Cheap, easy, and no patent.

Why no headlines?:rolleyes:

http://www.depmed.ualberta.ca/dca/

yongrel
06-04-2008, 08:00 AM
whoa, spiffy

Conza88
06-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Buzz about this in Aus, awhile ago - but it was from an Aus university..

*shrugs*

amy31416
06-04-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm reading up on it now, looks interesting, but I can't find any updates yet for 2008.

pcosmar
06-04-2008, 08:09 AM
I am sure those with a profit motive would have reasons to suppress a cure.
It would be nice to see the the Cancer "threat" reduced to a nuisance.

Dr.3D
06-04-2008, 08:14 AM
A little video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzJs7g6He88

dsentell
06-04-2008, 08:31 AM
There are several natural treatments that purport to cure cancer. Have you ever heard of Rene Caisse, "Canada's Cancer Nurse", who reportedly cured hundred of patients with her herbal tea, Essiac.

pcosmar got it exactly right. The medical establishment does not want a cancer cure. Rather, they want the opportunity to treat it, using high dollar drugs and equipment, over a long period of time. Just think of the billions that healthcare would lose.

By the way, my husband and I take Essiac as a preventative. Cost? $25 per year for the two of us.

$25 to cure cancer?!?!? No wonder the medical establishment does not want to talk about it!

amy31416
06-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Looks like it may be a good alternative for chemo in certain types of cancers--but don't go trying to self-administer, it can cause nerve damage and screw up your liver big-time.

ronpaulhawaii
06-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Looks like it may be a good alternative for chemo in certain types of cancers--but don't go trying to self-administer, it can cause nerve damage and screw up your liver big-time.

:D a chemist around when you need one, imagine that...

Thank you for the fine analysis, Doc... I mean, Amy:)

Nirvikalpa
06-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Amazing. But as people have said before me, the don't want a cure... too much money would be lost. It's such a shame.

amy31416
06-04-2008, 04:00 PM
:D a chemist around when you need one, imagine that...

Thank you for the fine analysis, Doc... I mean, Amy:)

The things that sucks so very completely is that this is now yet another chemical that the government is restricting due to a few people allegedly attempting to treat themselves.

If I recall correctly, it probably isn't that difficult to make, but probably somewhat dangerous without proper equipment. Grrrumble.

asgardshill
06-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm slightly disturbed about Dr. Michelakis' rattling of the begging bowl on the same web page as the announcement. Don't they do grants in Canada?

sedele
06-04-2008, 11:18 PM
There are several natural treatments that purport to cure cancer. Have you ever heard of Rene Caisse, "Canada's Cancer Nurse", who reportedly cured hundred of patients with her herbal tea, Essiac.

pcosmar got it exactly right. The medical establishment does not want a cancer cure. Rather, they want the opportunity to treat it, using high dollar drugs and equipment, over a long period of time. Just think of the billions that healthcare would lose.

By the way, my husband and I take Essiac as a preventative. Cost? $25 per year for the two of us.

$25 to cure cancer?!?!? No wonder the medical establishment does not want to talk about it!

I've been researching essiac tea for a few months now and am going to start taking it.

How has it benefited you and your husband and where do you get it?

amy31416
06-05-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm slightly disturbed about Dr. Michelakis' rattling of the begging bowl on the same web page as the announcement. Don't they do grants in Canada?

For some reason, the study appears to not be grant-funded. Not sure if that has to do with a lack of the capability to profit or if that's the way they roll in CA.