals and illegals and force them to vote for republicans ,until then the gop has lost the election already

Sandra
06-05-2008, 10:04 AM
any voter can sign, remember its the mccain folks that say they can get democrats and independents, but they are to late ,they already went to obama.

I assume the mccain folks will bring in iraqi nationals and illegals and force them to vote for republicans ,until then the gop has lost the election already

Good goin'!

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
where's the digg article on this?

That should get some attention.
It's maybe best to NOT include Ron Paul in the title.
Maybe two separate ones. One about Dr. Paul
and one about McCain.

And how about a third about "How to beat Obama"

Just a thought.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 10:14 AM
where's the digg article on this?

That should get some attention.
It's maybe best to NOT include Ron Paul in the title.
Maybe two separate ones. One about Dr. Paul
and one about McCain.

And how about a third about "How to beat Obama"

Just a thought.

I'm not sure.

Sandra
06-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Sounds good! I am Digg dumb. Is there away to link to the letter?

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Just Called Colorado Gop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I informed them, I'm a Colorado Republican and we encourage all republicans to sign the
www.lettertogop.com

she said thank you thats wonderful and have a great day i wonder if they will say that after they read it anyway spread far and wide and invite all to sign

when you spread this letter,remind yourselves of all the dirty tricks by mccain and the gop;)

goldstandard
06-05-2008, 10:22 AM
What about a button "Invite your friends to sign this letter"? (email)

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
What about a button "Invite your friends to sign this letter"? (email)

i'll pass it on,its not my decision ,but ill pass along,thank you

Jeremy
06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
bump

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 11:56 AM
we changed the letter a lil so the people who do not think mccain is a good person,have a say;)

SnappleLlama
06-05-2008, 12:00 PM
hmm...not sure if I like the edited version. Why not exclude our feelings about McCain altogether, and just list why we don't think he's electable?

goldstandard
06-05-2008, 12:10 PM
we changed the letter a lil so the people who do not think mccain is a good person,have a say;)

I think it is unwise to change a letter AFTER people signed it.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 12:11 PM
hmm...not sure if I like the edited version. Why not exclude our feelings about McCain altogether, and just list why we don't think he's electable?

we are trying to be open and we got overwhelmed with people not wanting to sign because of it, thank you.

it's a persons letter and their thoughts, there will be no more changes and please accept it as is ,thank you:)

THANK YOU EVERYONE ,the server is bouncing(RUN RON RUN we are making sure it doesnt go down:) keep up the great work, this hasn't even begun;) WOW, i need a hanky;)

I'm so proud of everyone that has signed this letter, this is very moving. I thank my friend who wrote the letter and all the grassroots activists working hard to make RON PAUL our REPUBLICAN NOMINEE..... SPREAD IT FAR AND WIDE

http://www.lettertogop.com/

SnappleLlama
06-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I guess the more I read that first paragraph, the more I wonder what McCain being a fine (or not so fine) individual has to do with anything...that's why I suggested eliminating that fragment altogether.

In any case, I already signed it, so let's see what happens!

:)

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I guess the more I read that first paragraph, the more I wonder what McCain being a fine (or not so fine) individual has to do with anything...that's why I suggested eliminating that fragment altogether.

In any case, I already signed it, so let's see what happens!

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE RON PAUL AS OUR NOMINEE,if the gop wants to win,now thats the million dollar question??

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 12:29 PM
there are no changes.... the only change was a small bracketed clarification to show that some signers do not think McCain is a fine individual... as a lot of people had issue with the accolade. So it was a clarification point, not a change in context.....

Raditude
06-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Voter #1631 Shelby IN 46176 Republican Write-In Ron Paul

RPTXState
06-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I hope you are backing this up somewhere. Would hate for something to knock our 1732 names down to 0.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I hope you are backing this up somewhere. Would hate for something to knock our 1732 names down to 0.

we got that covered:) so no worries ,but great thought for sure:)

TruthAtLast
06-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I think it could have been worded differently but I signed it anyway.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
wow,do this folks go to the main page http://www.lettertogop.com/

then start clicking next,next next next , will it ever end . I think not, pretty impressive already and we haven't even started yet. WOW wheres break the matrix and others we need you, anyone who has contacts please make some calls:) should be on daily paul soon and then others.someone mentioned its on a lewrockwell blog??

