LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Oh geez. That is so sad.

Lord Xar
08-24-2007, 04:11 PM
that is a shame.

TheConstitutionLives
08-24-2007, 04:11 PM
He'll be remembered as a hero in the Patriot movement.

nullvalu
08-24-2007, 04:12 PM
His film (AFF) will live on and educate thousands... He was a good man.

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 04:12 PM
that is really sad, he was a good guy !!
america freedom to facism actually was the video that introduced ron paul to me !

Shink
08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
:( Any word on a funeral? Expect Alex Jones to have a lot to say about it, and also for Ron Paul to be upset (although I don't know if he'll say much in public about him).

0zzy
08-24-2007, 04:17 PM
How'd he die, was he working on anything, how old is he?

max
08-24-2007, 04:19 PM
He could have joined the CFR and pushed his career to the level of a Steven Spielberg.

Instead, he declined Nick Rockefellers invitation and chose to serve the people. What a pity he's not around to help lead our movement.

Lets not let his legacy die. Fight the media and the Establishment as courageously as Russo fought cancer!

Aaron Russo........Filmaker.....Patriot...9/11 Truther

0zzy
08-24-2007, 04:19 PM

Cancer. I don't know. 61.

Shink
08-24-2007, 04:20 PM

If my math is correct, 64, died of cancer, unsure if he was working on something, but I bet he was. If he was, Alex Jones will probably pick up where it left off, or work off of what AR was doing.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-24-2007, 04:21 PM
How do we know he really died? All we have to go on is one wiki edit similar to the supposed source, a blog post.

dseisner
08-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Aaron Russo was a true patriot. I'm very sad to hear he died. Freedom to Fascism will be looked at as THE movie that sparked the freedom movement - because it was. If you look at the polls taken, a ton of people saw RP for the first time in AFTF. For me, his movie woke me up from the fog I was in my whole life and then RP was there waiting. NO OTHER movie changed my life like his did. The ideas he explored took extreme bravery and we need honor this man's legacy by getting Ron Paul elected. I didn't know him but I think I could guess how important this campaign was to him and he'll be smiling up there when we win this thing. RIP AR.

Mani
08-24-2007, 04:30 PM
How do we know he really died? All we have to go on is one wiki edit similar to the supposed source, a blog post.

I'm on some type of newsletter, I would get occasional letters from the Freedom to fascism website.

They emailed a long time ago about him being sick and they've emailed a couple of times regarding his poor health.

Mani
08-24-2007, 04:32 PM
This is his website:

http://www.restoretherepublic.com/

Aaron Russo

February 14, 1943 - August 24, 2007

You changed America with your presence, you have awoken millions to the truth, we will finish the game.

Let's make sure we do finish the game. Ron Paul getting the nomination is step ONE.

BuddyRey
08-24-2007, 04:33 PM
This is very sad news.

I'm going to memorialize him by ripping 100 copies of AFTF and dropping them into random mailboxes!!!

God bless you, Aaron.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-24-2007, 04:33 PM
I sure hope he didn't die due to a lack of medical coverage.

Ozwest
08-24-2007, 04:35 PM
What dseiner said Ditto.A true patriot.

Mani
08-24-2007, 04:35 PM
This is very sad news.

I'm going to memorialize him by ripping 100 copies of AFTF and dropping them into random mailboxes!!!

God bless you, Aaron.

What a great idea. We need an Aaron Russo day! Where we send out hundreds of his movies and wake up America.

Chibioz
08-24-2007, 04:36 PM
How sad. He was a good man.

LibertyEagle
If my math is correct, 64, died of cancer, unsure if he was working on something, but I bet he was. If he was, Alex Jones will probably pick up where it left off, or work off of what AR was doing.

What makes you think that? To me, it seemed like every time Aaron was on AJ's show, Alex cut him off, whenever Aaron was talking about what to DO. I noticed it on three separate occasions. It struck me as extremely odd.

Omnis
Man, I feel absolutely terrible.

I hope Aaron will watch down upon us from the heavens with the nation's founding fathers and all great patriots to help us guide the people back to freedom.

Revolution9
08-24-2007, 04:39 PM
We have power from his release to the other side of the veil. He will live on and his spiirit will help to guide many to understanding.

In Honor Of Aaron Russo I bow my head. while the thunder and lightnng boils overhead.

Randy

Shink
08-24-2007, 04:43 PM
What makes you think that? To me, it seemed like every time Aaron was on AJ's show, Alex cut him off, whenever Aaron was talking about what to DO. I noticed it on three separate occasions. It struck me as extremely odd.

