PDA

View Full Version : ABC tells kids when they should commit suicide! This is SICK!

Agent CSL
06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Carbon Cult sickos are under fire for an interactive website that tells children they should die because they emit CO2.

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation's "Planet Slayer" site invites young children to take a "greenhouse gas quiz", asking them "how big a pig are you?". At the end of the quiz, the pig explodes, and ABC tells children at "what age you should die at so you don’t use more than your fair share of Earth’s resources!"

It's one of a number of interactive features that "Get the dirt on greenhouse without the guilt trips. No lectures. No multinational-bashing (well, maybe a little...). Just fun and games and the answers to all your enviro-dilemas," ABC claims.

The site is aimed at 9-year olds. However even a "virtuous" rating (e.g. not owning a car and recycling) is outweighed by eating meat, or spending an average Aussie income - with the result that many 9-year olds are being told they've already outstayed their environmentally-compliant stay on the planet.

"Do you think it's appropriate that the ABC ... depict people who are average Australians as massive overweight ugly pigs, oozing slime from their mouths, and then to have these pigs blow up in a mass of blood and guts?" asked Senator Mitch Fifield in the Herald-Sun.

More: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/03/abc_planet_slayer/

Play it for yourself:
http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/greenhouse_calc.htm

Kludge
06-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Ahhh... Every self-respecting childrens' website should open with "find out when you should die".

Kludge
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Ahahahahaha! Once it asks how much you consume (in dollars?), it basically determines the entire quiz.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/4785/whenishoulddieuc7.png

Agent CSL
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Hitler got up from the grave, and Alex Jones is looking like Brad Pitt right now...

AutoDas
06-03-2008, 07:23 PM
That's really screwed up.

yongrel
06-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Haha. Australia is a wild continent/country.

SeanEdwards
06-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Earth first!

We can strip mine the other planets later.

WRellim
06-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Carbon Cult sickos are under fire for an interactive website that tells children they should die because they emit CO2.

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation's "Planet Slayer" site invites young children to take a "greenhouse gas quiz", asking them "how big a pig are you?". At the end of the quiz, the pig explodes, and ABC tells children at "what age you should die at so you don’t use more than your fair share of Earth’s resources!"

It's one of a number of interactive features that "Get the dirt on greenhouse without the guilt trips. No lectures. No multinational-bashing (well, maybe a little...). Just fun and games and the answers to all your enviro-dilemas," ABC claims.

The site is aimed at 9-year olds. However even a "virtuous" rating (e.g. not owning a car and recycling) is outweighed by eating meat, or spending an average Aussie income - with the result that many 9-year olds are being told they've already outstayed their environmentally-compliant stay on the planet.

"Do you think it's appropriate that the ABC ... depict people who are average Australians as massive overweight ugly pigs, oozing slime from their mouths, and then to have these pigs blow up in a mass of blood and guts?" asked Senator Mitch Fifield in the Herald-Sun.

More: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...planet_slayer/

Play it for yourself:
http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/greenhouse_calc.htm

Now the idea really is NOT to implant the idea that the children should commit suicide at a the age computed for themselves.

I'm sure what they REALLY have in mind is that the kids enter the data for their "parents" and "other adults" -- and then get them used to the idea that people SHOULD BE MADE TO DIE at certain ages, in order to "save the planet."

Prepping them for euthanasia. (Hopefully the kids will select the makers of this ABC online game as the first to go... after all, it would only be justice, ABC is using all that electricity to provide that website.)

Kludge
06-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Now the idea really is NOT to implant the idea that the children should commit suicide at a the age computed for themselves.

I'm sure what they REALLY have in mind is that the kids enter the data for their "parents" and "other adults" -- and then get them used to the idea that people SHOULD BE MADE TO DIE at certain ages, in order to "save the planet."

Prepping them for euthanasia. (Hopefully the kids will select the makers of this ABC online game as the first to go... after all, it would only be justice, ABC is using all that electricity to provide that website.)

Hmmm.... what's that blinking light?

WarDog
06-03-2008, 07:46 PM
UnFlippen Believable

WRellim
06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Hmmm.... what's that blinking light?