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I think it could have been worded differently but I signed it anyway.

Just an average americans opinion:) please spread far and wide:) we did take suggestions for almost 2 days before we went live but anyway ,im so proud of the letter writer. Call everyone you know and thensome:)

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
will we hit 2500 by midnight hmmmmmm?

Sandra
06-05-2008, 03:27 PM
bump

gilliganscorner
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
The person who got this should run out and buy a lottery ticket:

Voter #1776 Burleigh ND 58504 Republican Write-In Ron Paul

:D

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 03:39 PM
The person who got this should run out and buy a lottery ticket:

Voter #1776 Burleigh ND 58504 Republican Write-In Ron Paul

:D

well if that voter contacts me ill buy him a beer at the SD EVENT in JULY;)

Sandra
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
My number keeps changing.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 03:55 PM
My number keeps changing.

this only happens because someone signed up before you,but delayed in their confirmation,so when they confirm they are put up,its the database;) just so you know;)

Can i blame it on the lil tron men in the computer?

BagOfEyebrows
06-05-2008, 04:11 PM

the great thing about this site is that so many understand the principles so completely they are going to write in Ron Paul - they can't vote for anybody else, period.

the heartbreaking thing with this site (although good to know, so we can continue to inform) is the small amount of people who will vote for Obama if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination - these folks need to learn more about the principles of the Constitution, more about Obama's attendance and speeches at CFR meetings, a violation of his oath of office, and they need to know they can't look future generations in the eyes and tell them "I'm so sorry I did this to you, I didn't know, I'm so sorry. I made a horrible mistake some years ago that led to this."

the baffling thing is those that state they'd vote for Barr - Steve Kubby, a former candidate for the Libertarian party, best understood the unity needed by the Libertarian party and Ron Paul supporters - he wrote a piece on how if he got the nomination, he would tell all Libertarian Party members to vote for Ron Paul and put all resources, time and energy in promoting this campaign for liberty... now that's a Libertarian who understood the unity needed in order to save the Republic. I wish the Libertarian Party, which has no problems, apparently, coming to 'compromises in the interest of liberty' (kinda like the NRA, eh?) - should have put aside any small differences of ideology with some parts of Paul's platform and utilized this Revolution as a promotion of THE PRINCIPLES and LIBERTY and the LAW OF THE LAND - but they didn't, and that is why the Libertarian Party will never see another dime from me, unless they do something incredibly bold and change their logical minds and compassionate hearts back that drew so many to their message. Have Barr state all Libertarians should vote for Ron Paul.

We need unity to save this Republic - what really strikes me is that the Libertarian party didn't recognize the potential for new members should Ron Paul not win the election - instead, they did the most illogical thing I can think of in terms of Liberty and the Libertarian Party itself - they picked a candidate that upon close scrutiny simply does not understand the rule of law, the principles of the Constitution, nor what the words freedom and liberty mean. Perhaps they are giving him a crash course now, but to divide this unique movement into small factions is the worst, absolute worst thing the Libertarian party could do to this Republic, to themselves, and to each of us, as individuals.

My father would weep (and then probably get seriously angry) had he lived to see this moment in our lifetimes and the Libertarian Party's response to such an important time in our nation's history. If one could charge a political designation with treason, I would petittion those charges right at the Libertarian Party for what they did and continue to do to this movement. They are no better than the Democratic Party - trying to siphon votes from the uninformed, unaware and trusting.

Wow, I'm a little angrier than I thought about the Barr thing. I thought I was pretty much over it, but, well... nope. I'm not.