Alex Jones is one of AR's closest friends. I've heard some of what you're talking about, but Alex is a stickler for making his time limits. So much gets cut off by commercials, Alex talks to them off air and always talks about getting important guests back on as soon as possible. Alex often tries to get Ron Paul to stay during interviews for longer periods of time, but doesn't get it. Radio shows are very time dependent.

Anyway, more important right now is this news. I think everyone should look at http://www.restoretherepublic.com/ as previously mentioned and think about it and steel themselves.

billm317
08-24-2007, 04:43 PM

That's a really awesome idea

Zydeco
08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
He was a patriot. Very sad.

Hamburglar
08-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Rip

Ozwest
08-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Have some respect for the man's passing. It's a little early to start spinning.

WannaBfree
08-24-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm so sad. He was such a good man, who woke millions with the truth. As mentioned earlier, he had the opportunity to join with the elite, but instead fought for us and our freedom. I'm really saddened to think that his message was censored by this forum, and by the ignoramuses here who think they know what's best for everybody, despite having voted for Bush.

This is one of my favorite interviews with Russo, which took place after a screening of his movie at another location:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-161883096738391491

God bless you Aaron, and thank you so much for all you did.

paulitics
08-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Freedom to Fascism = the red pill for many of us. He risked his life to produce this movie. He was friends with a Rockefeller and was invited into the CFR. He selflessly declined instead choosing to forewarn Americans about National ID cards, rfid chips, etc, and impending road to fascism.

I have a great respect for this man, because he had to endure plenty of personal attacks from people calling him a wacky conspiracy theorist and even questioning his motives He could have chose the wrong side, and went on with making Hollywood movies for profit. The last I heard, the documentary was still in the red,but I'm sure this was to be expected.

I recently read a biography of Thomas Paine, and his role in the first revolution . He chose to release his papers without profit, so it would not blemish the message. He was also imprisoned for his views ( enemy combatant of the state) and for aiding the enemy with a revolutionary message of freedom. If it was not for this man, will enough farmers, bakers, and merchants cared enough to sacrifce their lives for the good of the country? The real patriots are those who don't wait until it costs nothing to take a stand. Aaron Russo, like Thomas Paine, fits into this category.

jj111
08-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Aaron Russo in 2004 ran for the nomination for President of the United States on the Libertarian Party ticket. Aaron Russo lost the Libertarian Party nomination to Michael Badnarik.

mdh
08-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Aaron Russo in 2004 ran for the nomination for President of the United States on the Libertarian Party ticket. Aaron Russo lost the Libertarian Party nomination to Michael Badnarik.

Actually Aaron didn't lose to Michael so much as he endorsed Michael at the last minute.

C4de
08-24-2007, 05:15 PM
What a true patriot....helped open my eyes.

dsentell
08-24-2007, 05:23 PM
This is a tragic loss for the entire world. Aaron was a brave, courageous and great leader in the battle for freedom. Somewhere, somehow, he will watch us continue his battle..........

We will miss you, Aaron.......

gravesdav
08-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Too bad he never saw freedom. At least he got to see people waking up at the start of our movement. We're going to win for him and get Ron Paul elected.

Eternal Rest grant upon him Lord and let perpetual light sign upon him. May his soul and all the departed Rest In Peace. Amen

wolv275
08-24-2007, 05:52 PM
He introduced me to Ron Paul through his film, a real hero.

RIP Arron!

The quote on his site says it all. "You changed America with your presence, you have awoken millions to the truth, we will finish the game"

lapi7
08-24-2007, 06:01 PM
rest in peace, we will carry on your fight against corruption..... :(

Ditto!

Terrible loss to America and to humanity... :(
Thoughts and prayers go out to wife and family...

rdenner
08-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Rest in Peace My friend

WE WILL FINISH THE FIGHT!!!

Spike
08-24-2007, 06:10 PM
He will live on. We will all make sure of it.

RIP.

cjhowe
08-24-2007, 06:50 PM
With all due respect to AR, this is not Ron Paul news.

AZ Libertarian
08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Aaron Russo lives on in the heart of every person who ever saw "America: from Freedom to Fascism". I still cry every time I see it, which is a tradition that will never end.

mdh
08-24-2007, 06:56 PM

I posted a thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=14094 in General Politics some 30 minutes before this thread was created, but you know how it is with some boards being viewed by more people than others......

njandrewg
08-24-2007, 07:01 PM
actually I would say it is. Aaron was one of the first people to endorse Ron. And I would guess that his freedom to facism documentary was one of the first things where people saw Ron Paul(you know those people who don't watch CSPAN 24/7)

JosephTheLibertarian
08-24-2007, 07:03 PM
I just added his movie to my site http://tvmoviesblog.com/documentaries/america-freedom-to-fascism-directors-authorized-version It's the Director's cut, what's the difference between this one and the regular one?

