PDA

View Full Version : WHAT? Barry Goldwater jr. endorsed McCain?

goldstandard
06-03-2008, 06:24 AM
According to ocregister.com (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/paul-bartlett-mccain-2057973-gop-republican) Barry Goldwater jr. endorsed McCain:

But Bartlett, who along with other Paul supporters has begun attending GOP central committee meetings in Orange County, said he recently heard Barry Goldwater Jr. speak. Goldwater endorsed McCain.

"He made a lot of our activists think,'' Bartlett said.

McCain's support for the Iraq war and his positions on immigration don't sit well with Paul supporters, Bartlett said.

ronpaul2008 still lists (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements#political) him as an endorsement.

constituent
06-03-2008, 06:28 AM
I don't know if i believe it or not, but it wouldn't surprise me a lick, not that i know the guy.

Truth Warrior
06-03-2008, 06:37 AM
GOP tried and true, time to close the ranks against the evil Dems.

Flip side.

Dems tried and true, time to close the ranks against the evil GOP.

Deja vu < YAWN! > ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

LibertyEagle
06-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Let's wait and see, guys.

MRoCkEd
06-03-2008, 07:38 AM
wow, I hope it was a typo or something
if true, shit.

LibertyEagle
06-03-2008, 08:02 AM
wow, I hope it was a typo or something
if true, shit.

My sentiment exactly.

salsero96
06-03-2008, 08:11 AM
I read something similar a while back. I cant remember where I read it. I'm going to see if I can dig it up.

Brown Sapper
06-03-2008, 08:13 AM
He's dead to me

Dorfsmith
06-03-2008, 08:13 AM
I always said that as we head to November we will see who the true patriots are and who the team cheerleaders are. Let's hope Barry is not a cheerleader...

salsero96
06-03-2008, 08:22 AM
I found a similar article. It's not the one that I read a while back, but its similar...

"Goldwater Jr., who supported Ron Paul during the Republican primary, plans to vote for McCain in the general election and believes that his father would do the same."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/04/mccain-goldwate.html

salsero96
06-03-2008, 08:24 AM
I found this too..

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/49753?page=1

None of these articles directly quote Goldwater Jr.

SLSteven
06-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Well, we know for sure he endorsed Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7r27Az_Mns

mmink15
06-03-2008, 08:44 AM
I won't believe it til I see or hear Barry Goldwater Jr. say it himself. That would be disheartening for sure.

acptulsa
06-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Well, we know for sure he endorsed Ron Paul.

Well, I'd say it's time for the email bomb, but who knows if Goldwater wound up endorsing both?

SLSteven
06-03-2008, 08:56 AM
The important thing is - who would Thomas Jefferson endorse?

Truth Warrior
06-03-2008, 08:59 AM
The important thing is - who would Thomas Jefferson endorse? Thomas Jefferson :D

SLSteven
06-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Thomas Jefferson :D

He never had to run against Ron Paul!

Truth Warrior
06-03-2008, 09:04 AM
He never had to run against Ron Paul!
Ron for Veep ( even though he personally favors and prefers John Adams ).

OptionsTrader
06-03-2008, 09:14 AM
I call BS.

Alawn
06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
I don't know if it is that surprising that he said he prefers McCain over Obama if he was forced to choose.

Truth Warrior
06-03-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't know if it is that surprising that he said he prefers McCain over Obama if he was forced to choose.
Yep, gotta stay in the good graces of the GOP..... cuz ya just never know what the future may bring. There's no point really in burning "political" bridges.

Maybe Barry "learned the lessons" from Ron's recent GOP experiences.

acptulsa
06-03-2008, 10:22 AM

I suppose it isn't that surprising that the MSM has devolved and denigraded to the point where they would actually spin that into an endorsement, either. Nonetheless, it is pretty damned disgusting.

It reads like, "Well we are forcing you to choose!

Richie
06-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Murray Sabrin, a "Ron Paul Republican" for U.S. Senate, has stated that he would be willing to vote for (or even endorse) John McCain in the general election. Today, Mr. Sabrin's big day, everybody on this forum is rallying behind his candidacy.