Anyways - interesting link. Thanks for posting it.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 04:22 PM
the great thing about this site is that so many understand the principles so completely they are going to write in Ron Paul - they can't vote for anybody else, period.

the heartbreaking thing with this site (although good to know, so we can continue to inform) is the small amount of people who will vote for Obama if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination - these folks need to learn more about the principles of the Constitution, more about Obama's attendance and speeches at CFR meetings, a violation of his oath of office, and they need to know they can't look future generations in the eyes and tell them "I'm so sorry I did this to you, I didn't know, I'm so sorry. I made a horrible mistake some years ago that led to this."

the baffling thing is those that state they'd vote for Barr - Steve Kubby, a former candidate for the Libertarian party, best understood the unity needed by the Libertarian party and Ron Paul supporters - he wrote a piece on how if he got the nomination, he would tell all Libertarian Party members to vote for Ron Paul and put all resources, time and energy in promoting this campaign for liberty... now that's a Libertarian who understood the unity needed in order to save the Republic. I wish the Libertarian Party, which has no problems, apparently, coming to 'compromises in the interest of liberty' (kinda like the NRA, eh?) - should have put aside any small differences of ideology with some parts of Paul's platform and utilized this Revolution as a promotion of THE PRINCIPLES and LIBERTY and the LAW OF THE LAND - but they didn't, and that is why the Libertarian Party will never see another dime from me, unless they do something incredibly bold and change their logical minds and compassionate hearts back that drew so many to their message. Have Barr state all Libertarians should vote for Ron Paul.

We need unity to save this Republic - what really strikes me is that the Libertarian party didn't recognize the potential for new members should Ron Paul not win the election - instead, they did the most illogical thing I can think of in terms of Liberty and the Libertarian Party itself - they picked a candidate that upon close scrutiny simply does not understand the rule of law, the principles of the Constitution, nor what the words freedom and liberty mean. Perhaps they are giving him a crash course now, but to divide this unique movement into small factions is the worst, absolute worst thing the Libertarian party could do to this Republic, to themselves, and to each of us, as individuals.

My father would weep (and then probably get seriously angry) had he lived to see this moment in our lifetimes and the Libertarian Party's response to such an important time in our nation's history. If one could charge a political designation with treason, I would petittion those charges right at the Libertarian Party for what they did and continue to do to this movement. They are no better than the Democratic Party - trying to siphon votes from the uninformed, unaware and trusting.

Wow, I'm a little angrier than I thought about the Barr thing. I thought I was pretty much over it, but, well... nope. I'm not.

Anyways - interesting link. Thanks for posting it.

one thing i love about the site,look to your right RON PAUL ALL THE WAY:)

Gin
06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
up to 2007!!! Posted on My Space, 3 of my meetups...will post to more tomorrow...posted on break the matrix...still need to add to my yearbook, infowars, facebook etc.... this is awesome.. great going specialty!! ^5 to ya!

DIGG is UP!!

DIGG HERE (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Letter_To_The_National_GOP)

kombayn
06-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Only thing is, if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination and he doesn't register as Write-In... They should at least move the votes over to a 3rd Party candidate. I see that as a problem, I want these numbers to count towards a goal.

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Only thing is, if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination and he doesn't register as Write-In... They should at least move the votes over to a 3rd Party candidate. I see that as a problem, I want these numbers to count towards a goal.

everyone on this list will truly think about it for sure;) write in is for ron paul at this moment;) of course we all know who we are not voting for;)

kombayn
06-05-2008, 05:57 PM
That's always encouraging. :)

RSLudlum
06-05-2008, 06:51 PM
wow..already 2169 voters!!!! I signed in the 400's last night!!

itshappening
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
keep spreading it :p

Margo37
06-05-2008, 08:32 PM

LibertyCzar
06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I prefer Bob Barr, but Chuck Baldwin will gain a lot of votes from Ron Paul supporters. He should be on this list.

TruckinMike
06-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Chuck Baldwin will gain a lot of votes from Ron Paul supporters. He should be on this list.

I agree, I'm one of those that checked "other".

TMike

ronpaulhawaii
06-06-2008, 01:26 AM

TMike

TM! nice to see ya!

I checked Barr, just because large numbers there will scare the "party before principle" wing of the GOP, even more.

speciallyblend
06-06-2008, 07:40 AM

TMike

thanks truckinmike, you guys really make me smile, i love this forum,even when i get pissy:)

fr33domfightr
06-06-2008, 09:46 AM
The more I see what's going on with the splintering, plus the results of that current poll in another thread, I'm really thinking to unify everyone, Ron Paul has got to run as a third party candidate. Not to add one more third party candidate, but to unify the similar third parties.

