PDA

View Full Version : Urgent

Douglass Bartley
08-24-2007, 04:39 PM
For those of you who wish to join the Townhall fray go to my blog where I have posted this outrage. Make comments there. They are now stonewalling. They won't send me the transcripts. Make a fuss before I get kicked out too. http://rxpaul.townhall.com

Added: Not one comment from here on the banishment of libertyE. Does anyone really give a damn. You should all be over there complaining when one of our own gets trashed. This will be my last post here unless some action occurs. Please hold down your cheering and do it for Liberty and our cause.

Douglass Bartley
08-24-2007, 06:03 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Do you all think you could break away from your busy night here on the forum for a couple of minutes and make a comment under Doug's blog, here:

http://rxpaul.townhall.com

It would be really great, if you could. That way, it might appear as if we have a modicum of support.
thank you.

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 06:24 PM
signing up...

mdh
08-24-2007, 06:27 PM
It's really unfortunate that this individual was banned without any reason presented to them. I understand that the Townhall admins and mods can do as they wish, however I feel it harms the overall reputation of Townhall as a reliable source for conservative news, views, and discussion to have a contributor banned without any realistic reason being presented, and to have an even more prolofic contributor and regular blogger of one of Townhall's most popular blog sites denied requests to even know who to contact regarding the matter. On any site featuring political content that allows users to contribute, there will be some dischord. This is unavoidable. I've never, however, known Liberty to be an individual who was disrespectful either of the rules of the given forum or of fellow posters. How that inevitable dischord is dealt with says a lot about the information outlet as a whole - much as liberal media tries to squash out Christian views in favor of evangelical atheism, conservative outlets which quash opposing viewpoints within our movement do the overall movement a terrible disservice.

In this day and age, conservatives in the US demand less bias and more intellectual coverage of events affecting our lives, families, and communities than the mainstream media provides. Many of us turn to independent media and the internet for that. By taking such actions and not simply owning up to who did what and why, Townhall degrades itself in the eyes of many of us who appreciate an atmosphere of transparency and accountability.

I hope those reading this understand my point of view and at least consider it in the future.

Take care and God bless.

That should work. ;)

Johnnybags
08-24-2007, 06:33 PM
For those of you who wish to join the Townhall fray go to my blog where I have posted this outrage. Make comments there. They are now stonewalling. They won't send me the transcripts. Make a fuss before I get kicked out too. http://rxpaul.townhall.com

Added: Not one comment from here on the banishment of libertyE. Does anyone really give a damn. You should all be over there complaining when one of our own gets trashed. This will be my last post here unless some action occurs. Please hold down your cheering and do it for Liberty and our cause.

Vote for Hillary, Romney whomever, I am not personally here to subsidize blogs although I agree with you on a need for a reason to ban you. If you are so thin skinned to never post here again because your blog was taken off the air, then so be it. We are here to get Ron Paul elected and many more difficult tasks lie ahead in need of troopers to forge ahead despite adversity. Obviously you are not ready to answer the call. I wish you would stay but if its some quid pro quo thing, sayonara.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Vote for Hillary, Romney whomever, I am not personally here to subsidize blogs although I agree with you on a need for a reason to ban you. If you are so thin skinned to never post here again because your blog was taken off the air, then so be it. We are here to get Ron Paul elected and many more difficult tasks lie ahead in need of troopers to forge ahead despite adversity. Obviously you are not ready to answer the call. I wish you would stay but if its some quid pro quo thing, sayonara.

Who said I wasn't going to post here anymore?

Now, you should proceed quickly to remove your foot from your mouth!

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
ok, i dived in as maximpactmerkel.

BUT i really think you guys are overreacting a little bit here ! maybe liberty should have ignored those rude comments - trolls feed on responses! we should all learn from this and try to stay out of trouble.

i don't want to encourage you in any way to stop defending ron pauls positions on townhall, but as i said, sometimes less is more, especially if you realize the person you are exchanging arguments with is just bitching around and trying to make big fuzz.

my 0.02

Johnnybags
08-24-2007, 06:40 PM
that needs a reschooling, and as Rodney said " can't we all just git along".