If Barry Goldwater Jr. is a sellout for endorsing the lesser of the evils (a crime 80% of the people on this forum have committed), Murray Sabrin is also a sellout. Note: I don't actually believe that Sen. Goldwater Jr. and Mr. Sabrin are sellouts. I'm just making a point.

Party politics is evil. When a party nominates a candidate, you, as a member of that party, are expected to get behind that candidate and work to "unite" the party. What if that candidate is somebody bad for the country? In party politics, that doesn't matter. If we're going to be "taking over the GOP," we need to get used to it. Note: I'm not advocating voting for the lesser of the evils. I intend to cast my vote to Chuck Baldwin. I'm simply stating that with political parties comes party politics, and we need to accept that.

DealzOnWheelz
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Murray Sabrin, a "Ron Paul Republican" for U.S. Senate, has stated that he would be willing to vote for (or even endorse) John McCain in the general election. Today, Mr. Sabrin's big day, everybody on this forum is rallying behind his candidacy.

If Barry Goldwater Jr. is a sellout for endorsing the lesser of the evils (a crime 80% of the people on this forum have committed), Murray Sabrin is also a sellout. Note: I don't actually believe that Sen. Goldwater Jr. and Mr. Sabrin are sellouts. I'm just making a point.

Party politics is evil. When a party nominates a candidate, you, as a member of that party, are expected to get behind that candidate and work to "unite" the party. What if that candidate is somebody bad for the country? In party politics, that doesn't matter. If we're going to be "taking over the GOP," we need to get used to it. Note: I'm not advocating voting for the lesser of the evils. I intend to cast my vote to Chuck Baldwin. I'm simply stating that with political parties comes party politics, and we need to accept that.

QFT +1

acptulsa
06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm simply stating that with political parties comes party politics, and we need to accept that.

On the other hand, you and I both know that this is how they've shoved so much crap by us over the years.

BenIsForRon
06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Goldwater Jr. did endorse McCain. John Dean, who recently wrote a book with him on Goldwater Sr., was on Olbermann a few weeks back talking about the book. He mentioned that Jr. endorsed McCain only because, in Goldwater Jr.'s opinion, McCain would be better than the two democrats. He went on to say that Jr. initially strongly endorsed Ron Paul, and they both (Dean and Jr.) believed that Sr. would have done the same. Dean even said that Sr. probably wouldn't have changed his endorsement to McCain like his son did.

Funny I didn't mention this when it happened, as it was one the ultra rare mentions of Ron Paul on Olbermann's show.

Aratus
06-03-2008, 11:03 AM
is barry goldwater jr. hinting to ron paul that them "dems" have a deal in the works? and its party tyme?

christagious
06-03-2008, 11:04 AM
the lesser of the evils (a crime 80% of the people on this forum have committed).........
When a party nominates a candidate, you, as a member of that party, are expected to get behind that candidate and work to "unite" the party........ If we're going to be "taking over the GOP," we need to get used to it. Note: I'm not advocating voting for the lesser of the evils. I intend to cast my vote to Chuck Baldwin. I'm simply stating that with political parties comes party politics, and we need to accept that.

Well, I'm glad you're not voting for the lesser of the evils. I'm against the party-faithful politics, it's evil like you said. Personally, I'll either be writing in Ron Paul, maybe vote Baldwin (after doing some research), or I'll leave the president spot blank. Personally (again), I'd rather see the Democrat nominee beat McCain because that'll give us 4 more years to rally behind another 'Ron Paul Candidate'. If McCain wins, we'll be stuck waiting 8 years versus 4, and a lot can happen in for years, even more can happen in 8. I think some people need to step up early in terms of running in 2012 so RP can pass the torch on and it gives us a lot of time to get that person some attention because you know they'll be marginalized like Ron Paul was in the media.

pinkmandy
06-03-2008, 11:07 AM

I do get your point but when the party members put the "party" above the principles said party was founded upon then it is also the members' responsibility to stand up up and acknowledge that principles are more important *if* you're a member of a party in order to promote those principles. That is what Dr. Paul is doing, what we're doing. If Dr. Paul can stand his ground and not endorse John McCain on principle, why can't others?

