PDA

View Full Version : Think The State Does Not Own Your Children??

moostraks
06-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Texas judge orders return of polygamists' children
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iIdMpRHjN4hpNKBhfYyAsR4DDo4QD9121OHO1

In exchange for regaining custody, the parents are not allowed to leave Texas without court permission and must participate in parenting classes. They were also ordered not to interfere with any child abuse investigation and to allow the children to undergo psychiatric or medical exams if required.

Free society? Where anyone can make a false allegation and get your children stolen while you attempt to disprove a negative. Then, not be found guilty of an illegal offense that they can charge the the parents with, and yet these people were forced to sign away rights to leave the state and have government entities give them parenting classes while they shadow them and watch their every move, BECAUSE THEY WERE DIFFERENT!!!

It happens more often than you think!! Claim a religious choice that is not conventional and the state will hound you and question your veracity. The state is such a capable moral provider with all the keys to healthy parenting skills now, ehh? Then why do so many foster children suffer abuse?? You know the ones in households trained to parent by these same entities??

"However, it does not put restrictions on the children's fathers, or require parents to renounce polygamy or live away from the sect's Yearning For Zion Ranch in West Texas."

Uhh...so why are they shadowing them again? Why are they getting parenting classes?

"The judge's order requires that parents allow children's welfare workers to make unannounced visits and that the families notify CPS if they plan to travel more than 100 miles from their homes."

How would you feel if they could not find you culpable for a prosecutable crime but you are shadowed with unannouced visits and held hostage to a 100 mile radius? They will find something to try to spin their way, they(CPS) are just buying time to get something they can construe in public opinion to redeem themselves with...This could be you. A unhappy neighbor could put you in this same position. The cps system is not out for protecting children and doing what is in the child's best interest. A large handbook of policies is utilized to seperate families, many cps agencies are run this way (not all but a signifigant amount!!).

You may not agree with their lifestyle, but without being criminally punishable why should the state have this much authority to interfere? Would you not agree to anything to get your children back knowing the horror stories of children in foster homes??

angelatc
06-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I had the very same thought when I read this. It's truly scary to see how much the state cares for us.

I hope their lawyer continues to contest the restrictions. Children should not belong to the state.

CurtisLow
06-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Sad to say, but I am glad I decided not to have kids.. I have no one to worry about but my wife and I.