FF

speciallyblend
06-06-2008, 09:56 AM
The more I see what's going on with the splintering, plus the results of that current poll in another thread, I'm really thinking to unify everyone, Ron Paul has got to run as a third party candidate. Not to add one more third party candidate, but to unify the similar third parties.

FF

WE CAN ONLY STAND TOGETHER AND STAND FIRM;) WE HAVE TO HAVE A CHOICE

RON PAUL 2008 imagine the press trying to ignore 2-3 presidential candidates endorsing Ron Paul for President:) Never Say Never

SnappleLlama
06-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I just forwarded this letter to the Pennsylvania GOP with a polite message reminding them that due to significant grassroots support, the amount of signatures on this letter is increasing at a phenomenal rate.

Take THAT!

Carole
06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Signed. :)

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Signed. :)

still ONLY 9 people from N.H.!?

Come on New Hampshire, we have some work to do.

p.s. It's not that N.H. peeps don't care about Dr. Paul, it's
just that it's been so long since the primary that many are
disenfranchised... And most activists are heavy into making
local changes.

Carole
06-06-2008, 12:23 PM
3442 Signatures so far. I signed a few minutes ago and was3416.

speciallyblend
06-06-2008, 12:28 PM
still ONLY 9 people from N.H.!?

Come on New Hampshire, we have some work to do.

p.s. It's not that N.H. peeps don't care about Dr. Paul, it's
just that it's been so long since the primary that many are
disenfranchised... And most activists are heavy into making
local changes.

you counted wow:) keep up the great work, i promised my wife when she gets home no ron paul,but that doesnt mean i can't play ron paul songs when i dj;)

i need to produce a house version of amiee allens song now that would be interesting???

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-06-2008, 12:35 PM
you counted wow:) keep up the great work, i promised my wife when she gets home no ron paul,but that doesnt mean i can't play ron paul songs when i dj;)

i need to produce a house version of amiee allens song now that would be interesting???

I like to follow the numbers and I'm keeping track as we go.

pepperpete1
06-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I like to follow the numbers and I'm keeping track as we go.

How are you coming on getting this sent out to ALL the meet-up groups? Another member of the group posted that she did not agree with everything in the letter but signed it anyway. I posted how hard you are working in CO and strongly suggested they sign it. We will see.:)

H Roark
06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Signed, looks like a petition with some credibility. Its too bad Baldwin wasn't a choice on there. I suspect many of the "Others" were for him.

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-06-2008, 02:47 PM
How are you coming on getting this sent out to ALL the meet-up groups? Another member of the group posted that she did not agree with everything in the letter but signed it anyway. I posted how hard you are working in CO and strongly suggested they sign it. We will see.:)

not so good, many of the meetup emails go through the organizer
and most haven't made an authoritative decision on it yet. :confused:

A couple others I could only reply to the individual person who sent
whichever email they sent. And many of those individuals I suspect
don't read and reply to replies. :eek:

I also posted a message on one of the National Meetup messages that
I got but haven't seen anything there either.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET A HOLD OF ONE OF THE NATIONAL
MEETUP GROUPS, THEN WE SHOULD BE HITTING THAT UP!!!

The best luck I've had is posting messages (not an email) on my local meetup.

Hunter

SweetMona
06-06-2008, 03:05 PM
3,670 signed! Keep it going!

(DO NOT FORGET TO GO TO YOUR email and click "letter to gop" weblink, your signature will be on the list right away)

smartguy911
06-06-2008, 03:14 PM
sweet 3686 people have signed it :-)

Sandra
06-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I wish we could use a chipin for gambling purposes related to this letter. Then the winner could donate the winnings to the Liberty tasked organization of their choice. ....don''t tell me..... it's illegal. :(

speciallyblend
06-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Well , I have called about every source i could to let them know ,this is legit. so if you see anyone with concerns direct them to this forum and my id ok:) thank you Kenny

runningdiz
06-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Interesting idea. The signatures appear to be coming in at a quick rate.

speciallyblend
06-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Shout Out 3,917 Va Beach Va , My Hometown,

MRoCkEd
06-06-2008, 06:19 PM
up to #3,919
let's get this to 4,000

Sandra
06-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Keep this bumped for the weekend!

Sandra
06-06-2008, 07:30 PM
14 more!

haigh
06-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I scrolled to the end at 9:42 PM EDT 6/6 and the tally was at 4,005.