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Gandhi

JMann
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM

As awful as McCain is he is so much better than O! it isn't even close. I think McCain at least as some degree of faith in free markets and capitalism. I have no doubt O! is a straight-up Marxist. Both will have no problem with foreign intervention. Given this choice you have to go with McCain.

Most politically sensible people don't consider third parties however I think Barr could mix things up this year.

MikeStanart
06-03-2008, 11:39 AM
It's called playing politics.

Even though he might not like Mccain, perhaps he's doing it to keep his wedge in the Republican Party?

Strategy, people.

This movement needs people on both fronts.

Inside the party to influence within,

And an outside force calling the Republican Party back to it's Conservative roots.

winston_blade
06-03-2008, 12:16 PM
It's called playing politics.

Even though he might not like Mccain, perhaps he's doing it to keep his wedge in the Republican Party?

Strategy, people.

This movement needs people on both fronts.

Inside the party to influence within,

And an outside force calling the Republican Party back to it's Conservative roots.

You have to at least to appear to endorse the candidate if you want to be elected to office. Strategy = good.

ARealConservative
06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
As awful as McCain is he is so much better than O! it isn't even close. I think McCain at least as some degree of faith in free markets and capitalism. I have no doubt O! is a straight-up Marxist. Both will have no problem with foreign intervention. Given this choice you have to go with McCain.

Most politically sensible people don't consider third parties however I think Barr could mix things up this year.

I don't know about so much better - but in the end he would appoint less evil judges to SCOTUS.

And unlike Obama, he pretends to be for less government, so atleast he occasionally says things we like to hear.

Plus, the dems will control congress - if they also control the executive branch things will get uglier fast.

but still.....who can vote for McCain and sleep at night?

freelance
06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Goldwater Jr. did endorse McCain. John Dean, who recently wrote a book with him on Goldwater Sr., was on Olbermann a few weeks back talking about the book. He mentioned that Jr. endorsed McCain only because, in Goldwater Jr.'s opinion, McCain would be better than the two democrats. He went on to say that Jr. initially strongly endorsed Ron Paul, and they both (Dean and Jr.) believed that Sr. would have done the same. Dean even said that Sr. probably wouldn't have changed his endorsement to McCain like his son did.

Funny I didn't mention this when it happened, as it was one the ultra rare mentions of Ron Paul on Olbermann's show.

Oh yeah, I saw that. KO totally ignored the comment.

Murray Sabrin, a "Ron Paul Republican" for U.S. Senate, has stated that he would be willing to vote for (or even endorse) John McCain in the general election.

WOW! Just WOW! I'm sick about this.

Allan Bartlett
06-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I was the one quoted by Dena Bunis in the article. It is true. Barry Goldwater Jr endorsed Ron Paul last year, but he did endorse John McCain at our Orange County,CA GOP Central Committee Meeting where he was the guest of honor a few weeks ago. Mr Goldwater said he endorsed Ron Paul because first of all, Ron asked for the endorsement and they served together in Congress. Once McCain had enough delegates for the GOP nomination, he changed his mind and went with the presumptive nominee. Here is a picture of me with the former Congressman at our recent Central Committee meeting.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_WMHOFDERZHw/SDM48161lrI/AAAAAAAAAEs/fDpAB5bXr4I/s400/Barry_Goldwater_Jr_Allan_Bartlett.JPG

http://powderbluereport.blogspot.com

surf
06-03-2008, 12:53 PM
If Barry Goldwater Jr. is a sellout for endorsing the lesser of the evils (a crime 80% of the people on this forum have committed)

i think you're overstating this; i don't for a second believe i'm among only 20% of the folks on this forum that haven't sold out at some point (i write myself in)

goldstandard
06-03-2008, 01:07 PM
In my opinion, this is a dumb strategy of Goldwater jr.

If he wants to return the party to its principles there is no other way than to endorse Ron Paul. But not only will he vote for McCain, he endorsed him. And Paul is still in the race.