I'm going to donate 100% of all my adsense earnings to the RP campaign, minus the costs for hosting and domain names! :D Not telling you to click, I've been thinking about doing this for a while. I haven't maxed out yet, so maybe this will allow me to contribute more. We can donate like $4,000+ to Dr. Paul? What's the maximum?

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I just added his movie to my site http://tvmoviesblog.com/documentaries/america-freedom-to-fascism-directors-authorized-version It's the Director's cut, what's the difference between this one and the regular one?

I'm going to donate 100% of all my adsense earnings to the RP campaign, minus the costs for hosting and domain names! :D Not telling you to click, I've been thinking about doing this for a while. I haven't maxed out yet, so maybe this will allow me to contribute more. We can donate like $4,000+ to Dr. Paul? What's the maximum?

$2300 per person to the PCC. If you have a wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/whatever, they can toss in $2300 too if you "share resources" as it were.

SwordOfShannarah
08-24-2007, 07:17 PM
F2F was the first movie that showed me the man behind the curtain. It was groundbreaking and pro-humanity. Thank you Arron Russo- you are loved!

cjhowe
08-24-2007, 07:20 PM
actually I would say it is. Aaron was one of the first people to endorse Ron. And I would guess that his freedom to facism documentary was one of the first things where people saw Ron Paul(you know those people who don't watch CSPAN 24/7)

No one mentioned RP when Reagan died. RP would hold the same position that you are asserting AR does to RP (I would strongly disagree with your assertion, but I don't wish to speak ill of the dead). RP wasn't Reagan news upon Reagan's death and AR isn't Ron Paul news.

kickzman
08-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Very much a hero.

TexMac
08-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Steve Gordon, an old friend of Aaron's, talked to the family. They're talking about a memorial, but of course, nothing has been decided yet.

Steve writes: (http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/08/24/may-aaron-russo-rest-in-peace/)

In our last telephone conversation, Aaron told me he’d kick my butt if I didn’t do what I could to ensure Ron Paul is the next president of the United States. This was his style. While some have viewed his rough-appearing exterior in a negative manner, those of us who knew him realized what a Teddy Bear he truly is. For those who aren’t aware, Aaron has a long history with Congressman Paul.
My whiskered old cheeks haven’t seen a tear on them in quite some time, and I can’t type any more right now. I’ll relay more information as the immediate family has time to deal with the situation.
If I had to guess the epitaph Aaron would prefer, it would be this: All your freedoms, all the time!
The best memorial for Aaron would be to work harder for Ron Paul's election!

deedles
08-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Steve Gordon, an old friend of Aaron's, talked to the family. They're talking about a memorial, but of course, nothing has been decided yet.

Steve writes: (http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/08/24/may-aaron-russo-rest-in-peace/)

In our last telephone conversation, Aaron told me he’d kick my butt if I didn’t do what I could to ensure Ron Paul is the next president of the United States. This was his style. While some have viewed his rough-appearing exterior in a negative manner, those of us who knew him realized what a Teddy Bear he truly is. For those who aren’t aware, Aaron has a long history with Congressman Paul.
My whiskered old cheeks haven’t seen a tear on them in quite some time, and I can’t type any more right now. I’ll relay more information as the immediate family has time to deal with the situation.
If I had to guess the epitaph Aaron would prefer, it would be this: All your freedoms, all the time!
The best memorial for Aaron would be to work harder for Ron Paul's election!

Amen to that! Rest in Peace Aaron, our prayers are with your family... you helped me take the final step in awakening with AFTF..

Let us all fight harder for Ron Paul in Aaron's memory~

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:27 PM
No one mentioned RP when Reagan died. RP would hold the same position that you are asserting AR does to RP (I would strongly disagree with your assertion, but I don't wish to speak ill of the dead). RP wasn't Reagan news upon Reagan's death and AR isn't Ron Paul news.