It sure is too bad all those who did "write-in" didn't go for Barr. It would deliver a much bigger slash to the jugular of the GOP.

pepperpete1
06-06-2008, 09:38 PM
It's too bad that they get to see the indecisiveness in our group. All signatures should have been to write in Ron Paul. Merely my opinion. Dr. Paul is one of them, that they chose to shun and ridicule. He was never given the credence and respect of his peers. Even doctor's and cops protect their own. No one says they had to bow down and kiss his feet (though I think they should have). They could have afforded him an equal chance same as the other candidates. I have had people tell me that they think Ron Paul really doesn't want the job. That he really didn't think it would get this far. Donkey doo, there is no one running or ran this year that is better qualified.
Thanks for letting me vent.

RPTXState
06-06-2008, 10:03 PM
It's too bad that they get to see the indecisiveness in our group. All signatures should have been to write in Ron Paul. Merely my opinion. Dr. Paul is one of them, that they chose to shun and ridicule. He was never given the credence and respect of his peers. Even doctor's and cops protect their own. No one says they had to bow down and kiss his feet (though I think they should have). They could have afforded him an equal chance same as the other candidates. I have had people tell me that they think Ron Paul really doesn't want the job. That he really didn't think it would get this far. Donkey doo, there is no one running or ran this year that is better qualified.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Can't write in someone in Texas unless they are a declared write-in. Chances are very likely that Ron Paul won't declare himself a write-in candidate, so any "write-in" vote for RP will not be counted- period, no discussion.

I'd rather vote for someone who I can actually vote for.

pepperpete1
06-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Can't write in someone in Texas unless they are a declared write-in. Chances are very likely that Ron Paul won't declare himself a write-in candidate, so any "write-in" vote for RP will not be counted- period, no discussion.

I'd rather vote for someone who I can actually vote for.

Unless you are one of the 538 chosen persons casting your vote on Dec.13th, for one of the candidates on the ballot, your vote is not going to count anyway. Period no discussion.;)

brooklyn
06-07-2008, 12:38 AM
signed!

RPTXState
06-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Unless you are one of the 538 chosen persons casting your vote on Dec.13th, for one of the candidates on the ballot, your vote is not going to count anyway. Period no discussion.;)

What I mean is, not on the Public record. Instead of showing

Write In Canidates: Ron Paul (270,355)

It will show nothing. It makes the work too easy for Diebold.

speciallyblend
06-07-2008, 09:22 AM
i assure you when the time comes to vote ,we will not waste our vote on a dem or a republican(mccain)

I did choose write in, my wife did barr,but in the end, we will all make our vote count hint;) my vote will go to the lp before id ever vote for a war monger dem or republican.

any vote that isnt for a republican is against a republican:) the fact is this whole list drains the republican party,no matter where the vote goes.. It doesn't go to mccain and that's the point;)

The republican party has destroyed the party over so called "party unity my ass"

tnvoter
06-07-2008, 04:06 PM
signed

ronpaulhawaii
06-07-2008, 04:34 PM
It sure is too bad all those who did "write-in" didn't go for Barr. It would deliver a much bigger slash to the jugular of the GOP.

+2008

tnvoter
06-07-2008, 08:11 PM
A lot of simply haven't made up our mind yet mainly because

a. There haven't been ANY national conventions yet
b. There haven't been any debates showing how bad Obama and McCain are against each other, and how bad they are for our country.
and
c. It's still too early a lot of people haven't looked into third party candidates YET, and frankly a lot of people may just stay home this year out of disgust.

speciallyblend
06-07-2008, 11:05 PM
last time i looked the letter does unite one thing, WE WILL NOT VOTE FOR McCAIN, that's the message 99 signers before 5,000

RPTXState
06-07-2008, 11:42 PM
ugg...rate of new sigs is slowing down considerably. We need to keep on spreading this around- RPF/Daily Paul/ Ronpaul.com are probably tapped.

sidster
06-08-2008, 12:56 AM
As of this post I see "Voter #4,938" I was hoping to see the number
in the 6000.

