PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul warned us: Marines conduct martial law training in Indianapolis

airborne373
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
"Under the guise of urban warfare training the 26th Expeditionary Unit an elite group of U.S. Marines will conduct a martial law training exercise at 26 “surrendered” locations in central Indiana from June 4th thru the 17th."

Read full story here: http://digg.com/politics/Marines_conduct_martial_law_training_in_Indianapol is

Fields
06-03-2008, 07:24 PM
dugg

drew1503
06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
dugg!

James Madison
06-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Isn't there some kind of law against this?

dannno
06-03-2008, 08:06 PM

:D

moostraks
06-03-2008, 08:38 PM
dugg...

Fields
06-03-2008, 08:51 PM

Yes, Posse Commitatus but it is now null and void.

Uriel999
06-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Yah know in Pensacola I get emails from the university every few months about how their is SWAT training going on at one of the nearby apartment complexes and to not worry about loud noises...That makes me nervious enough.

jack555
06-03-2008, 09:52 PM

what makes it void? force or actual law?

Crowish
06-04-2008, 12:09 AM
The changes to the Posse Comitatus Act were repealed this year, thanks to Senator Leahy putting that in a defense bill.

rathskeller
06-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Sorry, but just because some wakcos CLAIM that this is what it is does not make it so.

I am so glad I have the intelligence to laugh at things like the dailynewscaster.com, rather than link to them. IF I were that dumb, I would surely kill myself.

V-rod
06-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Sorry, but just because some wakcos CLAIM that this is what it is does not make it so.

I am so glad I have the intelligence to laugh at things like the dailynewscaster.com, rather than link to them. IF I were that dumb, I would surely kill myself.

how dare you doubt his majesty, Alex Jones???

devil21
06-04-2008, 03:28 AM

Did Alex Jones fabricate that newscast that clearly shows that US MILITARY will be conducting exercises in CIVILIAN portions of Indiana? Don't they have enough military bases here and across the globe to conduct exercises? This is a very serious foreshadowing of what's to come.

(lots of trolls showing their true colors recently)

..PAUL4PRES..
06-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Hey guys I live in Northren Kentucky and it was all over the radio. This stuff happened.

moostraks
06-04-2008, 05:01 AM
Hey guys I live in Northren Kentucky and it was all over the radio. This stuff happened.

Neocon trolls say do not believe what you see...only believe what we tell you the truth is....:D

Fields
06-04-2008, 08:43 PM
bump

Doktor_Jeep
06-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Can any of you debunkers please tell me who you are working for?

C'mon you can admit it.

drew1503
06-04-2008, 09:02 PM
What is there to debunk?

James Madison
06-04-2008, 09:38 PM

I thought Posse Commitatus barred the military from policing civilians.

revolutionary8
06-04-2008, 10:57 PM
cooked up by AJ everyone. :D
Don't worry. These aren't the droids you are looking for.

Rep. Henry Waxman (R-CA) has complained about these contracts, saying that more taxpayer dollars should not go to taxpayer-gouging Halliburton. “What kind of “new programs” requires the construction and refurbishment of detention facilities in nearly every state of the union with the capacity to house perhaps millions of people?” ask Lewis Seiler and Dan Hamburg.
Disturbingly since 9/11, and seemingly without the notice of most Americans, the federal government has assumed the authority to institute martial law, suspended Habeas Corpus, arrest anyone labeled a dissident (citizen and non-citizen alike), and detain people without legal or constitutional recourse.

It saddens this U.S. Army veteran to see our Armed Forces misused by those who have no respect for our nation’s laws or traditions.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/usmc/26meu.htm

The 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operation Capable), or MEU(SOC), is a unique organization designed to be the first on-scene in the event of crisis. It takes more than 2,100 men and women to form the 26th MEU (SOC) team. This force spends 26 challenging weeks training on how to respond to everything from disaster and humanitarian assistance to all out conflict, or war. This 2,100+ strong Marine Air-Ground Task Force is formed around a task organized command element, a reinforced infantry battalion, a composite squadron with helicopters and vertical/short take-off and landing fixed wing aircraft, and a versatile support element that carries with it 15 days of supplies to support operations ashore.

The 26th MEU(SOC) is a highly adaptive, quick response force that can execute multiple and concurrent missions within just six hours of notification. The core missions of the MEU include: conventional operations, tactical recovery of aircraft and personnel (TRAP), humanitarian assistance (HA), noncombatant evacuation operations (NEO), and security operations. In order to conduct these missions the men and women of the 26th MEU(SOC) undergo an intensive 26-week, standardized pre-deployment training program. Successful completion of this program allows the MEU to be designated ieSpecial Operations Capable.

Marine Expeditionary Units, built on the concept of a Marine Air-Ground Task Force, are much
Keep telling yourself this won't happen where you live, and it is AJ hysteria, but please spare the rest of us. TIA.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-05-2008, 06:20 AM
Did Alex Jones fabricate that newscast that clearly shows that US MILITARY will be conducting exercises in CIVILIAN portions of Indiana? Don't they have enough military bases here and across the globe to conduct exercises? This is a very serious foreshadowing of what's to come.

(lots of trolls showing their true colors recently)

In the case of rathskeller, he's never pretended to be otherwise.

As far as the public "conditioning" stuff, I don't believe it either. Americans are already conditioned to do what they're told and are already dependent for the most part. The US military could take over cities without firing shots, and probably without even being armed.

I find this sort of training extremely problematic for plenty of other reasons, though.

angelatc
06-05-2008, 06:42 AM

It was in the Indy Star too. There were several articles: here's the latest. http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080604/LOCAL18/306040007 But please don't do anything drastic. It's not worth suiciding over.

angelatc
06-05-2008, 06:53 AM
The changes to the Posse Comitatus Act were repealed this year, thanks to Senator Leahy putting that in a defense bill.

You rule! That's what Wkik says:
Recent congressionally passed law, now repealed, may have explicitly given this authority to the President. HR5122 also known as the John Warner Defense Authorization Act was signed by the president on Oct 17, 2006 John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007. Section 1076 Text of Hr5122 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies". Removing the legalese from the text, and combining multiple sentences, it provides that: The President may employ the armed forces to restore public order in any State of the United States the President determines hinders the execution of laws or deprives people of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws. The actual text is on page 322-323 of the legislation. As of 2008, these changes were repealed, changing the text of the law back to the original 1807 wording.

Raditude
06-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Dang, I watched the video and it said they were planning on doing training in Hope IN, the place I'm currently living and working.

This could be trouble.