Its the signal that that tells you it's time to unplug Grampa's medical support equipment. :eek:

bkreigh
06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I should die at 8.7 yet i walk to work and live in an apartment and recycle my soda cans and newspaper. I guess i need to throw some money towards green businesses, get rid of my SUV, and stop traveling to see my family. What a crock of crap.

Danke
06-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Wasn't there a tread started a couple of days ago on this ABC presentation?

Nirvikalpa
06-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I answered all of the questions the worst answer and I was told to die at 1 years old :D

I was just curious to see if it would say "you should have never been born at all!"

FindLiberty
06-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank goodness we have wars to cull these useless eaters before they are old enough to vote. Wait, what did Ron Paul say about unnecessary wars?

angelatc
06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
I answered all of the questions the worst answer and I was told to die at 1 years old :D

I was just curious to see if it would say "you should have never been born at all!"

If you didn't die then you're a selfish pig, using far more of your fair share of whatever stuff they're promoting or something.

Patriot123
06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh, please. It's very clear what they meant by "what age should you die?" It's simply saying what age would you would have to live to until you produce your fair share of greenhouse gas.

Now the way they worded it is poor. I'll agree. But it's not like they purposely went out of their way to tell children to commit suicide ;) But, yes, it was worded poorly. I'll agree.

Kludge
06-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh, please. It's very clear what they meant by "what age should you die?" It's simply saying what age would you would have to live to until you produce your fair share of greenhouse gas.

Now the way they worded it is poor. I'll agree. But it's not like they purposely went out of their way to tell children to commit suicide ;) But, yes, it was worded poorly. I'll agree.

They represented people as pigs and had them explode into blood and gore.... wtf. I mean, are these people incapable of thought?

Carehn
06-03-2008, 08:52 PM
9.4 for me! But its for the better of my comrades so good by all. I'm gonna go off myself.

Kludge
06-03-2008, 08:54 PM
9.4 for me! But its for the better of my comrades so good by all. I'm gonna go off myself.

Your dedication to the Common Good is nothing short of expected. God bless America.

Carehn
06-03-2008, 09:07 PM
OMG check out the Greena movie! http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/greena.htm

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 09:37 PM

Fuck Go Yourself.
Sorry,
that was worded poorly. :D

Kludge
06-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Fuck Go Yourself.
Sorry,

Bwahahahaa

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Bwahahahaa

Kludge, Your signature is also a prime example of improprietorship of poorly worded phraseology.
lol.
What on God's green earth does that mean?
What are those sticks pointing to?
lol.

Conza88
06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Fuck Go Yourself.
Sorry,

QFT. :D

Kludge
06-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Kludge, Your signature is also a prime example of improprietorship of poorly worded phraseology.
lol.
lol.

:rolleyes:

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 10:07 PM
:rolleyes:
edit myself to avoid hijack.

Back on topic:
This is genocide.

Kludge
06-03-2008, 10:10 PM
If you are a friend of SGPs, sorry, didn't mean to offend. I just don't like him as a person, personally. I didn't mean to offend you, just don't undestand what In GOD'S NAME I would be doing if I was ever, in my life, trying to "break a million sticks".
Unless I am missing something?:confused:
:D

(haha, I went back pages to get this quote =P)

I'm relatively neutral to SGP. I got this quote when I was listening in on a rant and found it humorous.

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
(haha, I went back pages to get this quote =P)

I'm relatively neutral to SGP. I got this quote when I was listening in on a rant and found it humorous.

Yesss, yessss, that is why I said what I said Kludge.

lol.
lol.
lmao.
And we round the bend?
lol

RedLightning
06-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Wow I should be dead at age 7...lol

asgardshill
06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
The little 8 year old bastard that lives across the street who keeps trampling my Peace rosebushes should have been aborted 6 years ago, before he learned how to walk. I'd like to reduce HIS carbon footprint - with a Louisville Slugger. :mad:

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 10:43 PM
The little 8 year old bastard that lives across the street who keeps trampling my Peace rosebushes should have been aborted 6 years ago, before he learned how to walk. I'd like to reduce HIS carbon footprint - with a Louisville Slugger. :mad:
OH my gosh, the only combat training the neighborhood affords (trampling shill's "prized possession roses with thorns) is even over speaking his bounds yapping about "packing". and "loading". ;)
Ancy anyone?

asgardshill
06-03-2008, 10:47 PM
OH my gosh, the only combat training the neighborhood affords (trampling shill's "prized possession roses with thorns) is even over speaking his bounds yapping about "packing". and "loading". ;)
Ancy anyone?