I think it comes down to principles. If the Republican Party wants John McCain they are going into the wrong direction. They will stray further form their principles and lose more votes.

At one point you have to defend the principles and not some nominee. That's also party politics, long term.

SteveMartin
06-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Barry Goldwater, Jr. is no friend of mine if he has endorsed McCain. The same is true of Murray Sabrin.

I am sick and tired of fair weather patriots.

McCain is WORSE than Obama if you value peace and a nation not under military attack by most of the world.

Dorfsmith
06-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Strategy or no strategy, an endorsement of McCain puts you on the fast track to my "people I don't like" list. :( Barry lost my respect.

jumpyg1258
06-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Barry Goldwater, Jr. is no friend of mine if he has endorsed McCain. The same is true of Murray Sabrin.

Wait, am I hearing that right? Mr. Sabrin who is supposedly the next Ron Paul according to a lot of peeps has endorsed McCain? On a side note, I have officially lost all respect for Mr. Goldwater after hearing this news.

crazyfingers
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Wait, am I hearing that right? Mr. Sabrin who is supposedly the next Ron Paul according to a lot of peeps has endorsed McCain? On a side note, I have officially lost all respect for Mr. Goldwater after hearing this news.

Well the Sabrin endorsement makes sense. If he wanted any chance of winning today's GOP primary, he had to get behind McCain as the presumptive nominee. Even with that endorsment he is still largely viewed as an outsider.

I'm not sure about Goldwater. He probably honestly believes McCain wouldn't be as bad as Obama...especially if the Democrats continue to hold onto both legislative bodies as it appears the case is going to be.

kombayn
06-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Barry Goldwater, Jr. doesn't want the Dems to get into office. It's his choice to endorse McCain. I don't care either way, it's not going to sway me. I will never vote for a war-monger like John McCain, even if you put a gun to my head... It's about principles. I'd rather vote Ralph Nader (shudders).

jmdrake
06-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I suppose it isn't that surprising that the MSM has devolved and denigraded to the point where they would actually spin that into an endorsement, either. Nonetheless, it is pretty damned disgusting.

It reads like, "Well we are forcing you to choose!

Remember when someone tried to spin Ron Paul saying that Obama's foreign policy sounded better but his voting record didn't back it up as an endorsement of Obama?

fr33domfightr
06-03-2008, 02:59 PM
I attended the OC GOP CC meeting as well, and I heard him say it myself. There's no media spin here.

Richie has gotten it right. It's about trying to unite the Party, that's why he made the endorsement.

At the Q&A session, a Ron Paul supporter asked him if it's true he supported Ron Paul (so the members would hear it), and he agreed, saying he did support Ron Paul. But now we have the presumptive nominee, he said, and he felt we should unite behind the person we have, John McCain.

In his defense, he realized that John McCain isn't a conservative. He wanted to get the nominee in office first, "just get 'em in office," something his father would say, then "MOLD THEM TO OUR LIKING" [paraphrased] (when he said this he raised his voice and made a twisting motion with a clinched fist). Emphasizing this to make the case we could force him to our way of thinking.

The problem I see is, we're on the West Coast, McCain would be in Washington D.C. with all the other politicians that have been influenced by all the lobbyists. He's shown contempt of those who would question him or his legislation, so I *really* don't expect him to act any different as president.

If the GOP were organized from the bottom up, I could see us looking at possible contenders and selecting some to run, to represent the Party. What occurs now is, either someone within the Party will just run, or those at the upper levels of the National Party will just make a selection (perhaps?), without any regards to the grassroots feelings? This could be what occurs, but since the National Party officials are so disconnected from the base, the nominee doesn't reflect the feelings of the base.

FF

jumpyg1258
06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Well the Sabrin endorsement makes sense. If he wanted any chance of winning today's GOP primary, he had to get behind McCain as the presumptive nominee. Even with that endorsment he is still largely viewed as an outsider.

Well hearing that has made me lose all confidence in Sabrin. The reason why I like Paul so much is cause he stands up for what he believes in and refuses to endorse evil things or people like McCain.