Regardless, I'd say this bickering is retarded. Aaron Russo was a great man, and deserves to be paid tribute in the board which the majority of people see. A lot of Ron Paul supporters especially will care about this event. It's a loss that all US citizens and freedom lovers everywhere should mourn deeply.

jukelsa3@yahoo.com
08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Aaron will go down in history as a forefather of the second American Revolution .
I recently passed out over 50 AFTF DVD's at an OZZ Fest in MA while pushing Dr. Paul. Love you man.

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Aaron will go down in history as a forefather of the second American Revolution .
I recently passed out over 50 AFTF DVD's at an OZZ Fest in MA while pushing Dr. Paul. Love you man.

Stuff like this is what we should all be doing to honor his memory.

sunny
08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
aaron russo was an honorable man with great love for his country and a true patriot!
my prayers are with you and your family
rest in sweet peace

http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/08/24/may-aaron-russo-rest-in-peace/

dude58677
08-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm a little skeptical about Aaron Russo's death. The National Libertarian Party makes no mention of his death on their website.

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm a little skeptical about Aaron Russo's death. The National Libertarian Party makes no mention of his death on their website.

Aaron doesn't hold office in the LP. This information is legit. Gary's confirmed it.

dude58677
08-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Aaron doesn't hold office in the LP. This information is legit. Gary's confirmed it.

Aaron Russo ran for President for the Libertarian Party, it would be on the website headlines.

Electric Church
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
An American Hero..when all is said and done he'll be known as a true warrior for liberty

tnvoter
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
He'll be remembered as a hero in the Patriot movement.

fact. very sad. :(

mdh
08-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Aaron Russo ran for President for the Libertarian Party, it would be on the website headlines.

LPNC also isn't a 24/7 operation. I dunno if they'll post it, to be honest.

Doesn't matter though, I know this is legit.

dude58677
08-24-2007, 08:04 PM
LPNC also isn't a 24/7 operation. I dunno if they'll post it, to be honest.

Doesn't matter though, I know this is legit.

I'm going to wait till there is more information. Remember when there were rumors that Ron Paul had 5 million dollars before the second quarter report?

TexMac
08-24-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm going to wait till there is more information. Remember when there were rumors that Ron Paul had 5 million dollars before the second quarter report?
Steve Gordon spoke with Aaron's family. It is confirmed.

unconsious767
08-24-2007, 08:20 PM
If true, I am saddened by our loss.

RIP

AFTFNJ
08-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Delete

AFTFNJ
08-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
This is very sad news.

God bless you, Aaron.

bump doing the same right now.

dude58677
08-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Steve Gordon spoke with Aaron's family. It is confirmed.

I think it has to be confirmed by multiple sources(LNP, Lew Rockwell, Free Market News ) not just one blog.

mdh
08-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I think it has to be confirmed by multiple sources(LNP, Lew Rockwell, Free Market News ) not just one blog.

I've really confirmed this myself earlier. (I wouldn't have created the thread I did if I hadn't)

dude58677
08-24-2007, 08:35 PM
I've really confirmed this myself earlier. (I wouldn't have created the thread I did if I hadn't)

I thought for sure that Ron Paul had 3-4 million dollars on his campaign before the second quarter. I was mistaken.

Wyurm
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM

I know, and I too wish it weren't true, but it is. He's mentioned before that he was dying from cancer. It was only a matter of time, however, it is still very sad to lose any freedom fighter.

Rest in peace Aaron.

MattFEAST
08-24-2007, 08:52 PM
that is really sad, he was a good guy !!
america freedom to facism actually was the video that introduced ron paul to me !

Ditto. I didn't know him in life other than his movies, but he will be missed...!:(

quickmike
08-24-2007, 08:55 PM
yeah its real alright........... RIP Aaron

http://www.prisonplanet.com/ <<<<<< its here

Roxi
08-24-2007, 09:06 PM
What a great idea. We need an Aaron Russo day! Where we send out hundreds of his movies and wake up America.

um thats a federal offense... you would have to mail it or put it on their porch

torchbearer
08-24-2007, 09:09 PM
um thats a federal offense... you would have to mail it or put it on their porch

I find the feds offensive, does that count?

I will miss Russo.

torchbearer
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Anyone have a link to a hi-res version of Freedom to Fascism?

quickmike
08-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Anyone have a link to a hi-res version of Freedom to Fascism?

At one time you could download it ISO from his site for free. Not sure if thats true anymore. I think that was just some kind of promo at one time.

You can probably find the ISO image on Utorrent I would bet.

