PDA

View Full Version : Some people want a McCain/Ron Paul ticket? Say what?!

SnappleLlama
06-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Here's the scoop:

http://startelegram.typepad.com/politex/2008/06/ron-paul-suppor.html

fedup100
06-03-2008, 12:40 PM
I hate McWar, but, that is how it should be done.....Paul does have clout and they fear him. They must offer him the vp seat in order to get our votes. McCain will never live to end his first term, he is eat up with cancer.

Unfortunately aipac would make sure Dr. Paul never live long enough to take over.

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
PAUL/ROMNEY maybe or PAUL/______ whoever paul chooses,but im sorry mccains campaign is done from within the republican party;)

mccain has burnt the bridges with us, we have a long list, we do not forget and will not forget..

LibertyCzar
06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
These are the same people pimping Clinton on Obama. They have the narrow idea of unifying the parties by merging primary election opponents onto the same ticket. However, anyone who knows about the party and McCain and Paul would realize how ridiculous the notion is.

SnappleLlama
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
The thing is, it would be awesome to have Ron Paul as the head of Congress (i.e., Veep), but I don't trust McCain. OH, RON, WHY CAN'T YOU RUN AS AN INDEPENDENT?! YOU COULD WIN!

newyearsrevolution08
06-03-2008, 12:51 PM
No matter how this ONE ELECTION goes should not slow down educating those around ourselves. Make sure the next presidential election will go to a candidate who follows the constitution. Educate the public NOW since we will have a few years of "grassroots" efforts to generate a SOLID Base and if needed a complete take over depending on how the next 4 years goes under whatever administration we end up with.

Having Ron Paul as a V.P. would only be offered to buy our votes but even then you know they will loophole him into not being able to do ANYTHING worth a damn in that position just like how it has been for him in congress for this many years.

We need MORE candidates in all areas of government and until we can get a decent portion of liberty candidates into senate and congress then it will not have any effect especially with our wonderful democratic ways of doing things, majority will always beat the constitution which is sad and should not be...

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 12:52 PM
please read,sign,and spread,do it live. http://www.lettertogop.com/

rockandrollsouls
06-03-2008, 12:53 PM
You guys are missing something....the purpose of a vice president. Both of them are very old now.

FrankRep
06-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Not gonna happen.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-03-2008, 12:56 PM
a McCain/Ron Paul ticket?

Not going to happen. No f-ing way.

McCain will never ask Paul to be his Vice President and Paul would probably not even want it.

newyearsrevolution08
06-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Not going to happen. No f-ing way.

McCain will never ask Paul to be his Vice President and Paul would probably not even want it.

Exactly, Ron has much more ability doing what he is currently doing which is "educate the public to rebuild the republic". That sounds cool actually.....

surf
06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
the only way that i, a registered republican precinct committee officer, would ever vote for McWar was if he had RP (or, perhaps, Mark Sanford) as his VP. The ONLY way.

If we have any trolls reading this, pass it on to McWar, please.

Cowlesy
06-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Will never ever happen. McCain and his staff think Ron and us are complete buffoons.

m72mc
06-03-2008, 01:41 PM
lol. No. Will never happen.

kombayn
06-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Even if it did happen, I would not vote for McCain. My main objective in this election is the War in Iraq, we need a solution to get out immediately! And if Ron Paul took the Veep Nomination from John McCain, I would be extremely disappointed and he would lose some credibility in my eyes.

SilentBull
06-03-2008, 03:01 PM
What exactly would he be able to do as VP? I remember John Adams said he hated being VP because he didn't do much. I know he's supposed to be the head of congress (or is it just the senate) but what can he do with that?

I think it would be a bad idea because since he won't be able to do much, they will blame him and McCain for our problems. The average American won't be told that McCain doesn't listen to this VP who has the right solutions.

FunkBuddha
06-03-2008, 03:01 PM
If McClown/Paul was elected, how long do you think it'd be before some nutty RP supporter popped a cap in Johnny's ass? I'm certainly not advocating it, I'm just sayin' .

McLame knows this,too . No way he'd pick Paul.

soapmistress
06-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Maybe Romney/Paul but no way McCain/Paul. Neither will happen, of course.

malkusm
06-03-2008, 03:26 PM
You guys are missing the point. It's irrelevant whether McCain will offer VP to Ron Paul. Ron Paul will never take it.

Come on, the guy hasn't compromised his principles in 20 years of voting in Congress....and you think he's going to sell out to McCain of all people???

richardfortherepublic
06-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I would vote for Romney/Paul, but not Paul/Romney or McCain/Paul ticket.

If we get Romney to be our VP, we will see another March 30, 1981. On the other hand if Dr.Paul is the VP, he would be relatively safe.

McCain/Paul ticket?????

