PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Ron Paul Pictures

skiingff
08-24-2007, 06:35 PM
My apologies for the delay in response. I’ve been working with our production team on the images you’d like to use in the ad. Everything looks great, however, the quality and size of the photos are just too small to look clear on television. When the commercial goes on air, it will be reformatted to fit the size of a television screen and when that is done the images will be enlarged and stretched. In their current form, they will become very grainy and incredibly pixilated; simply put, it will be too blurry and not look clear.

Would you be able to send me any higher quality versions of those photos, or perhaps additional images? Everything else looks wonderful, and we can move forward with this as soon as we have higher resolution images. I’ve included the minimum requirements below for your convenience, and please give me a call if you have any questions.

Accepted Formats Min Resolution Min. Max. Min Quality

Logo JPEG, TIFF, GIF, BMP 360x240 pixels 30k 10Mb 72 pixels/inch

Photo JPEG, TIFF, BMP 1200x900 pixels 500k 10Mb 72 pixels/inch

Headshot JPEG, TIFF, BMP 200x300 pixels 50k 10Mb 72 pixels/inch

Best regards,

Kara Thirkill

Spot Runner Consulting Services

phone: 310-424-2108

toll free: 888-880-SPOT ext 2108

fax: 310-430-7999

email: kthirkill@spotrunner.com

Spot Runner Inc

6300 Wilshire Blvd

22nd Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90048

Apparently every single picture I find on the Internet just isn't high enough quality for TV. Anyone have some SUPER high res Ron Paul pictures? I wanted the ones of him with Reagan, him in Uniform, and any other good ones but none of them could survive TV. If anyone has any higher res versions of these or others, please do inform me of them. The 72 pixels/inch is what's killing me. Probably the mosaic would be good to use, but anyone have it in form thats less than 10 MB in size? And any other high res pics please?

Green Mountain Boy
08-24-2007, 07:34 PM
If you need a high res logo, I downloaded the official Ron Paul yard sign image (.eps) and deleted the bottom line which had the official campaign info. (It said it was free to distribute). I then exported it as a tiff file.

Here it is if you want it....click to download (http://travels.i8.com/photos/RonPaulOfficialYardSign3.tif)

2667x1235 pixels
9.44mb
350dpi

Preview:

http://travels.i8.com/photos/preview.jpg

MsDoodahs
08-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Skiing, I don't have any pics but we'll be at the barbq on Sunday and if you don't have anything by then, I will try to get as many photos as I can and email them to you.

Our camera is a Sony Cybershot and the photos are 1280 x 960 72dpi.

I'm not sure about the other stuff in the requirements ???

eta in "Fine" mode 1280x960 is about 560k and 72 dpi.

skiingff
08-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Skiing, I don't have any pics but we'll be at the barbq on Sunday and if you don't have anything by then, I will try to get as many photos as I can and email them to you.

Our camera is a Sony Cybershot and the photos are 1280 x 960 72dpi.

I'm not sure about the other stuff in the requirements ???

That would be cool, especially if you could get pictures of cute kids holding Ron Paul signs or something and shots of all the Ron Paul supporters enjoying themselves

MsDoodahs
08-24-2007, 08:20 PM
I'll do my best!

I'm pretty sure some of the others here have pictures that would work already.

Anyone?

I wish I could find that photo of Ron with that little girl from a while back. It was such a great picture.

McDermit
08-24-2007, 08:25 PM
There are tons of high quality pics on Flickr.com.

There's a guy with REALLLLLLY good, professional looking pics. You have to email him for the full res versions though. (contact info is on the pics, I didn't save them.)

MsDoodahs
08-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I flipped through those the other day - if those are high quality, skiing, mcdermit is right there are some excellent ones there!