WannaBfree
08-24-2007, 09:24 PM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/august2007/240807aaron1.jpg
Aaron Russo

America: Freedom To Fascism
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173

-----------------------------------

It really should be understood how dangerous (and life threatening) a position it is to be against the Federal Reserve, and that Aaron's movement to abolish it would have lightened a very heavy burden for RP. I don't know if it was out of fear that RP said recently that he doesn't want to abolish the Fed, but I'm sure it's understood that it is dangerous territory on which they tread.

I was really taken aback when the moderators here sent the Freedom To Fascism thread to the dungeon. I don't come here much anymore because I grew tired of people half my age with yet little wisdom telling me what I can and can't talk about. I noticed some of the more intelligent members have left this forum, probably for the same reason. Seems that anything people here don't know about is a damn "conspiracy theory" that should be suppressed. Maybe you should think about what will happen to this country if RP doesn't win. You're putting all your eggs in one basket without understanding that it was an ignorant population that has gotten us to this point.

I don't know what is going to happen to the movement now with Aaron gone, but I can only feel very scared for Dr. Paul should the full weight of it be placed upon his shoulders. I truly feel that some people here will feel very sorry when they realize that this stuff is true, and that they together with the corporate media helped to quell this information. In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to watch you spread Ron Paul's philosophy of the benefits of individual liberty and individual expression.

BuddyRey
08-24-2007, 09:28 PM

So is defacing currency, yet most of us write or stamp "Ron Paul 2008!" on our Federal Reserve notes. An unjust law is no law at all.

quickmike
08-24-2007, 09:30 PM
So is defacing currency, yet most of us write or stamp "Ron Paul 2008!" on our Federal Reserve notes. An unjust law is no law at all.

Actually there is no law against writing on currency. The law says you cant "deface currency to the point to where it is no longer useable", so writing on it doesnt really fit that description unless you totally black it out with a marker or something.

BuddyRey
08-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Actually there is no law against writing on currency. The law says you cant "deface currency to the point to where it is no longer useable", so writing on it doesnt really fit that description unless you totally black it out with a marker or something.

Whew! Glad to hear it! I was afraid I'd have to resort to subterfuge to get those bills out there. :D

quickmike
08-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Whew! Glad to hear it! I was afraid I'd have to resort to subterfuge to get those bills out there. :D

Hell, I wouldnt care if it was illegal either........... id still do it :D

Funny, I actually got a 5 dollar bill just last week for change at a Caseys gas station in Champaign, IL that had ronpaul2008.com on it. First one ive seen besides the ones I do.

cjhowe
08-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I have no doubt that Aaron Russo loved America and believed in what he was fighting for. To that extent, I respect him and wish his family comfort in their time of loss.

To the extent that the movie, America: Freedom to Fascism, has introduced people to Ron Paul, I guess I can applaud that. However, misinformation is no longer needed to rally the remnant. Freedom is popular and there is a movement winning the hearts and minds of Americans that has no need for the misinformation or fear mongering that Russo's movie spreads. We can openly engage in political discourse to return the federal government to it's proper role of simply protecting our liberties and do not need to rely on civil disobedience to get this message heard.

Spreading lies will result in blowback against our cause. Why undermine what brings us together?

michaelwise
08-24-2007, 09:44 PM
I only knew of the man for less than a year, but when I saw his film, AFF, I felt like I knew him all my life. I feel like I lost a brother. America has suffered a great loss with his passing.

agisthos
08-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Freedom to Fascism is a brilliant film but what is even more interesting is the interviews that Aaron did with Alex Jones.

Aaron talked about the fact he was good friends with Nick Rockefeller, and that Nick told him ;

a. there was going to be an 'event' and that with that 'event' we were going to go into Afghanistan to control and build an oil pipeline from the caspian sea and then go into Iraq to control the oil and energy resources there

b. He also told Aaron that people would be running around in caves looking for people who did not exist.

Nick Rockefeller told Aaron these things before the 9/11 attacks.

So either Aaron Russo is a liar or this is 100% proof that the CFR and other elite organizations had a hand in planning the 9/11 terrorist attacks. (watch Alex Jones movie Terrorstorm, a history of government sponsored terror)

Its a shame that Aaron passed away so soon, he was really starting to land some blows on the establishment.

mavtek
08-24-2007, 10:47 PM
That's too bad........

This is a great loss.

hells_unicorn
08-24-2007, 11:13 PM
I put together a little video on youtube to commemorate Russo's contribution to our cause, feel free to give me feedback on it. We truly lost a great patriot today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15jJAS9O_kQ

ToxicFrog
08-24-2007, 11:31 PM
I burned my mom a copy of FTF. My parents are blind republican loyalists (they are sincere yet ignorant in their politics).