That Presidency...is best summed up here.

http://www.rofl.name/lolcity/

qh4dotcom
06-03-2008, 07:10 PM
I hate McWar, but, that is how it should be done.....Paul does have clout and they fear him. They must offer him the vp seat in order to get our votes. McCain will never live to end his first term, he is eat up with cancer.

Unfortunately aipac would make sure Dr. Paul never live long enough to take over.

Romney and Huckabee have more clout...unfortunately...and Dr. Paul would never accept unless he can change McCain's platform

ronpaul4ever2008
06-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Those thinking Paul has clout politically are clueless. He has none. What is he going to deliver? Texas? He didn't even win that state in the Republican primary. He didn't even win 1 state. The above post saying Romney and Huckabee have more clout is absolutely correct. Huckabee helps get a big block of evangelicals in Iowa and down South, Romney helps with fiscal conservatives, mormons out west, and in Michigan. Paul appeals to a very small group of voters and many people think he's a kook, including John McCain. He would never be offered the VP. He has no clout, they don't fear him(they mock him), and the most they'll offer him is a speaking role at the convention.

RonPaulFever
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
and the most they'll offer him is a speaking role at the convention.

...and he probably won't even GET one.

Huckabee is the obvious choice for VP if the Republicans have any hope of avoiding a landslide victory for the Dems.

LibertyIn08
06-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Those thinking Paul has clout politically are clueless. He has none. What is he going to deliver? Texas? He didn't even win that state in the Republican primary. He didn't even win 1 state. The above post saying Romney and Huckabee have more clout is absolutely correct. Huckabee helps get a big block of evangelicals in Iowa and down South, Romney helps with fiscal conservatives, mormons out west, and in Michigan. Paul appeals to a very small group of voters and many people think he's a kook, including John McCain. He would never be offered the VP. He has no clout, they don't fear him(they mock him), and the most they'll offer him is a speaking role at the convention.

Why are you here?

Eric21ND
I would rather fall on my sword than vote for McCain/Paul...

LibertyIn08

Huckabee is the obvious choice for VP if the Republicans have any hope of avoiding a landslide victory for the Dems.

Huckabee's 'duck' comment shot his chance at the VP slot, most likely.

Eric21ND
06-03-2008, 07:21 PM

perhaps TROLL! :rolleyes:

ronpaul4ever2008
06-03-2008, 07:23 PM

Exactly. I wish they would at least offer him that much. But to think that Paul would get offered a VP spot when he probably won't even get a speaking role at the convention is ludicrous. Huckabee has said some stupid things so I'm not sure about him as a post above mentioned. Whoever McCain picks, it won't be a landslide so stop saying that. The electoral map from '00 and '04 won't change drastically.

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-03-2008, 07:25 PM
McCain, Obama, Romney and Clinton are all on the same team. Their common enemy is Ron Paul. It's irrelevant which of those 4 becomes president. Both parties are controlled by the same people, it's a win-win situation for them. You will never ever ever ever ever ever ever see the GOP offer RP anything. Anyone who thinks there is even a remote chance we'd see RP selected as a VP running mate is delusional.

satchelmcqueen
06-03-2008, 07:56 PM
i will never vote for McCain. Its Paul or nothing.

DAFTEK
06-03-2008, 08:22 PM
f this!!!! I WILL VOTE FOR MCPAIN! screw all this bullcrap, i cant believe obomba just won the nomination!

SnappleLlama
06-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Ron Paul...I'm writing him in on the ballot this November. I will NOT vote for McCain. What a dolt.

rodriguezintexas
06-19-2008, 02:08 AM
I say let's vote Ron Paul in as Vice-President and then throw a parade for McCain in downtown Dallas.

Paulitical Correctness
06-19-2008, 02:28 AM
Nothx.

kombayn
06-19-2008, 05:00 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/18/opinion/main4190265.shtml

McCain says, "VP Pick can disagree on issues." You think his team is throwing feelers out there. Honestly if McCain did pick Paul and changed his War stance to a "We'll have a detailed plan to responsibly with-drawl the troops and win the War... Blah... Blah... Blah..." I would consider voting for the ticket.

pinkmandy
06-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Ron Paul said he would decline. He said he cannot be the VP to someone he would not vote for. He has principles, remember? He also said if he were McCain's VP and McCain then invaded Iran that he would be so distraught he'd have to resign.

To Dr. Paul, being McCain's VP is like selling his soul. Please don't push for such a thing that he is so adamantly against on moral grounds.

acptulsa
06-19-2008, 06:37 AM
I say let's vote Ron Paul in as Vice-President and then throw a parade for McCain in downtown Dallas.

:D That's not nice. :D You shouldn't say things like that on these forums. :D We don't even want to be associated with such thoughts. :D Don't get the thought police up in arms now. :D

ronpaulhawaii
06-19-2008, 06:46 AM
... :D Don't get the thought police up in arms now. :D

http://oneyearbibleimages.com/moses_aaron_hur.jpg

:D