PDA

View Full Version : McCain wants Obama to do a series of local townhall meetings

mmink15
06-04-2008, 01:34 PM
If this ends up happening we should try to have a large attendence at each of them. Inside asking questions, outside holding signs and chanting in the "free speech zones", outside getting TV interviews if possible(it might be now that Ron Paul "can't win"), maybe passing out copies of "Revolution: A Manifesto" to the crowds.

This could be an excellent oppurtunity to educate our fellow Americans. If it has become an awareness campaign this is a great way to kick it off.

Jeremy
06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Or just ask them questions that they wouldn't understand.

TruthisTreason
06-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Why come McCain gets to set the rules? Mccain wants ten debates, let him have five the way he wants and Obama have the other five in the setting he wants. I'd like to see a 3 hour debate, really crank up the heat. :cool:

SLSteven
06-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Why come McCain gets to set the rules? Mccain wants ten debates, let him have five the way he wants and Obama have the other five in the setting he wants. I'd like to see a 3 hour debate, really crank up the heat. :cool:

I don't think I could stomach 3 hours straight of Obama and McCain. I'd rather play 3 hours of tic tac toe

itshappening
06-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Bob Barr challenged McCain to debates too.

tommyzDad
06-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't think I could stomach 3 hours straight of Obama and McCain. I'd rather play 3 hours of tic tac toe

No kidding. I'd rather undergo the knife with that guy from the movie Marathon Man, than sit through that numbing experience! "Is it safe?" :eek:

TruthisTreason
06-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Bob Barr challenged McCain to debates too.

McCain is probably still trying to catch his breath from laughter.

Lord Xar
06-04-2008, 05:20 PM
why nobody is asking McCain why he appointed "mexico first politician Juan Hernandez" on his stafff, why the amnesty bill he supported was filled with gross loopholes. Why he is allowing and believes in buying citizenship... why someone doesn't ask this. I don't know.

Mr. McCain, if over 80% of the American Public does NOT want Amnesty and wants greater border security and the rule of law followed, and you are still considering amnesty and the open border policy of the bush administration - one would have to ask - "If its your duty to represent the american citizen, and you are clearly not - then who are your represetning?"

LibertyEagle
06-04-2008, 05:23 PM
"If its your duty to represent the american citizen, and you are clearly not - then who are your represetning?"

Oooh. That's good. :D

RSLudlum
06-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Townhall meeting??? Just how big is your average 'townhall'? If you want to attend one of these proposed townhall meetings, I would suggest you camp out in the parking lot the night before. And don't forget to bring your dog to help steer the flock into the doors. ;)

Lord Xar
06-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Oooh. That's good. :D

That has been my mantra when asking myself if a poltician is corrupt and working as the puppet to the puppet master.

IF the american citizen is shouting out for something, and the politician does the opposite. that tells you all you need to know.

I would love for him to have a TownHall here is Los Angeles - I would ask that.

We need to ask this of him wherever he goes. The same question.

These guys are puppets. We need to expose them to the voters. Wherever they go.

phixion
06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Sounds like an ideal setting for a crazy to unload a few rounds in to Obama.

Pete

WarningSLO
06-05-2008, 12:03 PM
That has been my mantra when asking myself if a poltician is corrupt and working as the puppet to the puppet master.

IF the american citizen is shouting out for something, and the politician does the opposite. that tells you all you need to know.

So long as whatever the American citizen is shouting out for is constitutional.

fr33domfightr
06-05-2008, 12:26 PM
First, John McCain wants these debates so he can get noticed by the media. He feels left out, period.

Second, he makes the proposal for a debate style that he's probably more comfortable with. It would benefit Obama to make a counterproposal in his stronger style.

Third, if McCain can lock Obama into debates, when a third party candidate wants to debate, McCain can say, "I can't, I've already planned 10 debates, yada, yada, yada." It's a way to lock out other parties.

FF

dannno
06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Obama should request debates with a crowd of 10,000+

McCain knows he'll get pwned in a debate with a lot of people.

Fyretrohl
06-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Could we hope for a series of duels with pistols at 50 meters and hope for a good outcome for America?

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-05-2008, 12:55 PM
This would completely destroy Pappy McCain. He'll probably bow out after the first one or two, if they happen. Obama is a fraud, but he is a charismatic fraud. This is how he suckered in so many people in the first place. McCain's dull, hundred year old sourpuss style will send him down in a landslide defeat faster and sooner than anything else could this election season.

Nice thinking, McKook. You're tying the noose to hang yourself with these debates.

Aidyl
06-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Sounds like an ideal setting for a crazy to unload a few rounds in to Obama.

Pete

is that you, Huckabee?

Matt Collins
06-05-2008, 08:22 PM
This is what happened at McCain's last town hall event:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=141492&highlight=nashville

satchelmcqueen
06-05-2008, 09:13 PM
youre all missing the real story here. McCain is now challenging obama, EVEN THOUGH HE NEVER BEAT PAUL AT EVEN 1 DEBATE! And still hasnt had a 1 on 1 with Paul. McCain is a COWARD and is dodging unfinished business with Paul. Why dont we push this? Why doesnt Paul challenge mcCain or both guys to a debate? This isnt right.