My mom and aunt watched it together, and told me it gave them powerful heebie-jeebies. I know this is just one instance of many where Aaron's film made someone think hard about what's going on.

We lost a good man, but his work will carry on.

Lord Xar
08-24-2007, 11:42 PM
I have no doubt that Aaron Russo loved America and believed in what he was fighting for. To that extent, I respect him and wish his family comfort in their time of loss.

To the extent that the movie, America: Freedom to Fascism, has introduced people to Ron Paul, I guess I can applaud that. However, misinformation is no longer needed to rally the remnant. Freedom is popular and there is a movement winning the hearts and minds of Americans that has no need for the misinformation or fear mongering that Russo's movie spreads. We can openly engage in political discourse to return the federal government to it's proper role of simply protecting our liberties and do not need to rely on civil disobedience to get this message heard.

Spreading lies will result in blowback against our cause. Why undermine what brings us together?

* yawn *

Naysayers are just as detrimental to any movement as anything I've ever seen.

Pass this movie on.

Shellshock1918
08-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Thats sad. May God open his gates to him.

cjhowe
08-25-2007, 12:11 AM
* yawn *

Naysayers are just as detrimental to any movement as anything I've ever seen.

Pass this movie on.

I think you can take a few examples from the Ron Paul's campaign that naysayers are beneficial to principled movements. Look at the effect of Rudy being a naysayer to Ron Paul's foreign policy. Rudy helped RP's movement. Look at Saul Anuzis being a naysayer about the legitimacy of Ron Paul's inclusion in future debates. Look at Ed Failor being a naysayer about Ron Paul's legitimacy and excluding Ron Paul in Des Moines, IA. Look at Rick Beltram being a naysayer and "banning" Ron Paul in Spartanburg, SC.

In contrast if you look at unprincipled movements; ones in which lies are asserted as fact, they don't sustain quite as easily. For example, the 9/11 truther movement, the Iraq WMD movement, the unmasking the Illuminatti movement, and the taxpayers denier movement. When a movement is unprincipled and resorts to using lies they become derailed by naysayers quite easily.

hells_unicorn
08-25-2007, 12:11 AM

If you could kindly provide the actual inaccuracies present in that film, I might be compelled to see some point in this post.

Craig_R
08-25-2007, 12:37 AM
may he rest in peace

Lord Xar
08-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I think you can take a few examples from the Ron Paul's campaign that naysayers are beneficial to principled movements. Look at the effect of Rudy being a naysayer to Ron Paul's foreign policy. Rudy helped RP's movement. Look at Saul Anuzis being a naysayer about the legitimacy of Ron Paul's inclusion in future debates. Look at Ed Failor being a naysayer about Ron Paul's legitimacy and excluding Ron Paul in Des Moines, IA. Look at Rick Beltram being a naysayer and "banning" Ron Paul in Spartanburg, SC.

In contrast if you look at unprincipled movements; ones in which lies are asserted as fact, they don't sustain quite as easily. For example, the 9/11 truther movement, the Iraq WMD movement, the unmasking the Illuminatti movement, and the taxpayers denier movement. When a movement is unprincipled and resorts to using lies they become derailed by naysayers quite easily.

The thing with you cjhowe is that you come off as being insincere because you always just dance around issues and make remarks, cite alternative arguments - yet you never ever really just address anything at its face value. You deflect and throw smoke screens. You overthink things which tells me you ain't thinking enough. You overvalue your own intellect.

Just think for a second. You come on a thread giving appreciation to a man who has made a difference and you feign some sort of grief then proceed to do what you always do --- manipulate and smoke screen and change the intent of the message. You always and consistently do this. Its just an odd thing to do.

Why don't you get on some hillary/obama/neocon boards and do what you do best.

cjhowe
08-25-2007, 12:45 AM
If you could kindly provide the actual inaccuracies present in that film, I might be compelled to see some point in this post.

Wikipedia entry - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America:_Freedom_to_Fascism#Criticism

Tax protester FAQ - http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

Debunking Federal Reserve Conspiracy - http://famguardian.org/Subjects/MoneyBanking/FederalReserve/FRconspire/FRconspire.htm

The "Go to Full Article" links are quite complete on the third link.

Electric Church
08-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Wikipedia entry - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America:_Freedom_to_Fascism#Criticism

Tax protester FAQ - http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

Debunking Federal Reserve Conspiracy - http://famguardian.org/Subjects/MoneyBanking/FederalReserve/FRconspire/FRconspire.htm

The "Go to Full Article" links are quite complete on the third link.

