PDA

View Full Version : Silver for college?

bill50
06-03-2008, 05:16 PM
I have one year of college left. I've been putting money that I make over the summer in CD's that mature early enough to cash them for second semester. I was thinking about using my early summer pay to buy silver. I know that silver has been increasing, but of course its not strictly increasing. There is fluctuation. I'm working a lot this summer and I don't have time to check the price of silver daily to look for the best day to buy it early in summer and best day to sell it before my tuition comes due. Is it likely that if I buy silver when I get the money that in August and January when I sell it the price will have gone up enough to make it worth the trouble?

OptionsTrader
06-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Is it likely that if I buy silver when I get the money that in August and January when I sell it the price will have gone up enough to make it worth the trouble?

Anyone that tells you an emphatic yes is blinded by greed and believes too strongly in the inevitibility of short term monetary inflation. Silver could very easly go down or do nothng between now and August. Long term, I am bullish Silver, but to predict where it will be in August is speculation. Speculation is OK, and I do it every day, but you can be wrong and lose money speculating. Nothing goes up in a straight line.

OptionsTrader
06-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I've got better ideas for making money between now and August/January if you want to PM me.