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Max, I DID ignore the insults and threats to me personally. That is the whole issue.

mdh
08-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Threats of lawsuits are really weaksauce. I wish Doug had not chosen to do that. :(

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 06:46 PM
that needs a reschooling, and as Rodney said " can't we all just git along".

He needs a "reschooling" in WHAT? The man works his backside off for Ron Paul!!! He, in a number of months went from nothing to the TOP BLOG on TownHall!! His blog is all about Ron Paul. Do you understand? Thousands upon thousands of people visit his blog and learn about Ron Paul. TownHall is the Number one Republican website in existence.

You badly need to retract your insult. Now you owe both me AND Douglass an apology.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Threats of lawsuits are really weaksauce. I wish Doug had not chosen to do that. :(

Doug is a retired judge.

You also missed the very nasty threat that a supposed lawyer made to me about a lawsuit. That is what started this whole thing.

There is no reason for anyone to analyze what Doug is doing. All I asked you to do was to please go over there and at least pretend you support me and more importantly, Ron Paul. Do we really need to rehash this whole thing again. It's really just a simple thing to do that will take a whole 5 minutes out of your life.

If it is too much trouble, then just forget it.

Douglass Bartley
08-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I write because two of you commented. Thank you. But its not enought to move TH. Many of you have your opinions, but without benefit of the facts. Do you know that Liberty was threatened with jail by a Utah state attorney. That's a crime. Quit the second guessing and trust that the offense here was egregious.

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 06:54 PM
peace !!
i think johnnybags wanted to make a funny comment but underestimated how much effort doug and liberty put in their townhall blogs to get the message of ron paul out to those mainstreammedia sheeples! we actually need those 2 blogs because townhall is indeed the #1 conservative news site - so their anger is understandable and we should all try to help to get libertys blog back !

if we want to fight lets do it on townhall (but not tooo much ;) )

mdh
08-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Doug is a retired judge.

You also missed the very nasty threat that a supposed lawyer made to me about a lawsuit. That is what started this whole thing.

There is no reason for anyone to analyze what Doug is doing.

Doug is asking for our help, so I would say we do have a right to offer him constructive criticism. I actually put some time and effort into what I posted on townhall.

When I went to the link Doug provided, I saw him bandying about threats of lawsuits. I see this crap all the time. Just last night, someone threatened to sue Josh and Foofighter for the moved threads here. Nowhere had I seen the jail threats mentioned. If Doug's comment regarding a lawsuit was in response to a threat against Liberty, then that is still silly - Doug has no cause of action in such a circumstance, Liberty might, but Doug would not. Unless there is even more to the story that we haven't been told? I dunno, I'm just going on what you and Doug post here and on the link(s) that you have provided.

Hopefully my post on townhall is helpful to the cause.

axiomata
08-24-2007, 07:02 PM
I write because two of you commented. Thank you. But its not enought to move TH. Many of you have your opinions, but without benefit of the facts. Do you know that Liberty was threatened with jail by a Utah state attorney. That's a crime. Quit the second guessing and trust that the offense here was egregious.

Honestly, do you think it would really help for me to register now in order to comment on that thread? I've been reading your blog for a while, and sincerely appreciate what you two are doing, and would like to help, but I'm afraid that a newbie making his first appearance in that post will not help much.

Additionally, (it may have been posted somewhere else), but I'd like to see Liberty's whole side of the story in her own words (as that appears to be all that is currently availible.)

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Honestly, do you think it would really help for me to register now in order to comment on that thread? I've been reading your blog for a while, and sincerely appreciate what you two are doing, and would like to help, but I'm afraid that a newbie making his first appearance in that post will not help much.

For what it's worth, there's no post count or registered date on it like we have here that I could see, which is a benefit to us. Certainly established townhall members are better, but I don't know if we have too many of those here - seems like they get banned.

Johnnybags
08-24-2007, 07:09 PM
He needs a "reschooling" in WHAT? The man works his backside off for Ron Paul!!! He, in a number of months went from nothing to the TOP BLOG on TownHall!! His blog is all about Ron Paul. Do you understand? Thousands upon thousands of people visit his blog and learn about Ron Paul. TownHall is the Number one Republican website in existence.

