Gas: $100.00
Hotel (3 days): $260.01
GOP Facility Fee: $35.00
-----optional (I think)--------
GOP Banquet Fee: $75.00
Prayer Rally: $5.00
Texas GOP County Chairmen's Association Buffet Style Brunch: $50
-----Not Going To (optional)-----
Grassroots Training: $10.00 + $86.67 for another hotel day.

It's not a huge sum of money but it's a lot more money than I have. Even the smallest donations will help.

Matt Davidson
06-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Post to your local meetup. I guarantee you that someone will let you sleep on a cot in their hotel room. If you can't get anyone, I know a guy who will likely be at the convention, so let me know.

Matt

Kotin
06-04-2008, 04:31 PM
bump

RPTXState
06-04-2008, 04:59 PM
The cost of a hotel for 3 days in Houston is phenomenally high. I think a lot of hotels raised their prices because of the state convention. Couple that with the price of gas for driving 4 or 5 hours. As a 19 year old college student I just don't think I can afford it. My parents aren't political so they aren't too sympathetic. I'm determined to go no matter what though. If anyone can help me with the costs I would be extremely grateful. Our local Meetup group hasn't met since December, and I asked if the campaign could simply give me back the few hundred dollars I donated previously- but they said they couldn't. If any patriots can help me out I'll do whatever I can at the convention to gather a strong showing for Ron Paul. Just whatever anyone can spare would be fantastic.

-Joseph
Joseph.yaz@gmail.com

Talk to the Houston Meetup group- you might be able to stay at someone's house and skip the hotel. I'd offer you a room (i live about 35 miles away), but my Kucinich-supporting parents wouldn't allow it.....

newyearsrevolution08
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I feel bad for asking for help. I've been saving money but I really don't have enough right now to get a hotel for 3 days.

Estimated Costs:

Gas: $100.00
Hotel (3 days): $260.01
GOP Facility Fee: $35.00
-----optional (I think)--------
GOP Banquet Fee: $75.00
Prayer Rally: $5.00
Texas GOP County Chairmen's Association Buffet Style Brunch: $50
-----Not Going To (optional)-----
Grassroots Training: $10.00 + $86.67 for another hotel day.

It's not a huge sum of money but it's a lot more money than I have. Even the smallest donations will help.

This is a reason why you don't jump in feet first as well. I am still not sure if I can afford going to the march BUT I am not saying YES to something I cannot 100% be able to do on my own without financial help.

I see the point in getting as many delegates to the convention as possible but those who spoke up to be one should have FIRST made sure they could even afford to go.....

Hind sight I know BUT most ron paul meetup groups are NOT active in the least as sad as it sounds BUT is reality and hand outs is few and far between.

I would sell materialistic stuff NOW and then after the convention THEN work towards getting the stuff back.

For instance I am looking into selling a few guns I have, my drumset among other things to pay for tickets and so forth.

Pick up cans, hustle the money up, you have more then enough time to get the funds you need by the convention. Get creative

I would love to be at the convention as well, my priority is getting funds for the march though since I am NOT a delegate BUT if I can be at the convention in support as well then that will be my next fund raising effort for my little family.

It is amazing what a person can do if they are really wanting something to happen.

yaz
06-04-2008, 06:00 PM
First of all there were very few Paul supporters at the county convention. Second of all I was chosen by the nominating committee and would rather fill a spot rather than a McCain supporter. Lastly, unfortunately I have to "fund raise" and work for the costs of college and other things that are top priority right now. Of course I do the best I can with what I have.

therealjjj77
06-04-2008, 06:10 PM
First of all there were very few Paul supporters at the county convention. Second of all I was chosen by the nominating committee and would rather fill a spot rather than a McCain supporter. Lastly, unfortunately I have to "fund raise" and work for the costs of college and other things that are top priority right now. Of course I do the best I can with what I have.

Contacting people in your meetup group would be best as you can probably car pool with them and split a hotel. Usually at these things in the past 5-6 people share a room for the night. Bring a sleeping bag and camp out on the floor. =P If you can't find someone that way, then find a non-ron paul delegate, maybe someone you know in your local GOP, and see if you can split the cost of the room with one of them. Explain your situation. It would be a great opportunity to chat with them about the issues. Make friends with those people. =D You may just make one or two more Ron Paul delegates in the process.