These paid disinfo trolls don't even have the common courtesy to allow a thread to be solely dedicated to honor the recent passing of a man who millions believe to be a great warrior for liberty, a true patriot and a dedicated Ron Paul supporter. That just goes to show you the true nature of some of the creatures who have infested this forum under the guise of being Ron Paul supporters

Lord Xar
08-25-2007, 01:00 AM
These paid disinfo trolls don't even have the common courtesy to allow a thread to be solely dedicated to honor the recent passing of a man who millions believe to be a great warrior for liberty, a true patriot and a dedicated Ron Paul supporter. That just goes to show you the true nature of some of the creatures who have infested this forum under the guise of being Ron Paul supporters

My thoughts exactly. He feigns a curious sorrow, and then has handy links to try and make Russo look bad. Makes one wonder what Cjhows true intentions are. He knew someone would bait him to validate his claim... cjhow is a tricky one, but i had him pegged weeks ago.. hey cj, keep worrying... we are growing stronger by the day.....

Electric Church
08-25-2007, 01:07 AM
hey cj, keep worrying... we are growing stronger by the day.....

Indeed we are and they will loose. I am absolutely certain that I will one day meet Mr. Russo in person face to face. But until then we have to deal with these enemies of America and promote Aaron's message which is the same as Ron Paul's.

cjhowe
08-25-2007, 01:10 AM
The thing with you cjhowe is that you come off as being insincere because you always just dance around issues and make remarks, cite alternative arguments - yet you never ever really just address anything at its face value. You deflect and throw smoke screens. You overthink things which tells me you ain't thinking enough. You overvalue your own intellect.

What have I not addressed on face value? Any disagreement I have had with you, or with others, has been based on principle. Principle is as direct as you can get. It's the bedrock, the foundation of our viewpoints. I'm sorry if you find my consistency to be deflections or somehow trying to disguise the issue at hand.

Just think for a second. You come on a thread giving appreciation to a man who has made a difference and you feign some sort of grief then proceed to do what you always do --- manipulate and smoke screen and change the intent of the message. You always and consistently do this. Its just an odd thing to do.

I didn't feign grief, I offered empathy. His family should be proud that he believed in what he was saying and that he put himself out there the way that he did. I believe that he was sincere in the case he presented in A:F2F. Even in his sincerity, however, he was factually incorrect and anyone who puts those ideas forward as the truth, is lying.

Why don't you get on some hillary/obama/neocon boards and do what you do best.

They seem to be putting forth a rather consolidated front, shallow, but consolidated. This is something that libertarian minded people aren't very good at. We suck at building coalitions because we all have our own personal agendas that are more important than creating the atmosphere where our agendas can thrive.

There's a coalition message about ending the federal income tax, this is the end game that we're all interested in. You would rather split your viewpoint from the mainstream by contending there is no law instead of simply beating the drum that the size and scope of government needs to return to constitutional levels and end the nanny state.

There's a coalition message about ending our country's reliance on the Federal Reserve by returning the government to the size and scope of constitutional levels so that borrowing isn't necessary and therefore neither is central banking, but you would rather spout that there is a conspiracy and an "us" versus "them" mentaility.

There's a coalition message about protecting individual liberty, but many on this board want to shout "but only for us".

There's a coalition message about getting the government out of our personal lives, but we're going to ignore the rule of law in the meantime.

These are the problems that libertarian movements face. We are more concerned about individual ideas than we are in creating the environment in which those ideas can even exist, much less thrive.

Electric Church
08-25-2007, 01:16 AM
What have I not addressed on face value? .

why don't you go start a thread in hot topics and leave this one free of debate and full of praise for a man who has done a hell of alot more that you have and more that you ever will in your lifetime

cjhowe
08-25-2007, 01:24 AM
why don't you go start a thread in hot topics and leave this one free of debate and full of praise for a man who has done a hell of alot more that you have and more that you ever will in your lifetime

Because this thread stopped being about praise for a man when people started posting about A:F2F.

dseisner
08-25-2007, 01:46 AM

Yes, thank you. They won't leave but we need to stop listening to them.

Pharoah
08-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Aaron Russo was passionate about Ron Paul and passionate about reaching people through his movie - America: Freedom to Fascism - so let's do all we can to honor him by getting the film out to more and more people.