Are you OK? Because I didn't understand a word of that rant.

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Are you OK? Because I didn't understand a word of that rant.

I'm fine. I'll be blunt.
You are worrying about kids trampling your roses and mentioning baseball bats.
Are you okay?
Are you bats?
batty?
bat ing.
yeah. that's the ticket.

asgardshill
06-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm fine. I'll be blunt.
You are worrying about kids trampling your roses and mentioning baseball bats.
Are you okay?
Are you bats?
batty?
bat ing.
yeah. that's the ticket.

I'm glad to hear you're OK.

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm glad to hear you're OK.
Bullshit, it is troublesome that "you" are as f*d up as "you" are. (tonite)

I'd like to reduce HIS carbon footprint - with a Louisville Slugger.

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 10:59 PM

Kludge
06-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Bullshit, it is troublesome that "you" are as f*d up as "you" are. (tonite)

Shall I invite you to my neighborhood?
;)
Plenty of Roses where I live. ;)

We can play ball too. ;)
http://enscreenshots.softonic.com/s2en/9000/9488/3_gta2_wasted.jpg

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Kludge, pls edit your post, I want to avoid Shill at all costs, just say what i mean when I think it, then punch. That is my biggest problem. lol

asgardshill
06-03-2008, 11:07 PM
That is my biggest problem. lol

Whatever you say :D

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Whatever you say :D

dear mr. asgardhill, who would like to hit a child with a bat, tell me what my "biggest problem" is??????????

forgot-
"Louisville Slugger" was the sort of bat Mr. Shill would prefer.

asgardshill
06-03-2008, 11:10 PM
dear mr. asgardhill, who would like to hit a child with a bat, tell me what my "biggest problem" is??????????

Uh, I never actually posted that I would like to strike a child with a baseball bat. I inferred it, but never actually said it. Read the post again.

Its been a pleasure schooling you.

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Uh, I never actually posted that I would like to strike a child with a baseball bat. I inferred it, but never actually said it. Read the post again.

Its been a pleasure schooling you.

after you "clarified" that you only "imagine"/"Inferred"/threatened such things as opposed to you actually making a confession. As we Americans know, confessions are what matter.
:cool::eek:

asgardshill
06-03-2008, 11:15 PM
after you "clarified" that you only "imagine"/"Inferred"/threatened such things as opposed to you actually making a confession. As we Americans know, confessions are what matter.
:cool::eek:

I confessed to no such thing. Inference is not confession.

Thanks again for being the designated slappee in this thread.

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I confessed to no such thing. Inference is not confession.

Thanks again for being the designated slappee in this thread.
I suppose it is time for another lopsided pole upside the head?
Thanks, but no thank you ma'am.
:D

Nirvikalpa
06-03-2008, 11:26 PM

THAT made my day :D Thank you! lol

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 11:27 PM
I do not understand how this is funny, and how it made your day.
:confused::confused::confused:
Please explain.

asgardshill
06-03-2008, 11:27 PM

Thanks. And unlike another poster on this thread, thanks for not taking me too seriously. :cool:

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks. And unlike another poster on this thread, thanks for not taking me too seriously. :cool:

how fun. :rolleyes:
EVERYONE knows that shill is "kidding". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: He's faaamusss. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT TO AD D -
CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTO GRAPHIC?

Nirvikalpa
06-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I do not understand how this is funny, and how it made your day.
:confused::confused::confused:
Please explain.

He/She (sorry) was just joking. Laugh a little :)

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 11:40 PM
The Democrats amass thousands under the guise of "change".

He/She (sorry) was just joking. Laugh a little :)
Suggestion:
If you want to "laugh" GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
WARNING:
NOT FUNNY THREAD.

revolutionary8
06-03-2008, 11:57 PM

More: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...planet_slayer/