PDA

View Full Version : How to FAIL at taking over your local Republican party

FreestarMediaDotCom
06-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Today I had the chance to vote for 7 people for the Republican Central Committee of California. I heard that we had all sorts of Ron Paul Republicans trying to take over the party. However, NO ONE SENT OUT A LIST OF WHO THE RON PAUL CANDIDATES ARE! So my seven votes were wasted. Yes, I had asked my local Ron Paul organizer for this list to be sent to everyone. Never happened.

:mad:Duh.

newyearsrevolution08
06-03-2008, 12:52 PM
A mistake that odds are will be fixed in the next election there I hope.....

Organization is one thing that can get fumbled around with in a grassroots effort indeed.

Primbs
06-03-2008, 12:58 PM
We had a tough time in Virginia. We just voted for delegates a few weeks ago. It was difficult to find out who the Ron Paul delegates were.

FreestarMediaDotCom
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
This is a recurring problem with libertarian minded activists. They don't think things through. They act impulsively (hold a rally, do a march, etc.) without any thought about what it will actually accomplish. And, as in this case, they don't follow-through from A to Z with the project.

STRATIOTES
06-03-2008, 01:48 PM
This reply was posted on A Well regulated militia forum (http://www.awrm.org/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi) but should not be seen as off topic in this thread, because if we have too narrow a focus on single issues we will still fail even though we have great candidates to run for office and people vote for them.

Our Nation is like a wagon that the wheels fell off of.

There are four wheels to make the wagon roll, one wheel for the economics, one wheel for the policies, one wheel for the justice system and one wheel for the militia the force of the entire system.

economy
policy
justice
militia

We have all witnessed what the storm Katrina did to the south, it destroyed shipping ports railroads, bridges, government buildings, police departments, broadcast and communications systems and yet with all that destruction the New World Order just got stronger, there was no shit hit the fan free for all even against JBT's going door to door taking guns.

We either get the wheels on our wagon or get run over by the leviathan just like the last 60 years.

One of the difficulties we are having here on AWRM.org is we wear too many hats, we have to make our living by working for wages and then try to organize, prepare logistics, train, educate and build up morale esprit de corps,establish equipment and communications proto-calls fight city hall, swarms of badged bandits, and millions of Fedcoats and on and on.

The National Militia Standards is working very well, the instructor cadre concept is working very well but it is not enough we have to get all four wheels on the wagon and we need help to do that.

hopeforamerica
06-03-2008, 01:55 PM
We depend too much on leaders. Very few people step up to the plate to help organize the way we need to. I try to organize, but I get a bunch of whiney complainers and very little doers! The amount of energy I expend to get people to communicate and follow through with things is amazing! Right now we have been recruiting hard for people to become elected PCs. I have a team of guys that will even go out and collect the 15 signatures people need. You would be floored out how many of these people have BACKED out! Even after we did ALL of the work for them. Very frustrating indeed.

If you see a problem that is happening step up to the plate and be the answer to the problem. We need a lot more doers. I even had one guy say: "keep me informed, I like to watch Ron Paul videos, but I don't have the time to be a PC." Are you kidding me?

STRATIOTES
06-03-2008, 02:37 PM
We depend too much on leaders. Very few people step up to the plate to help organize the way we need to. I try to organize, but I get a bunch of whiney complainers and very little doers!

The general rule is 10% of the people do 90% of the work what is missing from the ranks is motivation, look at the TV show fear factor, people will do the most humiliating things at only a chance to win $50,000 dollars.

The workman is worth his hire is a very important principle , the activist must get a reward out of all that blood sweat and tears labor or they soon lose interest and become a hindrance instead of a help, not only do they drag their feet but whine about how everything is waste which brings down morale for those that labor on.

Esprit de corps essential and why both reward and correction is needed in a group.

Ozwest
06-03-2008, 02:49 PM
The Republican Party deserves a good ass-kicking.

They treated Dr. Paul with disdain.

No tears shed here.

FreestarMediaDotCom
06-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Just spread the word to all local activists...tell everyone who is "one of us" when it comes time to vote for new representatives in the Republican party.

mediahasyou
06-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Too often we wait for others. Do it yourself. Don't wait for orders from the top. Be an activist. Just do it.

We all need to be reminded of the code of conduct to better direct us.
http://www.freedom-force.org/freedom.cfm?fuseaction=membership

Matt Collins
06-03-2008, 03:24 PM
You should see what's happening in Orlando

Fyretrohl
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
What IS happening back home in Orlando?

FreestarMediaDotCom
06-03-2008, 04:26 PM
We should have a listing of the Republican parties that have been taken over. State, County, City. Does any have info on success stories?

Fyretrohl
06-03-2008, 04:28 PM
How about no more references to 'Taking Over'. How about, enlightened? Freed?

The Lantern
06-03-2008, 05:16 PM
How about no more references to 'Taking Over'. How about, enlightened? Freed?

We are not taking over the party. We are growing the party.

FreestarMediaDotCom
06-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Fine. I just wanted to know who the Pro-Ron Paul people were so I could vote for them. Make sure this doesn't happen in your state.