Is this being emailed to meetup groups?

sidster
06-08-2008, 12:58 AM
One suggestion, can the person hosting the site have a link
showing statistics of number people signed per state?

pepperpete1
06-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Did you sign this yet? Please do.

Sandra
06-08-2008, 04:46 PM
5350!

Sandra
06-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Lots of folks are forgetting to verify with the email link , I think.

pinkmandy
06-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Bump.

fr33domfightr
06-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Can someone please get this on MySpace and/or Facebook???

FF

MRoCkEd
06-09-2008, 08:03 AM
video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LhiNk5_rsw

mt4rp
06-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Seeing this doesn't cost any $$$ I'm amazed it hasn't taken off better.
Keep spreading the message.

Rangeley
06-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Has anyone considered making a group for this on facebook or myspace (if thats even possible)?

speciallyblend
06-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Seeing this doesn't cost any $$$ I'm amazed it hasn't taken off better.
Keep spreading the message.

we haven't even cracked the egg open yet, this was just started last week and it hasn't even hit media yet, so do what you gotta do and spread it..... it just started, once it starts spreading it will snowball.... we wanted 10,000 in a month;) so that tells you something

we have over 7000 already in one week ,people need to verify your emails....... we have had a few dumb ass mccain spammers but they were pennies to whats happening;)..........

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK , the goal was 100,000 to 500,000 ,but 1 million by sept 1st could happen?;) though i think we can do better then that;)

I should have a 4 way flyer and some letter to editors that people can copy and paste and rename before wed?? but feel free to make your own, this has only just begun;)

wgadget
06-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Just thought you'd like to know....Someone's parsing our letter.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/06/08/205140.php

speciallyblend
06-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Just thought you'd like to know....Someone's parsing our letter.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/06/08/205140.php

comments are better then the article!!, plus we are getting people who are signing from that url, let them write about it:)

enjerth
06-09-2008, 05:33 PM

PatriotnMore
06-10-2008, 02:11 AM
6,152 have only signed this letter as of the writing of this post.
WTF?
That is a ridiculously low number for the amount of time this has been available. If this is the best we can do to get the word out to others, especially on the INTERNET, we might as well pack it up. I have posted the link on at least four other forums I participate on, if everyone on this site has done the same, and this is all we can muster, we have no chance for a Ron Paul GOP ticket in 08.
God, for once I wish this Country could get someone worth a damn in office.

speciallyblend
06-10-2008, 06:27 AM
6,152 have only signed this letter as of the writing of this post.
WTF?
That is a ridiculously low number for the amount of time this has been available. If this is the best we can do to get the word out to others, especially on the INTERNET, we might as well pack it up. I have posted the link on at least four other forums I participate on, if everyone on this site has done the same, and this is all we can muster, we have no chance for a Ron Paul GOP ticket in 08.
God, for once I wish this Country could get someone worth a damn in office.

look this started like 7 days ago, with no pre marketing and we have over 2000 waiting to confirm, so i think your jumping the gun a lil, we have done extremely well considering this just started 7 days ago, all the other events and bombs your talking about were pre advertised. i thank you for posting this on forums etc,but it's just begun and we havent even done a press release yet ,since we are waiting to hit 10,000, we are dam close the non-confirmed emails havent been counted yet,so keep spreading far and wide,we just had our first video made the otherday, so calm down it has just begun......... thank you

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Has anyone considered making a group for this on facebook or myspace (if thats even possible)?

This is completely OT, but Rangeley, IS THAT A DACHSHUND IN YOUR PROFILE PIC?!! OMG!!! I LOVE DACHSHUNDS!!! I HAVE THREE!!!

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled diatribe.... :D

Sign the letter, follks:

speciallyblend
06-10-2008, 06:43 AM
This is completely OT, but Rangeley, IS THAT A DACHSHUND IN YOUR PROFILE PIC?!! OMG!!! I LOVE DACHSHUNDS!!! I HAVE THREE!!!