SteveMartin
06-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Yep...makes you wonder how Sabrin ever got Paul's endorsement in the first place. He must be a dyed-in-the-wool "conspiracy nut" hater. Those are the only people getting endorsements from Lizardo.

alaric
06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I found a similar article. It's not the one that I read a while back, but its similar...

"Goldwater Jr., who supported Ron Paul during the Republican primary, plans to vote for McCain in the general election and believes that his father would do the same."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/04/mccain-goldwate.html

I think this made his father wake up and puke all over him:p

PaulineDisciple
06-04-2008, 11:19 AM
I had the opportunity to talk with Barry Goldwater Jr when he came to Kansas to give a speech for Ron Paul at the Kansas Caucus. I gave him a ride to one of his friends house in the KC area and so I had about 30 minutes of his undivided attention. Sorry to say, I was not very impressed with his understanding of the issues that conservatives are facing today. Compromise after we have only given over so many of our liberties is the last thing that we should be doing to further our cause. After this talk, I got the impression that he had spent most of his life riding on the coat-tails of his father and not fully owning the conservative philosophy for himself. Just my two cents.

westmich4paul
06-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I am actually kind of shocked at some of the comments on this post. What would we say as Revolution supporters if tomorrow Ron Paul endorsed John McCain? Reasonong being that he wanted to keep in goog with the GOP. I am apalled to think that we not only had people like this endorse Ron's Campaign but that we actually helped support people like Sabin who now have shown "true colors".

I will never support John McCain, and frankly do not give a rats ass about how the GOP feels about this. I will never ever give up my principles for Party loyalty and to those that do I say we tar and feather just like days of old. Treasonous cowards!

yaz
06-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I had the opportunity to talk with Barry Goldwater Jr when he came to Kansas to give a speech for Ron Paul at the Kansas Caucus. I gave him a ride to one of his friends house in the KC area and so I had about 30 minutes of his undivided attention. Sorry to say, I was not very impressed with his understanding of the issues that conservatives are facing today. Compromise after we have only given over so many of our liberties is the last thing that we should be doing to further our cause. After this talk, I got the impression that he had spent most of his life riding on the coat-tails of his father and not fully owning the conservative philosophy for himself. Just my two cents.

+9999999999

That was exactly my thought after watching him interviewed on Fox News speaking for Ron Paul. He is still not a bad guy though.

SteveMartin
06-06-2008, 06:00 AM
What would we say as Revolution supporters if tomorrow Ron Paul endorsed John McCain?

I'd say either Ron Paul was a total phony in the best tradition of Pat Buchanan and Ross Perot, or that he had done so with a gun (literally) pointed at his head and the heads of his children and grandchildren.

There is absolutely NO CIRCUMSTANCE under which anyone professing to be a patriot and a supporter of the Constitution could endorse a horrendous NWO stooge and morally-depraved and soulless monster like John McCain and retain any credibility within the patriot community.

Thomas Paine
06-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't have time to read through all the responses in this thread but at the risk of having rotten tomatoes thrown at me, I agree with the sentiment that Barry Goldwater, Sr. would have endorsed John McCain as the GOP nominee.

In 1952, Barry Goldwater, Sr. supported the moderate GOP candidate, Dwight Eisenhower, even though his favorite candidate, Senator Robert Taft, was narrowly defeated. In 1960, Barry Goldwater, Sr. supported Richard Nixon as the GOP nominee even though Nixon was not his favorite choice.

In short, Barry Goldwater, Sr. practiced fighting for his conservative ideals and for the conservative candidate(s) but once a GOP nominee was selected, then the time for internal party warfare ceased and it became time to support that GOP nominee. I find nothing wrong with Barry Goldwater, Sr.'s example. I detest John McCain but detest Barack Hussein Obama even more given what I have learned about the latter over the past few months.

Carole
06-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Thank you for the link and hope all vote in the poll.

