PDA

View Full Version : To be an Activist

mediahasyou
06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
You might just be making the 4 most common mistakes.
This needs to be adressed now. It's been going around here forever.

We've all heard it: "I'm so upset that so and so didn't do this", "he's not leading, no one will help me", "I have no funding". You're making a big mistake.

1. Don't wait for others. Instead of waiting from orders from the top. Just go out and do it.

2. Become self motivated. Don't outcome dependent. Meaning if something doesn't go your way, keep at it. Remember you are now self directed...you are doing this for yourself.

3. However, do join others when it is to your advantage. Don't be afraid of copying others or doing "their thing". The more the merrior. However, don't become dependent on others. Don't start a project that you can't fund yourself. If you have no money, make a project with no money. Others donations to your project should only make your project that much better. But don't depend on others for funding.

Plus we're broke here. Money bomb after money bomb, our wallets are all burnt out.

4. Some of your politically active projects will fail but in the competition of life only the strongest survive. After much practice, maybe months you will be a strong headed polical activist...Ready, to take on the world.

Ron Paul was not stupid. He understands history, and understands revolutions. All revolutions that ever happened came straight from the people. That's why he's fizzled out so quickly. That's why he has not given orders. This movement has to come from the heart of the people within. Not just of one man. Make this movement strong from the bottom up.

For this same reason the campaign created precinct leaders. The campaign needs leaders, not just paul, but thousands. Thousands of thousands of people need to be heard and respected in this movement. And if your a precinct leader...GO and DO SOMETHING...Your are a FUCKING RON PAUL PRECINCT LEADER. You are the shit.

So get off your rear. Be the active, part of activist. Not a wimp. Don't wait for others. FTW. Just do it.

Thank you for your time,
MHY

PS: If you don't know already this post was based entirely on the first code of the code of conduct of Freedom Force International. It's a quick. must read.
http://www.freedom-force.org/freedom.cfm?fuseaction=membership

Primbs
06-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Good stuff.

Doktor_Jeep
06-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Remember this:

Your best efforts will always fail.

Ok that's not pep talk. But it's true.

You see, when you give it 1000 percent effort, to the point you are half insane and ready to collapse, your efforts will fail. You will get burned out, and 20 years from now you will be a typical overweight pill-popping sheeploid watching TV. You won't even remember you were here.

Why is that?

Because all best efforts fail.

They fail because there is a threshold where the effort put into an endeavor will build expectations that will exceed the ability of the results to produce results that will satisfy you.

Think of it this way: if you go to the corner pub for a beer (to start some brushfires in the minds of other perhaps?) it can be a simple ale or a pilsner.

But if you had to go around the world for it, there is no beer on the planet that makes the trip worthwhile.

Best efforts fail. Sorry to tell you all that.

But. There is always a but.

Constant effort will ALWAYS succeed over time.

When I competed in my first pistol match, I could not hit the broad side of a barn, even if I was inside of it. I could have purchased piles of videos, went to various schools that teach shooting, and perhaps arranged my lifestyle so that I could live on my own shooting range.

But I did not. I knew people like that. They still lost, but even when shooting a damned good course of fire, they were still mentally dysfunctional about the whole thing and if something actually did go wrong they acted like five year olds. Be a range officer for your next state level USPSA match and you will see what I mean.

So I shot my two monthly matches, and some bowling pins every tuesday for several years. Once a month I went shooting with Dad. That was back when the old man was still alive and breaking balls.

What do I have now?

A wall full of trophies. I laugh at them, because I hardly did any real effort. All I did was get better, because I never gave up.

For politics we have time on our side. Surely it seems like the nation is gone and there won't be another chance, but that does not matter. What matters is that we have a community of patriots who all want one thing: freedom. You don't need a nation, or to reform one that is lost, you need a community. Look up "Rule of 10s" and you will see what I mean - and that goes back to the start if civilisation.

And the people who get to choose presidential candidates, while letting the people, with their 3rd grade level civics knowledge, think they actually choose a president. Those of use who have been to conventions and caucuses have seen the sold out, corrupt, and outright evil old cranks who all say how they have been "doing this since 1980, or 1970, or whatever".

Yeah, they have been screwing us for 20, 30, 40+ years.

And how much effort have they put into it when nobody else but them have shown up or ran for PCO?

Nobody needs to change their entire life, stop being how they are, give up everything they know, or drop old friends or abandon family. Many hands make for light work. Keep at this and we will win eventually.

Time, with or without a United States, or a Republican party, is on our side.

Just keep at it and never give up.