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled diatribe.... :D

Sign the letter, follks:

looks like a golden retriever but i can see at first glance you might think it was a hot dog:) i love them to ,though i like cats, not so demanding as dogs:)

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 06:47 AM
looks like a golden retriever but i can see at first glance you might think it was a hot dog:) i love them to ,though i like cats, not so demanding as dogs:)

LOL! I wonder if Ron and Carol Paul have any dogs or cats? I would send them patriotic milk bones!

goldstandard
06-10-2008, 04:39 PM
bump

itshappening
06-10-2008, 05:50 PM
nearly 7,000!

speciallyblend
06-10-2008, 09:17 PM
nearly 7,000!

we had almost 2000 non verified ,so i have been clicking away resending them,hopefully most will verify .... im down to under 900 now and more clicking sigh:) anyway keep spreading the letter. it is taking off only about 50-70 bogus emails so thats not bad;)

speciallyblend
06-11-2008, 05:29 AM
bump for my clicking fingers, resent almost 2000 signature verifications out yesterday hopefully people will check their emails or at least contact the email...if they have issues ,so i can approve them, ALMOST 7000 SIGNED UP WITH NO ISSUES, SO LETS GET PEOPLE TO VERIFY THEIR EMAILS?????

Carole
06-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Already signed, but 7284 signatures so far. :D

MRoCkEd
06-11-2008, 07:40 AM

speciallyblend
06-11-2008, 04:43 PM
OK,for anyone with any concerns about the letter. I take full responsibility for the letter ,until my friend can step forward, so if anyone has any concerns please just im me,thank you kenny

this letter is by republicans who are over being kicked(pick location) by mccain and the gop..

RCA
06-11-2008, 05:52 PM

speciallyblend
06-12-2008, 11:49 AM
bump , we will be providing a press release soon for everyone who signed up on the list to give to media , i have almost 1000 unverified signers now not on the list hmmm? i will be working that list asap...
thank you everyone, let's get this list to 10,000 asap ,then we will release our press release for all media;)

sidster
06-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I had posted (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=141358&page=12#post1501904) earlier in this thread, indicating interest (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=141358&page=12#post1501904) in a simple
report of how each state voted. Well, here is a simple breakdown
of the signature data (http://sidster.org/freedom/lettertogop.com.analysis.html). It isn't so much of an analysis than a simple
report. Personally, I think this is somewhat interesting. It shows
how many people from which states, which party affiliation, and
likelihood of their November vote.

(comments welcome)

Here is a simple (text version) breakdown report per party basis.
For the per state version see the original html report.

At the time of generation 8673 Individuals had signed the letter (more detail (http://sidster.org/freedom/lettertogop.com.analysis.html)).

All:
Voters: 8673 (100.0%)
Would Vote Ron Paul: 100.0%
Otherwise:
Write-In: 58.0%
Other: 12.4%
None: 5.1%
Obama: 8.8%
Barr: 15.8%

Party: Independent
Voters: 933 (10.8%)
Otherwise:
Write-In: 53.8%
Other: 12.3%
None: 4.8%
Obama: 14.6%
Barr: 14.5%
Party: Other
Voters: 233 (2.7%)
Otherwise:
Write-In: 52.8%
Other: 18.5%
None: 5.6%
Obama: 12.4%
Barr: 10.7%
Party: None
Voters: 500 (5.8%)
Otherwise:
Write-In: 52.8%
Other: 9.2%
None: 12.0%
Obama: 14.4%
Barr: 11.6%
Party: Democrat
Voters: 332 (3.8%)
Otherwise:
Write-In: 45.2%
Other: 7.8%
None: 8.1%
Obama: 32.2%
Barr: 6.6%
Party: Libertarian
Voters: 275 (3.2%)
Otherwise:
Write-In: 42.5%
Other: 4.7%
None: 5.1%
Obama: 8.7%
Barr: 38.9%
Party: Green
Voters: 20 (0.2%)
Otherwise:
Write-In: 50.0%
Other: 20.0%
Obama: 20.0%
Barr: 10.0%
Party: Republican
Voters: 6380 (73.6%)
Otherwise:
Write-In: 60.6%
Other: 12.9%
None: 4.4%
Obama: 6.1%
Barr: 16.0%

ronpaulhawaii
06-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Interesting data set - Thanks for posting and look forward to updates

sidster
06-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Interesting data set - Thanks for posting and look forward to updates

Maybe I'm bored or something... but another interesting stat
is the number of signatures per state:

CA 1083 (12.5%) TX 692 (8.0%)
FL 501 (5.8%) PA 396 (4.6%)
WA 365 (4.2%) OH 365 (4.2%)
MI 295 (3.4%) NY 285 (3.3%)
AZ 256 (3.0%) GA 244 (2.8%)
CO 239 (2.8%) IL 232 (2.7%)
MN 230 (2.7%) NJ 229 (2.6%)
MO 208 (2.4%) NC 207 (2.4%)
VA 191 (2.2%) TN 186 (2.1%)
IN 176 (2.0%) WI 170 (2.0%)
UT 155 (1.8%) OR 150 (1.7%)
MT 137 (1.6%) NV 130 (1.5%)
OK 129 (1.5%) AL 106 (1.2%)
MD 97 (1.1%) LA 94 (1.1%)
IA 92 (1.1%) ID 91 (1.0%)
SC 90 (1.0%) KY 89 (1.0%)
MA 79 (0.9%) KS 77 (0.9%)
NM 70 (0.8%) CT 70 (0.8%)
NE 56 (0.6%) ME 50 (0.6%)
AR 50 (0.6%) NH 45 (0.5%)
MS 39 (0.4%) WV 32 (0.4%)
SD 29 (0.3%) RI 28 (0.3%)
WY 27 (0.3%) HI 27 (0.3%)
ND 25 (0.3%) AK 24 (0.3%)
VT 18 (0.2%) DC 9 (0.1%)
DE 8 (0.1%)

Not sure but it looks like the word isn't getting around to the
other states. By far CA, FL and TX dominate the signatures.

I'm wondering if that is consistent with the geographic distribution
of RPF members?

I'd be curious to find out how the site is being promoted and
primarily through which mediums? Obviously a good majority
of states aren't being represented it seems. Something the
site owners should focus on.

speciallyblend
06-15-2008, 09:50 PM
thanks sidster, just im me, i could use your help;) we are trying to hit 10,000 then we will do a press release and we will email this press release out to the confirmed signers in hopes they will boost the signatures, we are gonna try to add the campaign for liberty link on to this email for the signers as well, odds are many of the signers have already signed up for the campaign for liberty,but you never know.

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 08:42 AM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
06-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Maybe I'm bored or something... but another interesting stat
is the number of signatures per state:

CA 1083 (12.5%) TX 692 (8.0%)
FL 501 (5.8%) PA 396 (4.6%)
WA 365 (4.2%) OH 365 (4.2%)
MI 295 (3.4%) NY 285 (3.3%)
AZ 256 (3.0%) GA 244 (2.8%)
CO 239 (2.8%) IL 232 (2.7%)
MN 230 (2.7%) NJ 229 (2.6%)
MO 208 (2.4%) NC 207 (2.4%)
VA 191 (2.2%) TN 186 (2.1%)
IN 176 (2.0%) WI 170 (2.0%)
UT 155 (1.8%) OR 150 (1.7%)
MT 137 (1.6%) NV 130 (1.5%)
OK 129 (1.5%) AL 106 (1.2%)
MD 97 (1.1%) LA 94 (1.1%)
IA 92 (1.1%) ID 91 (1.0%)
SC 90 (1.0%) KY 89 (1.0%)
MA 79 (0.9%) KS 77 (0.9%)
NM 70 (0.8%) CT 70 (0.8%)
NE 56 (0.6%) ME 50 (0.6%)
AR 50 (0.6%) NH 45 (0.5%)
MS 39 (0.4%) WV 32 (0.4%)
SD 29 (0.3%) RI 28 (0.3%)
WY 27 (0.3%) HI 27 (0.3%)
ND 25 (0.3%) AK 24 (0.3%)
VT 18 (0.2%) DC 9 (0.1%)
DE 8 (0.1%)

Not sure but it looks like the word isn't getting around to the
other states. By far CA, FL and TX dominate the signatures.

I'm wondering if that is consistent with the geographic distribution
of RPF members?

I'd be curious to find out how the site is being promoted and
primarily through which mediums? Obviously a good majority
of states aren't being represented it seems. Something the
site owners should focus on.

Yes, this data is helpful, thanks for making good use of downtime :)

SnappleLlama
06-16-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure the link was posted to my meetup group (Harrisburg, PA), but I can include the link in my Cat Wrangler assignments, as well.