You badly need to retract your insult. Now you owe both me AND Douglass an apology.

the way his post was written was a bit confusing to me at first"sorry" again, and I am sure he does work his butt off, but threatening to never post here again is simply ludicrous. Even if you are 100 percent correct in your assertion that you should not have been booted, I am telling you and him its a blip compared to what is ahead. The corporate blogs and msm's are going to pound with reckless abandon once Paul shows up as a viable threat to them. You need to find other ways to forge ahead when obstacles present themselves and we need all troops present and accounted for. No insult whatsoever. However, in the spirit of goodwill, I will sign up and comment, expecting a retraction of never posting here again from the good fellow. Keep in mind, they will probably not want him numero uno so will continue to ban it. Then what do you do? Forge ahead.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 07:18 PM
the way his post was written was a bit confusing to me at first"sorry" again, and I am sure he does work his butt off, but threatening to never post here again is simply ludicrous. Even if you are 100 percent correct in your assertion that you should not have been booted, I am telling you and him its a blip compared to what is ahead. The corporate blogs and msm's are going to pound with reckless abandon once Paul shows up as a viable threat to them. You need to find other ways to forge ahead when obstacles present themselves and we need all troops present and accounted for. No insult whatsoever. However, in the spirit of goodwill, I will sign up and comment, expecting a retraction of never posting here again from the good fellow. Keep in mind, they will probably not want him numero uno so will continue to ban it. Then what do you do? Forge ahead.

WHERE IN BLAZES DID DOUG SAY THAT HE WOULDN'T POST HERE AGAIN???? You are REALLY GETTING IRRITATING!!!!

You do not know how badly I want to make another comment right now that has something to do with your condescending comments, but I will refrain for the time being. I'm telling you though.... DON'T PUSH IT!!!

deedles
08-24-2007, 07:19 PM
This really makes me sad to see this fighting on here amongst Ron Paul supporters. See, this is why the powers that be always come out on top... they always start fights between us and then step back and watch us go at each other while they continue to run their game.

Now we're fighting with each other... come ON, you guys, lose the battle, win the war. This is going to be a dirty battle as Dr. Paul con't to show growth... my gosh, we can't all go wobbley when 'they' fight dirty and then start attacking each other!

I'll go register there and leave a comment if that helps. Please stop the fighting tho....:(

born2drv
08-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Well I signed up and commented what I understood as what happened, I hope they do something, I won't hold my breath of course because I'm a newbie as well but please let me know if there's anything else at all I can help you with.

Best wishes,
Yosef

Johnnybags
08-24-2007, 07:29 PM
WHERE IN BLAZES DID DOUG SAY THAT HE WOULDN'T POST HERE AGAIN???? You are REALLY GETTING IRRITATING!!!!

You do not know how badly I want to make another comment right now that has something to do with your condescending comments, but I will refrain for the time being. I'm telling you though.... DON'T PUSH IT!!!

Now, I am blind or confused but with this comment you can see why? For the record I complained, I did my part now enough with the childish antics sandbox sh*t.

wgadget
08-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I went over there and posted their "Updated Moderation Policy" and then put in a good word for Liberty.

I've always looked forward to reading Liberty's posts, as a fellow soldier in the cause. But neoconservatives really seem to shudder at the name "neoconservative." It just eats at them. They can't stand it. And I have a feeling that might have been part of the cause of Liberty's banishment.

Hopefully, I will not be next. I will tread lightly.

(pianogirl)

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks pianogirl, but that wasn't it. At some point, I'll show you the thread in question, but with the threat against me, I don't feel comfortable showing it right now. Basically, I think it was a setup by little Anne. That's ok. Turnabout is fair play and I will be back there reincarnated.

And don't tread lightly, or they will have won. I guarantee you I will not be doing that when I come back. :) I just hate all the loss of work and the smearing of my "name". The threats kind of shook me up too.

axiomata
08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I did what I could.

I know some people are angry at the way they or others were treated, but don't get too worked up over it yet. Keep pressing the issue in civil, intelligent posts, and don't expect answers right away.

Douglass Bartley
08-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Thank you Axiom and others who commented. I still think we could do much more. There were about ten who commented. http://rxpaul.townhall.com. By the way: Whoever thinks I get paid for my work at Townhall, please be disabused of that notion.