Carole
06-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I am actually kind of shocked at some of the comments on this post. What would we say as Revolution supporters if tomorrow Ron Paul endorsed John McCain? Reasonong being that he wanted to keep in goog with the GOP. I am apalled to think that we not only had people like this endorse Ron's Campaign but that we actually helped support people like Sabin who now have shown "true colors".

I will never support John McCain, and frankly do not give a rats ass about how the GOP feels about this. I will never ever give up my principles for Party loyalty and to those that do I say we tar and feather just like days of old. Treasonous cowards!

I would have to say his entire philosophy was a lie. Dr. Paul would not endorse McInSane. They are political opposites. Unless McInSane did a complete turnabout.

Even Dr. Paul told a cable news interviewer that he could only endorse McInSane if he changed completely and followed the Constitution.

Kludge
06-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Boos for booze. Exhume Goldwater senior '08

http://www.libertypac.741.com/ExhumeGoldwater.png

SLSteven
06-06-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't have time to read through all the responses in this thread but at the risk of having rotten tomatoes thrown at me, I agree with the sentiment that Barry Goldwater, Sr. would have endorsed John McCain as the GOP nominee.

In 1952, Barry Goldwater, Sr. supported the moderate GOP candidate, Dwight Eisenhower, even though his favorite candidate, Senator Robert Taft, was narrowly defeated. In 1960, Barry Goldwater, Sr. supported Richard Nixon as the GOP nominee even though Nixon was not his favorite choice.

In short, Barry Goldwater, Sr. practiced fighting for his conservative ideals and for the conservative candidate(s) but once a GOP nominee was selected, then the time for internal party warfare ceased and it became time to support that GOP nominee. I find nothing wrong with Barry Goldwater, Sr.'s example. I detest John McCain but detest Barack Hussein Obama even more given what I have learned about the latter over the past few months.

This backing off from one's principles and coming together to support the nominee makes a certain amount of sense only as long as the nominee is not too objectionable to those principles. In this case the Republicans have gone with a near-Democrat and we need to make a stand.

Thomas Paine
06-07-2008, 12:29 PM
This backing off from one's principles and coming together to support the nominee makes a certain amount of sense only as long as the nominee is not too objectionable to those principles. In this case the Republicans have gone with a near-Democrat and we need to make a stand.

If McCain nominates an acceptable VP like Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, Governor Bobby Jindal, or SC Governor Mark Sanford, then I will be able to support the GOP ticket with the possibility existing that such a conservative VP will be elevated to President if McCain doesn't finish out his first term in office.

amy31416
06-07-2008, 12:49 PM

:)

wowabunga
06-07-2008, 10:02 PM
There is absolutely NO CIRCUMSTANCE under which anyone professing to be a patriot and a supporter of the Constitution could endorse a horrendous NWO stooge and morally-depraved and soulless monster like John McCain and retain any credibility within the patriot community.

Hey Steve why don't you tell us how you really feel...! :D:D:D

alaric
06-07-2008, 10:53 PM
If McCain nominates an acceptable VP like Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, Governor Bobby Jindal, or SC Governor Mark Sanford, then I will be able to support the GOP ticket with the possibility existing that such a conservative VP will be elevated to President if McCain doesn't finish out his first term in office.

cross off sanford. He attended bilderberg this year:mad:
and i think he would have to have God as his vp to get my vote. At least God could tell him what to do!

littlepear
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Barry becomes McCain's V.P.
+
McCain, for some unforseen reason, is unable to carry out his solemnly sworn oath of office.*
=
Barry becomes acting President with no blood shed.

Perhaps, Barry is doing it out of love for country no matter how fiercely we, the would-be benefactors, judge his actions. All is fair in ƎVO˩ and WAR!

·.¸\`'·.¸\`'·.¸\`'·.¸\`'·.¸ ¸.·'´/ ¸.·'´/¸.·'´/¸.·'´
<´¨` The New American R[ƎVO˩]UTION ¨`>
¸.·'´/¸.·'´/¸.·'´/¸.·'´/¸.·'´ `'·.¸\ `'·.¸\`'·.¸\

==================
*"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Dary
07-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Who wants to bet that Pat Buchanan is next?