I'd also like to address an earlier comment in this thread about Alex Jones being a stickler for ad breaks. I've worked in radio - and the way radio works is that certain ad breaks are programmed by the network which sends instructions to orbiting satellites. Alex can't prevent these ad breaks from happening exactly when they are supposed to... he's literally cut off to allow commercials to play. You may have heard Alex apologize to guests sometimes that the next break is unavoidable because it's a "Hard Break"... now you know the technical term for what I just described.

Syren123
08-25-2007, 09:56 AM
This is his website:

http://www.restoretherepublic.com/

Aaron Russo

February 14, 1943 - August 24, 2007

You changed America with your presence, you have awoken millions to the truth, we will finish the game.

Let's make sure we do finish the game. Ron Paul getting the nomination is step ONE.

Amen.

Bless his heart.

Syren123
08-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I sure hope he didn't die due to a lack of medical coverage.

In fact, that WAS part of his problem! There was a fund set up to cover the medical costs of his cancer when it recurred - treatment was like $300,000 and he had no medical coverage.

glts
08-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Aaron Russo was a true patriot. The great sadness is that most Americans don't even know what he did for our country. They know when Lindsey Lohan or Paris takes a dump but are clueless about a great American Patriot.

Electric Church
08-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Short video in memory of Aaron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceAv5I6jyI8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprisonplanet%2Ecom%2Farticles%2F august2007%2F250807%5Fb%5Frusso%2Ehtm

CurtisLow
08-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Aaron was a true warrior of truth. We need more people like him..

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/5676/aaron20russoa2022020jpgow7.jpg
RIP

Lord Xar
08-25-2007, 02:19 PM
I have yet to see anything mentioned on Yahoo or anyplace about his passing...

RevolutionSD
08-25-2007, 02:25 PM
RIP Aaron Russo, great man, great patriot. We will definitely miss him and his work in the freedom movement.

Will the mainstream media mention his death?

There are far more obscure celebrities that get mentioned in the MSM when they die.

paulitics
08-25-2007, 05:20 PM

To the extent that the movie, America: Freedom to Fascism, has introduced people to Ron Paul, I guess I can applaud that. However, misinformation is no longer needed to rally the remnant. Freedom is popular and there is a movement winning the hearts and minds of Americans that has no need for the misinformation or fear mongering that Russo's movie spreads. We can openly engage in political discourse to return the federal government to it's proper role of simply protecting our liberties and do not need to rely on civil disobedience to get this message heard. ?

Just because it is your opinion that there was misinformation doesn't make it so. Actually your wrong on many accounts, and I'll mention just one. You are misrepresenting what Aaron said about paying taxes. He never once said don't pay taxes, or practice civil disobedience, he was documenting how corrupt the system is and how it has been ruled incourt that the income tax is unconstitutional. It is your opinion that they are constitutional. Fine, but don't misrepresent what he said. And informing people on RFID chips and national ID is not fear mongering, it is called waking people up about a very important issue before it is too late.

Spreading lies will result in blowback against our cause.

It doesn't surprise me that something as distasteful as this remark comes from someone obviously so full of himself he couldn't wait to say that until a later time.
Unbelievable.

RevolutionSD
08-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Just because it is your opinion that there was misinformation doesn't make it so. Actually your wrong on many accounts, and I'll mention just one. You are misrepresenting what Aaron said about paying taxes. He never once said don't pay taxes, or practice civil disobedience, he was documenting how corrupt the system is and how it has been ruled incourt that the income tax is unconstitutional. It is your opinion that they are constitutional. Fine, but don't misrepresent what he said. And informing people on RFID chips and national ID is not fear mongering, it is called waking people up about a very important issue before it is too late.

It doesn't surprise me that something as distasteful as this remark comes from someone obviously so full of himself he couldn't wait to say that until a later time.
Unbelievable.

Who's saying Freedom to Fascism was misinformation?
It was purely based on fact!

And even though he didn't, Russo SHOULD have preached civil disobedience!
Why should we follow immoral laws, just because they are laws? If 60% of Americans practiced civil disobedience and simply stopped paying their income taxes, we could make series change to this country.

Of course, that's plan B in case Ron Paul doesn't win. :D

LibertyEagle
08-25-2007, 05:41 PM
C'mon guys.... don't pile on.

dude58677
08-25-2007, 06:27 PM
God Bless Aaron Russo and Harry Browne, two great patriots we will never forget.

jj111
08-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Aaron Russo's "Mad As Hell"
The audio is bad, but for the most part comprehensible.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1584595362217609102

Perry
09-09-2007, 12:30 AM
May he rest in peace. I thank God for this man.:(