PDA

View Full Version : The U.S. Tried banning guns...it didn't stem violence. Look at what they're trying fo

maeqFREEDOMfree
06-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Title way too long.. sorry about that. here's what' they are trying for round two. do they honestly think this is going to work?

ht tp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/04/AR2008060402205.html

link here (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/04/AR2008060402205.html)

highlights:

"Drivers will have to show identification proving they live in the neighborhood, or explain why they are in the area."

"Police will search cars if they feel they have probable cause to do so. Drivers who don't cooperate with the request to produce identification or who object to being refused entrance to the block could face arrest for failing to obey police."

the police state is hitting puberty!

acptulsa
06-04-2008, 01:02 PM
"Those lacking identification or a reason to be in the neighborhood will be forced to leave."

So, people who violate our borders illegally are left unharassed unless the INS can get around to them but those Americans who wander into the wrong neighborhood have their papers checked, and if not in order, are forcibly relocated...

newyearsrevolution08
06-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Wow, identification papers for a neighborhood. When that time comes, it is sad that most Americans will simply concede to it too.

The time will come for us to stand up whether by voice or force and I feel there are many who will be ready for that time.

acptulsa
06-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Once upon a time the Supreme Court decided that we do not need to show i.d. just to walk down the street. I'm just cussid enough to push this issue. I need to look up the designation of that precedent...

maeqFREEDOMfree
06-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow, identification papers for a neighborhood. When that time comes, it is sad that most Americans will simply concede to it too.

The time will come for us to stand up whether by voice or force and I feel there are many who will be ready for that time.

I agree i think many will be ready... but since it's brought up... what can people do to combat things like this?

One place that will have its ducks in a row if this ever happened would be the free staters in NH... but i don't think they'd ever let it get this far.

newyearsrevolution08
06-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I agree i think many will be ready... but since it's brought up... what can people do to combat things like this?

One place that will have its ducks in a row if this ever happened would be the free staters in NH... but i don't think they'd ever let it get this far.

The free state idea does not help ALL states. I think it should be a state by state effort. My first thought would be organizing in "gun friendly" states and take it from there.

Revolutions are not always peaceful BUT will stay that way until we don't really have any other choice indeed.

I love my country just like everyone else and the second amendment means alot to all of us whether we care for guns or not, its the RIGHTS themselves that we need to FIGHT for to keep.

To combat it now? I would assume contacting city, state, federal level and let them know to start BUT what would work best imho would be getting the word out as to what these politicians are trying to do LOCALLY and get informed, educated and ready for whatever might happen next.

These rights MUST be kept at all costs.

hillbilly123069
06-04-2008, 03:09 PM
For the rest of us
Once upon a time the Supreme Court decided that we do not need to show i.d. just to walk down the street. I'm just cussid enough to push this issue. I need to look up the designation of that precedent...

maeqFREEDOMfree
06-04-2008, 03:15 PM
The free state idea does not help ALL states. I think it should be a state by state effort. My first thought would be organizing in "gun friendly" states and take it from there.

Revolutions are not always peaceful BUT will stay that way until we don't really have any other choice indeed.

I love my country just like everyone else and the second amendment means alot to all of us whether we care for guns or not, its the RIGHTS themselves that we need to FIGHT for to keep.

To combat it now? I would assume contacting city, state, federal level and let them know to start BUT what would work best imho would be getting the word out as to what these politicians are trying to do LOCALLY and get informed, educated and ready for whatever might happen next.

These rights MUST be kept at all costs.

totally agree~
getting the word out is probably the best action at this time. It's so frustrating sometimes when you come across people that don't care because "it doesn't effect me". i don't get how people can refuse to see what this could lead to and that if deploying police like this isn't made an issue, it'll be on all our doorsteps. GRRR

Nirvikalpa
06-04-2008, 05:47 PM
"Those lacking identification or a reason to be in the neighborhood will be forced to leave."

So, people who violate our borders illegally are left unharassed unless the INS can get around to them but those Americans who wander into the wrong neighborhood have their papers checked, and if not in order, are forcibly relocated...

Welcome to America. :D

Most are just going to accept it and conform to any standard the government wants. Cold honest truth.

newyearsrevolution08
06-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Welcome to America. :D

Most are just going to accept it and conform to any standard the government wants. Cold honest truth.

I was just talking about that with my wife as well. If someone gets threatened with jail or fines MOST will just give in and concede to it.

How fucking sad is that.....

Carehn
06-05-2008, 05:59 AM
This is insane!!! They can't tell you to leave.
In Obamas new communist America you don't f&ck the mule. the mule f&cks you!

maeqFREEDOMfree
06-05-2008, 06:23 AM
looks like they changed the text in the story... i can't find the quotes i highlighted yesterday... strange